Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Thanks for your sound reasoning. Anybody has anything on the Samsung model? Cos from what I heard from the sellers, the Samsung one is even better than the Sony Bravia because with the high definition DVB-Terrestrial tuner now conveniently built into LA40A650A1M, the LCD TV can receive high definition terrestrial broadcasts without a set top box, complicated wiring or extra power. Picture quality is also optimised with the integrated tuner. The external set top box cost $299 & Sony Bravia does not have this feature too.

However, wonder if anyone really have seen or is using this set for comments.

:dunno:

Gotten my Samsung LA40650A1M @ $2399 with 5 years' BEST DENKI warranty, $400 Robinson voucher, HDMI cable with either a Samsung Blu ray or a HTS @ Comex. Not sure which 2 choose. Any advice on to take the Blu ray or the HTS?

Edited by frederick_chia

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Gotten my Samsung LA40650A1M @ $2399 with 5 years' BEST DENKI warranty, $400 Robinson voucher, HDMI cable with either a Samsung Blu ray or a HTS @ Comex. Not sure which 2 choose. Any advice on to take the Blu ray or the HTS?

My opinion is to take the blu ray as the format has seemingly won the HD war.

Anyway, anyone has experience with bargaincity? Their deals are reasonable :)

Btw, I bought my 3 seater sofa (car leather) with ottomen, dining and coffee table for slightly less than 2 k at Kings furnishing. Worth a visit @ 55 Jalan Pemimpin.

http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/

Take the HTS. PS3 is the cheapest and firmware upgradable Blu-ray player on the market right now :notti:

r u a home-movie hardcore type of person? veri demanding on graphic quality? willingly to spend more on that aspect?

if not the set will collect dust if u don use it much.. IMO, take HTS.. i will opt for that.. :)

Edited by yokoyoko

r u a home-movie hardcore type of person? veri demanding on graphic quality? willingly to spend more on that aspect?

if not the set will collect dust if u don use it much.. IMO, take HTS.. i will opt for that.. :)

Ya loh. really depend what u want loh. U want chicken, then dun buy duck rice loh. haha..

PieKia.jpg

Funny shop which sell pie at Tampine Century Sq

Who says Singaporean not creative? ha ha, Acutually long long long long long time ago if I had the capital i would have set up food stalls with the name "Shou Pian" aka "Whatever....anything" (like that drinks can who stole my idea)....because since young everytime my mum asked me what to buy for lunch (for me), we will reply 'shou pian lar'....

95% going to buy the Panasonic V80 or V8 42inch Plasma TV. Mega selling at $1499 for V80 (after deducting all freebies), and HN selling $1599 V8 (with $200 NTUC vouchers I believe). Heard they have a few more units left so after comex still can get at that price.

I did a bit of research and plasma better than LCD in terms of motion based movies (0.001 m/sec plasma vs 4 ms LCD). HD ready is sufficient for now as there is limited signal source for Full HD unless you are buying 'chicken' as per Big Orange. I can't afford blue ray player so don't even want to talk about blue ray movies. 5 years later when the Full HD signals are here I'll upgrade or somehting.

Actually it is all about resolution for TV. i think our HD contents for channel 5 or 8 is actually 1080i .. which is no true 1080. 1080 and 1080i got differences loh.

A HD ready (1280 or 1366 X 768) is actually capable of doing 1080i.

That is a reason why u watch TV HD content such as channel 5 or 8. u will hardly see the differences. However if u watch REAL 1080 movie. u will see the differences loh.

I like panasonic too. but yesterday went and see LG.. quite tempted also. Another thingy u guys must take note hor..

42inch doesn't mean it the same for all brand. u must see resolution. Some are 1366x768, some are 1280 x 768). I find that 1280x768 image is "smaller" than 1366x768.

Ok.. it getting technical.. u guys go TAMPINES Century Sq's best denki and see their plasma.. then u know what i mean...

Thanks.

Edited by big orange

Big_Orange, DVD is 720p if not wrong, then need to upsize to 1080i or 1080p. so if watching only max DVD quality films, will HD-Ready and Full-HD show any difference?

Big_Orange, DVD is 720p if not wrong, then need to upsize to 1080i or 1080p. so if watching only max DVD quality films, will HD-Ready and Full-HD show any difference?

I think u mistaken. DVD only 720× 480 (NTSC)

However i think there is such thing call upscaler .. to make 480 to 720.. (think so)

When we talk about 720p we mean the behind number which in DVD is 480 loh.

U watch DVD quality on HD ready and Full HD should not have any differences.

As for Blu Ray HD movie hor.. 720 and 1080 all is consider HD loh. The Ideal is 1 to 1 mapping of source to screen.

Edited by big orange

I can't afford blue ray player so don't even want to talk about blue ray movies. 5 years later when the Full HD signals are here I'll upgrade or somehting.
Heh, I think you are being modest, Ryan. I believe u can well afford the current best Blu Ray player in the market. The other part of the equation is the price of Blu Ray Discs which are hovering at S$45 & above locally. However, you can get them cheaper from Amazon & other US online DVD merchants. Edited by DSA

Hey guys, am seriously considering irobots, roomba and scooba. The first one vacuums and the second one mop (lazy me :dancingqueen: )...should be getting and shipping them from the states as they are cheaper.

Anyone has experience with any of these robots?

Hey guys, am seriously considering irobots, roomba and scooba. The first one vacuums and the second one mop (lazy me :dancingqueen: )...should be getting and shipping them from the states as they are cheaper.

From what I heard from my ex-colleague, if you have carpets or rugs @ home, it gets 'choked' very easily.

hi ryan:

hope your boy boy wont mistook it as a robot and play with it... :notti: