Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Anyone's unit already has lights installed at the 2 lighting points S1 S2 in the living room as indicated on the electrical service layout plan?

There's one set next to the main door, the other set on the exterior wall of bedroom 1. I've discovered that the two sets of switches work in opposing manner - at any one time, the two sets of switches are in opposite state.

From the electrical service layout plan, these 2 sets of switches are 6A 2 Way 2 Gang.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
aiya tot u hve dog cos' u said "another dog lover" :)

when u getting keys ? wanna my contractor ? he is very responsible & honest! feel very relieved & stress free ...

LG got a lot of dog lover!!! ya.. do pm ur contractor!!

Ok.. sounds reasonable.. currently using Maybank Isavvy account and Time deposit.. that time interest is one of the best.. now it dipped.. so looking ard to c gt better options.. will go n check it out.. thanks :)

Well there is a few card to consider

Everyday card earn rebate when you charge your sp bilss

ABN switch card rebate when take taxi pay upfrt but rtn as rebate next mth -best of all no annual fee

Fairprice plus- good insterest - linkpoint

NTUC Plus card - linkpoint and comes with a OCBC starter account.

M1 citibank card - M1 bills rebate

UOB card - Singtel bills rebate

i am new here.. my renov is still gg on at blk 219B

welcome dogslover and the rest :)

Anyone's unit already has lights installed at the 2 lighting points S1 S2 in the living room as indicated on the electrical service layout plan?

There's one set next to the main door, the other set on the exterior wall of bedroom 1. I've discovered that the two sets of switches work in opposing manner - at any one time, the two sets of switches are in opposite state.

From the electrical service layout plan, these 2 sets of switches are 6A 2 Way 2 Gang.

it seem to be that way, i just leave it that is some configuration thingy

Choosing my TV...maybe at this comdex

I read through the thread on LCD vs Plasma and got a few questions for those who know more B-)

a) Do we really need Full HD? Given that I am not frequently going to watch blue ray, HDDVD or even most channels not Full HD yet...anybody using those HD Ready sets got any comments?

b) Plasma I can see it's much better than LCD, in terms on contrast and response time. Anyone using LCD TV and has experience with bad stuff like bluring images during actions such as sports, can't see this or that? I got this "fact or fiction" between plasma and LCD from pioneer webby

c) Anyone went to comdex and found a good deal? I Saw

1) JVC, the super slim LCD LT-42S90 for $2099 and one of my top choice is

2) Sharp Aquos LC-42A83M for $2599

d) Any truth to those 100Hz, 120Hz thing?

Thanks

Edited by Ideasmiths

My main contracttor : Sun Design

look for Derrick Chau ... 93864498.

thanks for sharing

I read through the thread on LCD vs Plasma and got a few questions for those who know more B-)

layman term from BO.

Plasma is more smooth in term of pictue quality loh. LCD more pixeled.

But if you watch HD DVD, then either one is good loh.

But if u watch channel5, 8 hor.. u notice plasma is better loh. more to your CRT quality.

Seriously, if base on chn5, 8.. CRT win LCD and plasma loh. however plasma more close to CRT technology.

:)

LG plasma PG20R - $1699 with 300 ntuc voucher + 1 handphone. 42inch tv, 3yr warranty n free wall mount! very good buy. it is like 1399 for 42inch!

brought to u live @ comex 2008!

Anybody has any comments about this Samsung LCD FULL HD IDTV LA40A650A1M? This is selling @ a neighbourhood store @ $2500 (after GST) and Mega Discount Store @ $2399 (after GST). It also comes with either a Samsung Blu-ray or a HTS. Comex is selling the non IDTV version LA40A650A1R @ $2499 with the same free gifts. My second option is the Sony Bravia KLV-40V400A, selling @ $2499 @ Comex with a $400 Isetan voucher & additional free gift.

Not too sure which one to choose... :dunno:

Edited by frederick_chia

thanks for sharing

layman term from BO.

Plasma is more smooth in term of pictue quality loh. LCD more pixeled.

But if you watch HD DVD, then either one is good loh.

But if u watch channel5, 8 hor.. u notice plasma is better loh. more to your CRT quality.

