Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Here are some pics on how my air con pipes are laid.. For references.. think this is the better way to conceal all the ugly pipes..

nice trunking! :)

Avoid Parasilk. I have a bad experience with them. Bought a gas cooker from them the other time. Before making payment, I asked them about the warranty and they said if got any problem can bring back to them anytime and they will get it fixed for me. Then just merely 2 months the cooker is spoilt and bring it down to them with my receipt & they said the person who sold it to me oready left the company and whatever they sold are all parallel imports & export sets (that's why they can sell so cheap), and there is no such thing as warranty. What they can do is to just help me to send the cooker to their "agent" and I have to pay for all inspection and repair costs. What rubbish!!! Was so pissed off then & I swear to myself that I will not buy anything from them ever again. Stupid Ah XXXs!!!!!

Guess I got to keep my fingers crossed then. Bought TV and microwave oven from them some time back. Was thinking since their outlet (bedok) is conveniently juz behind our estate, thought cld get a few more items there. Guess I got to weight the pros & cons before that.

Anyone had bad experience with Gain City? Saw their price are somewhat cheaper too compared to Courts/Best Denki/Harvey Norman. Similar trading style to Parisilk?

Actually all these limited 10 sets all nonsense one. Just publicity to draw people in. If you ask them for the list of people who bought the sets, they will say all over the place or inside computer can't show you. Actually maybe only 1 or 2 sets. I went to parasil near Bedok Central the sales guy commented that some TVs the price even lower than dealer price, so all nonsense one

Agreed. Spent 1 wasteful day going to Courts Toa Payoh, Tampines Mall & Tampines Megamart when I saw a simliar ad in the newspaper. And the best part is when I asked the salesperson, he told me all the promo sets are snapped-up
the day before

:curse:
Why then the need to advertise in the papers then!

There are a few neighbourhood electrical stores that are selling cheaper than Courts, Harvey Norman, etc. Only difference is that they do not throw in freebies. They all have local warranties. You can google for them. A few of them which I usually use are Ban Kim Chuan, Kong Tai, Katong Mega Discount Store, & Etronin Home Appliances. What you need to do is to give them the model numbers of your seleceted model from Courts, Harvey Norman, etc and they will give you their pricing almost instantenously. Discounts are even as good as $200 off if you pay by cash and with free deliveries for big items.

In fact I think a few of them are being listed in this Renotalk forum. If not, you can also go to the Singaporebrides forum to search for them.

:yamseng:

Does anyone know how to settle the water pressure for the toilet bowl, it's rather low?

I think the MBR one water level is much higher. The one in the common Toilet appear to be lower think but adjusting the control and float may help.

Does anyone know how to settle the water pressure for the toilet bowl, it's rather low?

Tested n proven.. can work.. even the water pressure looks low..its the last suction that is power! mayb u can try? :)

Heard from my friend that he just received letters from HDB to collect the keys for his unit @ Blk 221A on 11th Aug 08. I have not received mine yet. Anyone else has received it? :good:

Nope but our msg on hdb eservice site did change from "projected date 3Q blah blah blah" to "HDB will inform you to get your keys in due course". Excited again hehehe :)

btw frederick / crooked heart, which floor you guys @? 4 or 5 rooms? I 8th floor 4 room.

Hi all, my hubby found this promotion of gas heater & dryer and we're currently evaluating. To me, I find that gas heater tend to generate a higher bill as opposed to those instant heaters. Can we have anyone's thoughts on this? Maybe the advantages and disadvantages in using gas heater?

http://www.citygas.com.sg/combi/index.htm

CityGas raised the price of the package from $668 to S$730. The feasibility of installing gas heater in Linear Green units was discussed in earlier pages.

I opted for a 25 L Joven heater for $230. Hahaha I think that sums up my take on this CityGas gas water heater. :notti:

I opted for a 25 L Joven heater for $230. Hahaha I think that sums up my take on this CityGas gas water heater. :notti:

25L Joven heater selling at 215bucks(Horizontal) and 220bucks(vertical) @ Poh Joo.. 10Yrs leakproof warranty and 1 year internal component(heating element n etc)..

hi all neighbours, i m from blk 219C. Just completed the flooring and the painting (DIY with help of friends) of the house. Need some ideas on the cooker hood, hob, fridge and washing machine.

Edited by happyhouseowner