Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi DSA:

Do you have a picture for this?

Cos my ang mo not so good and dun understand what you mean.... :dunno:

Thanks.

Good for DSA to spot and highlight this....

Seals.jpg

You see, the window when you open out, you can see 3 pieces of black rubber seal, on the top and the two sides. These are there so that when you shut the window during rain, it will seal up the sides and water can't get in.

What DSA pointing out is that ALL the windows don't have bottom seal. I did noticed this too during my check but I ignored it. I figured that the designer thinks gravity would do the job so the bottom don't need seal. (Kind of hard for water to drip along the panel and curl back up)

However, this is just my thoughts, we can wait for DSA reply from the HDB people

Edited by Ideasmiths

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No need picture lah. You see, the window when you open out, you can see 3 pieces of black rubber seal, on the top and the two sides. These are there so that when you shut the window during rain, it will seal up the sides and water can't get in.

What DSA pointing out is that ALL the windows don't have bottom seal. I did noticed this too during my check but I figured that the designer thinks gravity would do the job so the bottom don't need seal. (Kind of hard for water to drip along the panel and curl back up)

However, this is just my thoughts, we can wait for DSA reply from the HDB people

Hi Ideasmiths:

Thanks for your explanation, now I more understand what DSA means.

hehehe.... :yamseng:

Seals.jpg

Using Ideasmiths' pic to illustrate my point: There is no reason that can explain why all casement windows' bottom sashes are not fitted with rubber weather stripping.
Under the effect of gravity, rain water will accumulate at the bottom sash. Without the rubber weather stripping, rainwater can and will seep through and enter the inner sill. To achieve a good seal against water, all sashes of the aluminium frame which encase the glass panel and sills which form the window frame must be fitted with durable rubber weather stripping. I believe Ideasmiths' immense experience with Super Puma's water proofing can verify my conjecture. Edited by DSA

Big Orange, i've gotten my keys! Pls bold my nick. Thks!

Well, am so disappointed with my bay window.. i have to tip-toe in order to sit by the bay, am i am not exactly short.. haha.. so one solution is to build a platform in my MBR but that wld incur more $$$..

And i'm changing my MBR bathroom door too! Ideasmiths, that wkend door bazaar is a good idea! :good:

As for reporting defects, the HDB officer told me it is strongly advised that we report within 7 days, but not compulsory. Funnie thing is i cant find any defects with my hse, maybe i was too excited to be observant enough on the other day. Guess have to check again this wkend..

Well, am so disappointed with my bay window.. i have to tip-toe in order to sit by the bay, am i am not exactly short.. haha.. so one solution is to build a platform in my MBR but that wld incur more $$$..

And i'm changing my MBR bathroom door too! Ideasmiths, that wkend door bazaar is a good idea! :good:

As for reporting defects, the HDB officer told me it is strongly advised that we report within 7 days, but not compulsory. Funnie thing is i cant find any defects with my hse, maybe i was too excited to be observant enough on the other day. Guess have to check again this wkend..

Felt a bit angry with the 7 days rule. Because nobody told us in 1st appointment. If people didn't have time and collect keys on 2nd appointment how? Plus lucky I do the open door ceremony on keys collection day, if other people got to wait for FS, delay here, delay there. Not enough time....

My problem now is that the defects I reported not completed yet (the bomb shelter door especially), and my dong tou ceremony coming as I wanted ID to start work fast (4 to 6 weeks completion, plus 1-2 week for defects rectification....just pass ghost month)...then how? Start my reno and if missed some defects also bad....

Okie back to the positive

----------------------------

1) Find a door installation company, sell him x numbers of door for $y dollar. How much are we willing to selll? That will solve all the problem, one time collect all doors and they collect it. I got a mind to sell it back to the HDB contractor, because they then don't need to buy more, or can repair other units with defective doors, or use for next project.

2) Hold garade sale, but must arrange door transporter, installers etc. This method whose door get sold first?

so my idea is, those whoever are changing door(s), just ask your new door contractor/ID if they want x number of doors cheap. lol, like the show apprentice....clinch group deal easier.