Seriously, if base on chn5, 8.. CRT win LCD and plasma loh. however plasma more close to CRT technology.

:)

Which ever you choose dont forget to apply for TV Licience https://mdaonline.mda.gov.sg/ for your easy access :)

Anybody has any comments about this Samsung LCD FULL HD IDTV LA40A650A1M? This is selling @ a neighbourhood store @ $2500 (after GST) and Mega Discount Store @ $2399 (after GST). It also comes with either a Samsung Blu-ray or a HTS. Comex is selling the non IDTV version LA40A650A1R @ $2499 with the same free gifts. My second option is the Sony Bravia KLV-40V400A, selling @ $2499 @ Comex with a $400 Isetan voucher & additional free gift.

Not too sure which one to choose... :dunno:

Hi Frederick,

I bought a Sony Bravia 40 inch S Series Full HD yesterday at Comex level 3.

I got it at $2299 with $300 Isetan voucher, additional $250 NTUC voucher, free bracket, 2 HDMI cable, 3+2 years warranty and installation free.

For sony bravia, if you are looking for V series, you may wish to consider S series as well, as the specification difference is only the Media Port and different design of the LCD. If you want to purchase the V series, you may want to top up additional $100, equal to $2599 for Bravia W series which has a 10 bit panel (higher resolution, V & S Bravia Series using 8 bit panel).

Just my 3 cents....

Hi Frederick,

I bought a Sony Bravia 40 inch S Series Full HD yesterday at Comex level 3.

I got it at $2299 with $300 Isetan voucher, additional $250 NTUC voucher, free bracket, 2 HDMI cable, 3+2 years warranty and installation free.

For sony bravia, if you are looking for V series, you may wish to consider S series as well, as the specification difference is only the Media Port and different design of the LCD. If you want to purchase the V series, you may want to top up additional $100, equal to $2599 for Bravia W series which has a 10 bit panel (higher resolution, V & S Bravia Series using 8 bit panel).

Just my 3 cents....

Thanks for your sound reasoning. Anybody has anything on the Samsung model? Cos from what I heard from the sellers, the Samsung one is even better than the Sony Bravia because with the high definition DVB-Terrestrial tuner now conveniently built into LA40A650A1M, the LCD TV can receive high definition terrestrial broadcasts without a set top box, complicated wiring or extra power. Picture quality is also optimised with the integrated tuner. The external set top box cost $299 & Sony Bravia does not have this feature too.

However, wonder if anyone really have seen or is using this set for comments.

:dunno:

Edited by frederick_chia

Thanks for your sound reasoning. Anybody has anything on the Samsung model? Cos from what I heard from the sellers, the Samsung one is even better than the Sony Bravia because with the high definition DVB-Terrestrial tuner now conveniently built into LA40A650A1M, the LCD TV can receive high definition terrestrial broadcasts without a set top box, complicated wiring or extra power. Picture quality is also optimised with the integrated tuner. The external set top box cost $299 & Sony Bravia does not have this feature too.

However, wonder if anyone really have seen or is using this set for comments.

:dunno:

Actually IMO, since you decide on LCD - Samsung will have price advantage compare to SONY.

I believe Samsung sourcing can source for cheaper components. I will take a Samsung.

Edited by big orange

comex over!!

Those who miss this chance to get TV.

Get ur cash ready for Nov SITEX@Expo!

haha think just in time for me to buy my TV... expo nearer to home some more.. haha

:yamseng:

a) Do we really need Full HD? Given that I am not frequently going to watch blue ray, HDDVD or even most channels not Full HD yet...anybody using those HD Ready sets got any comments?

b) Plasma I can see it's much better than LCD, in terms on contrast and response time. Anyone using LCD TV and has experience with bad stuff like bluring images during actions such as sports, can't see this or that? I got this "fact or fiction" between plasma and LCD from pioneer webby

c) Anyone went to comdex and found a good deal? I Saw

1) JVC, the super slim LCD LT-42S90 for $2099 and one of my top choice is

2) Sharp Aquos LC-42A83M for $2599

d) Any truth to those 100Hz, 120Hz thing?

Thanks

For part a, forget read from where, if ur TV less than 50 inches, cant see diff between full and HD ready.. not sure really true a not..