Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Shower Bar - Check This Out For A Chuckle!

Have a look at this picture. Can you tell what's wrong with it?

shower.jpg

The !@#$%^^&* contractor installed the shower bar waaaaaay too high for any normal human usage. We're not Yao Ming. Not sure why he thought we were 2 metres tall. Ok, it was our fault for ASSUMING that he knew the CORRECT height to install it but still!!!!!

And do you notice that the soap container is ABOVE the shower head? This is WRONG too because you'd be adjusting the shower head more than the soap container.

Where's the common sense?! :dancingqueen: I now have to get them to move the bar downwards and there'd be holes in the tiled wall. :dribble:

Just thought I'd post this up to share my frustration (blood want to come out of ears already!) and to perhaps warn home-owners to PLEASE highlight this to your contractors. DO NOT ASSUME they know the correct height.

Edited by ene

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Think u delivered the wrong showerhead to the contractor.

He was under the impression that it was rainshower system lah.

LOL! You all very funny. Yes, I am f***ing pissed. Been a long time since I used so many f*** word in one sentence when I saw it.

Tonight, am going to tell him to move it.

And mind you, this guy is not even our contractor per se. He's the guy in-charge at the condo. We already had the bathroom tiles REDONE (hack and redo!) so this is already the newer set of tiles. So hor, once he moves it, there'd be holes right?

WTFFFFFFF.

Get them to replace the tiles!:yamseng:

Yes, one piece of my tile was removed and replaced for something similar.

Then towards the end of it, another screwed up. The holes for my bathroom hooks were misaligned! For goodness sake, one up one down??? That was one little annoyance for my renovation, I get to see it every morning and get reminded of it.

Get them to replace the tiles!:bleah:

I just came back from our new place. As expected, the guy say no more tiles so cannot replace. He gave me some long story about using some random thing to patch the hole, etc etc. To be honest, I'm soooo tired of dealing with this. First, the tiles were cracked and it took FOREVER for them to FINALLY replace them.

Now this. I really want to :yamseng:

I told him I want to see everything changed back to the correct height with the holes patched up properly by weekend. We shall see......

OMG.. tt contractor is so cuckoo! think will be quite impossible for them to patch up close to the other tiles right? u must make them do something to make up for it! :notti: somemore new place very heart pain

my contractor will be putting up my shower stuff tml/fri. I better remind them!!

The grand excuse, no spare tiles for them to replace?

For that ridiculous screw up, they might as well replace the entire wall of toilet tiles for you? You should really ask for a good discount for that if they are just gonna "patch up properly."

Talking about them makes my blood boil, having to think about my own experience. Just had my shower and I saw my grossly misaligned slanted hook again! Look down and I see gray+white+black grouting on the same black tiles, that's another story.

I had dark gray tiles, using BLACK grouting, looking almost seamless. After chemical wash, bits of it came off, so they patched it back ... using WHITE or LIGHT GREY grouting. Can anyone tell me why..

On the same flooring, certain patches were black, some were white and some mixed ... Called them up to rectify and they insisted that the grouting box says black and it should be black. Great ... I'm hallucinating then.

Anyway, they scrapped off all the white grouting and patched it up with black this time, but for some reason, it's still whitish at certain areas for some reason..

For that ridiculous screw up, they might as well replace the entire wall of toilet tiles for you? You should really ask for a good discount for that if they are just gonna "patch up properly."

Talking about them makes my blood boil, having to think about my own experience. Just had my shower and I saw my grossly misaligned slanted hook again! Look down and I see gray+white+black grouting on the same black tiles, that's another story.

I had dark gray tiles, using BLACK grouting, looking almost seamless. After chemical wash, bits of it came off, so they patched it back ... using WHITE or LIGHT GREY grouting. Can anyone tell me why..

On the same flooring, certain patches were black, some were white and some mixed ... Called them up to rectify and they insisted that the grouting box says black and it should be black. Great ... I'm hallucinating then.

Anyway, they scrapped off all the white grouting and patched it up with black this time, but for some reason, it's still whitish at certain areas for some reason..

I agree with The guy above :notti: ask them " The Contractors " to replace all the tiles if cannot find same tiles lo :rofl:

Legally you have a hold I think my bosses place same thing happen ..

Cuckoo is a right word :rofl: Please Say the Name of the contractor or at Least PM us the name ... Please :rofl:

If the contractor tells you he doesnt have stock, tell him you have some contacts and would gladly sell the same tile to him. just wack him a sky high price and demand that if he cant find stock, he will need to buy from you.

This bed maker of mine, told me the same crap after I placed a deposit. say the fabric I choice no more stock blah blah blah.... and recommended me some other fabric thats "more expensive".... Told him that I can get the fabric and he would have to reduce the price by $35/sqm if I were to provided him with it.... in the end, his boss decided to "specially indent" the fabric just for me.

If this anit a load of bullsh*t, what is?

If the contractor tells you he doesnt have stock, tell him you have some contacts and would gladly sell the same tile to him. just wack him a sky high price and demand that if he cant find stock, he will need to buy from you.

This bed maker of mine, told me the same crap after I placed a deposit. say the fabric I choice no more stock blah blah blah.... and recommended me some other fabric thats "more expensive".... Told him that I can get the fabric and he would have to reduce the price by $35/sqm if I were to provided him with it.... in the end, his boss decided to "specially indent" the fabric just for me.

What can I say? You are GOOD!

That's brilliant! :notti:

I'm adding that to my brains for future use.

If there should be a website on dealing with despicable contractors, this must be in.

Obviously they had your selected fabric stocks for your bedframe, probably under quoted you a little and they tried to pull a fast one by suggesting some "more expensive" alternative. Your response must have stunned the shate out of them. hahahah.

OH ****:rofl:! i had a similar experience!:P did u get your bed from a shop in IMM?! i ordered 2 bedframes in feb 08. As they do not hv the actual bed in their showroom, i ordered based on a picture of the bed which actually has boxy indentations (and paid deposit).

The next day, the boss called me, said the factory in Australia no longer produce the PU leather covers with the boxy indentations, it will be plain. Then gave all kinds of excuses say the indentations will be prone to wear & tear. So, i said alright then and again, he gave me 3 choices of leg stand height - 2, 4 or 6 inches. Told him I'll go for 4 inches. Later, he called again and said the leg stands are fixed at 5-6inches!! N he pacified me to accept blah blah blah...

later on (1-2 weeks ltr), I realised there was a miscalculation and the beds are slightly too big for my new home and called the boss asking if i can change to another bed size. and guess what??? VERY curtly, he said he's not able to help me and I hv to find my own alternative!:bow:! i was so furious!! when he called me to accept those 'compromises', i agreed, but now???? 8|

so now im trying to find a buyer for 1 of the beds (the other one can still fit into the room but will be cramp)