The rest, if you 'thinking' of changing door, keep at back of mind how many doors to contribute. If we find a lobang, we open a thread to consolidate 'who want to sell door' project.

PS: Who is our HDB door contrator?

Edited by Ideasmiths

For your easy reference

Defect List Couresty of Diva79 previously provided by DSA

Big Orange for benefit of pple taking key perharps can have this link on the front page for easy reference

Done, pal!

Done, pal!

Hi guys. I've got a question.

Which location are you going to put your curtains for your living room? I can't decide :(

From what I see there are two locations to install curtain track:

1) underneath the beam at the windows. This will result in the curtains being closer to the windows. The curtain length would be shorter too.

2) On the ceiling. The curtain will be longer but the curtain will be further away from the windows.

ANyone care to share on their curtain set ups?

What if the date given to us to collect keys is during 7th month? And we wanna open our door on an auspicious date? Does this mean we don't have a choice but still to open within the 7 days?

Hi guys. I've got a question.

Which location are you going to put your curtains for your living room? I can't decide :(

From what I see there are two locations to install curtain track:

1) underneath the beam at the windows. This will result in the curtains being closer to the windows. The curtain length would be shorter too.

2) On the ceiling. The curtain will be longer but the curtain will be further away from the windows.

ANyone care to share on their curtain set ups?

Hi Tyrix,

I am installing my curtain thread on the ceiling. My ID has also build a false wall slightly in front of the beam so that we can conceal the thread.

What if the date given to us to collect keys is during 7th month? And we wanna open our door on an auspicious date? Does this mean we don't have a choice but still to open within the 7 days?

Good point cacky but I have a feeling that it will be earlier than that. Hopefully lah, meanwhile get ready your auspicious items loh. Heard from a friend "ong lye" should be the first to enter the house. Ritual is to roll it in and shout "huat ah". I had one but ate it last week before it becomes bad :)

Hi guys n ladies,

went to Poh Joo at jalan besar and bought most of my hardware stuffs, Hob and Hood and storage heater from them.. cos their price is gd. I did a comparsion btw Goh Ah Bee, Eunos Warehouse, Sim Siang Choon.. Poh Joo definately had the edge..

Highly recommended is their Hob and Hood Package.. 500 plus with free micro Oven.. veri worth it man.. can't find it at other shops i guess.. if u all are keen.. can go n visit them.. they are highly recommended in the forum oso..

bot fridge and washing machine (both toshiba) from GAB.. price ok la.. cheaper den courts, HN, BEST for sure.. :)

As for the bathroom door... there r 2 suggestions..

1) if can sell the door.. gd.. so can get some cash back..

2) if cannot sell, keep it for future usage.. if other doors spolit.. of cos. its pointless.. but LL no choice la if cannot sell.. haha

Edited by yokoyoko

hi yokoyoko:

Yes, I am changing mine to a fold door.

But proudly sponsor by my ID.... :thumbs up:

So dun know how much it cost.

Then i going to remove the lock from the wooden door and keep it as spare.... :P

wow.. free door.. gd gd... but my ID give me free window..haha ....trying to squeeze them on the folding door nw.. a bit hard... argh... haha

I was thinking of changing my bathroom door too. Saw a brochure selling our type of doors for around $100+????

for your reference... I was told by Tau Interior that the doors HDB installed for our units cost about $400+ each and the main door cost at least $1200.

for your reference... I was told by Tau Interior that the doors HDB installed for our units cost about $400+ each and the main door cost at least $1200.

on brochure that is. That price tag is inclusive of men delivering the door and installing it, in brand new condition.

Good point cacky but I have a feeling that it will be earlier than that. Hopefully lah, meanwhile get ready your auspicious items loh. Heard from a friend "ong lye" should be the first to enter the house. Ritual is to roll it in and shout "huat ah". I had one but ate it last week before it becomes bad :)

you should be able to change the key collection date to a furthe date if you dun wana open door during the 7th month which i dun wana do so too.

as for the defects checking think someone already mention that the defects should be reported 7 days after keys collection or anytime before the renovation starts right?