Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:bath: Was trying to get to Philips Sales this afternoon but it rained, can't bring my boy boy there so ended up at courts.

not too bad, bought a Samsung Fridge 2 RS20NRSV (510L) 2 vertical door type for $799 (2 years parts and labour, 5 years compressor), and comes with $50 NTUC voucher plus one gift (oven/DVD player etc). Also got myself a Samsung Washing machine. Almost bought a Samsung LCD too but decided to wait for the Comdex next thursday.

Well, my furniture event with Mesin may turn out to be okay....their supplier called up and we went down to deal, placed a $100 deposits and they will deliver the furnitures we ordered, then we pay the rest of the balance. At least something here :yamseng: , better than total lost (Mesin closed down and run away with all the customers' money 8| ), or go to small claims.

Also doing my window grills for $1300 for the 4 room flat, all the windows/grills. Seem quite reasonable

Edited by Ideasmiths

just want to ask anyone, should I register the name of my maid with HDB as a dweller of my flat?

tks!

What a rainy day,,,, me and my HTB went to our house in the afternoon again.... hehehe...

2nd round of inspection and taking down measurement b4 proceeding to IKEA.... :sport-smiley-018:

Hmmmm.... i guess i miss the sales U guys mentioned... mayb have to wait for another sales lor... :P

Btw, any1 having Open House again??? :P

just want to ask anyone, should I register the name of my maid with HDB as a dweller of my flat?

tks!

Hi, you mean 'occupant' right?

Because when you take in your maid, you would have lodge the details at MOM, where she work, stay etc. So IMHO no need.

Hi, you mean 'occupant' right?

Because when you take in your maid, you would have lodge the details at MOM, where she work, stay etc. So IMHO no need.

tks, confirmed my other friend as well.

yeah! my new CSM called... Hopefully BO will get his key soon.

New CSM? Haha good luck to you bro :)

I read/heard from somewhere that Bright House Lightings is having a warehouse sale now. Anyone can confirm? Cant find the info anywhere.

Bright House Lighting Pte Ltd

15 Defu Ave 1 #02-01 Singapore 539538

Hi All,

I collected my keys last month.

I am staying at Blk 221c LG.

Nice to meet ya all...

:sport-smiley-003:

Welcome Kelv, nice to see someone from the same blk too, cya ard!

Okay, for all Bedok newcomers, do not use Hazel from *****.....because of the poor handling of the renovation work of my unit (see the issue of the kitchen sink thingie). I have no beef with *****, but I think this junior desinger cannot make it.

Design skill - 6/10 (it's supposed to be design, then build, not on day to build..oops cannot fit here, cannot fit there, nevermind anyhow build. Later owner say WRONG, nevermind lah, it's designed, it's like that one, cannot change...blah blah blah). 3 incidents, the kitchen, the bookshelf, the fridge base all show lack of detailed design skills.

3D graphic skill - 8/10 (that's her forte)...can show you nice nice drawings, unfortunately it's not my flat, I can see it's was a recycled or default showpiece.

Operation skill - 6/10

Defects checking skill - 0/10 (I do all the work)...an ID if looked at the finished work should be able to spot any improper mistakes immediately, not wait till the owner spot it for you then ask contractor to rectify. This already shows a bo chap attitude, build mistrust.

Rectification skill - 3/10...everything also cannot..

This latest issue is my bookshelf, which I thought is one of the safest thing to do...but just to share with people here.

1) This is the pocket space in our study room (room 2)

Recoveredpocket1.jpg

and here is the HDB drawing

I asked her to put the bookshelf in the space as shown in this drawing. This was discussed in the first week during design phase (back in 2nd week of July)

This is the actual location of the completed bookshelf, done on day around early August. Because of 'no' design, on the day she and the carpenters 'realised' that the bookshelf cannot be 'flat' when inside the space (don't know what that means), so she made the decision to built it flush to the outer wall. This leaves an empty pocket inside which is about 30 cm deep (ie one ruler) and 1.8m high. I asked her why if she realised cannot built, how come she didn't see it during the design phase? Then on the spot she didn't even ask me for the variation and made the decision herself to waste some space for me. She gave the usual 'blah blah...trust the designer lah...lots of experience lah, crap excuse)

3.png

IMG_0006.jpg

After discussion (and arguing many many times with wifee, I decided to shift to this location. This is because we paid for that 'space' and by 'design' (i'll update the picture later), the upper cupboard opens and bang into the wall. She says very difficult to change lah...I insist, she says expensive lah....I insist, finally she say must pay $250 to get the worker and the laminates. I told her go ahead....but I will be talking her boss.

Bank.jpg

Finally got it rectified

ShiftedBookshelf.jpg

Edited by Ideasmiths

Okay, for all Bedok newcomers, do not use Hazel from *****.....because of the poor handling of the renovation work of my unit (see the issue of the kitchen sink thingie). I have no beef with *****, but I think this junior desinger cannot make it.

After discussion (and arguing many many times with wifee, I decided to shift to this location. This is because we paid for that 'space' and by 'design' (i'll update the picture later), the upper cupboard opens and bang into the wall.

Ya.. saw the bookshelf.. the ID realli cmi.. built a book shelf that will hit the wall when u open.. is kinda of :curse: ..

Good luck pal.. :)

Ya.. saw the bookshelf.. the ID realli cmi.. built a book shelf that will hit the wall when u open.. is kinda of :curse: ..

Good luck pal.. :)

:dancingqueen: liao, my wife just pointed out something which I totally missed...

Here is a learning lesson for others to follow:

Regards the cement based for the fridge, looking at the item all the while I thought it is okay...nicely build. Except, I think my fridge will be unsupported.

What happens is that the completed solid top table, is protruding out a bit, my camera can't take the full vertical view showing the base and the top, so got to draw a bit. As you can see, the side of the fridge maximum can only lean against the side of the solid top table, so basically there is a big area where the cement base is useless.

Worst, because the support legs of the fridge are equidistance from the center of the fridge, and then the outer body of the fridge is further 'out' from the support. This could means that 2 of left support could be hanging in mid air :dancingqueen:

Sigh, tomorrow must call that Hazel again and ask her to extend the cement base left.

1.jpg

Another note: When you select the fridge, make sure the door don't bang against something when open. Because you may need to swing the door wide (especially the right side in my case), for you to put in and take out stuff. If there is a tabletop in the way or you push the fridge too far in, got problem.

Edited by Ideasmiths