Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Bo:

As promise, here is my instant heater picture, as for the loose wired, my ID is going to box up this coming sat. :yamseng:

Do you need to do some adjustment or alteration to the bottom portion?

Hiazzzz.... Electricty Bill up by 21% :furious:

I guess I've to listen to my HTB to install Instant Heater iso Storage Heater....

Me dun want to be like DSA - wait n wait oso no Hot Water... (Buay Tahan)

Do you need to do some adjustment or alteration to the bottom portion?

Hi herbman76, nope, to my knowledge, we do not do any adjustment nor alteration. :unsure:

Going for IWH is the right choice: saves electricity, saves water. Unless, there are two or more persons showering with hot water at the same time and you want to wash your hands in hot water, perhaps SWH might save u some money.

Here's a funny episode of my post-moving experience: After living in my new place for more than a month, I feel a sense of déjà vu! Then it hit me - I have experienced & lived in this environment before...... Twelve years ago! The floor tiles, the layout, even the close proximity of the opposite units all have a very familiar feel to them.

Woah, did SIC recycle an ancient design & chose similar material to build Linear Green?!?! And from the most ulu, 鸟不生蛋 places of all: Jalan Bahar Jungle School! And those buildings were likely to be built in 1993! Even the colour of facade & interior is strikingly similar = no wonder I felt I was like living on campus.....again!

Oh well, maybe my mind is exhausted from all the moving, cleaning & more cleaning, hence it's going mental. U know how some experience PTSD sometimes...... Yes, moving out from old place to new place can be traumatic. It's a bloody nightmare! And I live to tell the tale here.

Edited by DSA

Hi, my very first post.

Am at 221A, and renovations have been delayed and making me so stressed out.

1) Pending screeding from HDB - any idea how long would that take?

2) Pending HDB's approval to hack some bits of the wall - PE submission all done.

Hi herbman76, nope, to my knowledge, we do not do any adjustment nor alteration. :unsure:

I think what herbman is asking -

whether your instant heater outlet is link to the "red dot" piping or directly connected to the shower rain. It seem from your photo, that your instant heater pipe outlet is connected to the shower rain pipe directly and not thru the HDB routed conceal pipe.

Am i getting too technical here?

Blurer or anyone can shed more lights?

As in.. can i use HDB pre-routed water way for instant heater?

Thanks!

Take a good look at the red, blue & black tapes adhered on the wall tiles. The clue is glaringly obvious.

It'd be good that flat owners probe & ask all the ground workers who performs the installation of fittings & fixtures. It's a good chance to learn & pick very useful DIY home maintenance tips and their relative costings info from them. Will come in useful in the future!

Edited by DSA

I am used to instant water heaters = Switch power on, go into bathroom, turn on water heater, turn water knob, I get to enjoy hot shower.

And now, I switch on power, it's waiting waiting waiting waiting, turn on tap, still COLD water!

DSA, don't worry, you will get use to it one day. I am like u 3 years ago when I first switch to storage. Now, use to it already, always remember the first thing I step into my house is to switch on the heater and after 15 mins, it is ready for you to use. Just a matter of getting use to it :D

Eh...... tot u are on holiday in overseas?! I think our water is rather cold leh. That's why the SWH doesn't work as well as it should..

Joven claims its SWH takes 20 mins to heat 25L of water from 27°C to 65°C. Here lies the issue: How cold is the cold water in our Linear Purple units. Is the water from your tap cold? I believe it's more like 18°C - 20°C. Thus, it takes far more than 20 mins to heat up the entire barrel of 20°C water!

Orh, now must re-learn some new habits: old dogs learn new habits = difficult leh. I think I will do some cleaning while the SWH gets hawt.

Btw, how do u clean your floor tiles and keep them clean? My soles are darkened by soot/dirt/whatever by the time I walked to my bedroom from the main door. Really wonder where the soot comes from?! Must be from the vehicles......

Edited by DSA

whether your instant heater outlet is link to the "red dot" piping or directly connected to the shower rain. It seem from your photo, that your instant heater pipe outlet is connected to the shower rain pipe directly and not thru the HDB routed conceal pipe.

Thanks!

i am getting blurist liao... :unsure:

nm later i go my home and take a full picture, hope it will solve the mystery :notti:

Edited by blurer23

i am getting blurist liao... :unsure:

nm later i go my home and take a full picture, hope it will solve the mystery :notti:

You are helpful! :D

Hi, my very first post.

Welcome dear LG!!!! :)

You are the 61st members. I added you to the family tree on post #1.

hmmm.. what happened to the HDB supplied shower head? :)

Thanks!

err .. nope not really :) just wondering how was the tap was altered :) nvm will wait for the full picture :)