Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohvicc

West Facing Rooms- Very/too Hot?

No experience in living a flat facing the west, but the toilet windows at my current unit is facing the east. No chance to see the morning sun during weekdays as I leave home pretty early for work. But weekends, between 8 to 11am, I can see sunlight coming in from the windows and feel the heat. Although just morning sun, It is still pretty warm.

I still think that a unit facing the E-W direction will be warmer than other units. Well, basically no one can escape the heat wave in S'pore. Unless you shut up all doors/windows, turn on the air-con and stay at home 24 hours :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My previous flat is facing the West and it is so bad that the sun will shine all the way in and covers almost the whole living room, we are like baked in an oven everyday. Sometimes, it gets so bad that we can only hide in a small corner in the kitchen.

And I am practically in a bad mood everyday because I started sweating the moment I woke up. One unforgettable incident was I woke up one night and cried because it was so HOT...the room was still emitting heat even in the night! (that was when I was still in primary sch..hee)

My current flat is MUCH MUCH better...true..given the hot weather in Singapore, everywhere is about the same...I still feel hot but I feel that I can tolerate so much more heat the moment I recall of my nightmare in my previous flat.

We moved because of the HEAT too.

E W facing house, morning got morning sun, afternoon got afternoon sun, if for hdb flat/condo :bangwall::bangwall: means whole day got sun shining,because of the small space, nowhere to hide, for landed still ok can hide in the center of ur house.

Since we wanted to know more, did some websurfing, and found:

http://astro.unl.edu/naap/motion3/animations/sunmotions.swf

Good to see how the sun would move, at different times of the day and different times of the year. Can imagine being in the room and looking at the sun. . .

wow, this tool is very cool. simulates exactly the way my room's facing (NW) and accurate too. got to wait till Sep for cooler days.