Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Do we need to call them to on our television signal?

thought it should be automatically activated? :(

Yesterday I tested my TV, yes it's working with the cable plug into the SCV point. Can receive TV signal as normal.

It's the Maxonline home broadband that is giving pain. Now I am talking with the HDB and asking the HDB to talk with Starhub. Seems like they don't know their stuff well. Starhub told HDB that they will come down FOC to activate the signal, but I think they are referring to the signal strength checking. If signal strength is already checked and OK, why don't they just turn it ON instead of holding it ransom.

Wireless speed is not good, and I don't want something extra growing on my body 10yrs down the road, so I am sticking to cable solution.

I believe if more people call in to HDB to ask them to turn ON the internet cable signal, they will oblige eventually, sooner.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I just completed my cement screed (aka smooth floor rendering). Bring your application letter provided by HDB and go to the branch office at Blk 201A level 2. HDB say the process will take 3-4 weeks. Mine finished in 3 weeks.

Im also waiting for the HDB approval after PE submission. After this my reno works will start.

So long!? Thankfully I made **** lot of noise to my ID/contractors and they're doing it for me for free.

PE Submission wld take about 3-4 working days.

Finally.. I should be seeing some headstart in my reno process.

Renovation is sucha nerve-wrecking thing to do!

So long!? Thankfully I made **** lot of noise to my ID/contractors and they're doing it for me for free.

PE Submission wld take about 3-4 working days.

Finally.. I should be seeing some headstart in my reno process.

especially on the 'expect the unexpected'

wah, is it really true? stupid **** loh, i really dun see why there is a need for us to choose whether we wana park at 219 or 220. all still in the same area. should get a proper explaination from teh bedok council.

Not to forget that Sunday parking is not free. That would deter a lot of visitors. No choice lah, stay at central mah.

Edited by isc90152

On the contrary, my hubby and i are pretty much enjoying the process of our reno!

I think our reno may be completed way ahead of time! really gotta thank our ID for doing such a good job!

On the contrary, my hubby and i are pretty much enjoying the process of our reno!

I think our reno may be completed way ahead of time! really gotta thank our ID for doing such a good job!

hehe,you are one of the few fortunate ones lah :D , no major hiccupps for reno, but i think there is bound to have some minor hiccupps for reno ba, we all learn from the process, as long as it is not too major and nerve wrecking, i feel give and take a bit will do..

but as sheppy mention there is really some cases of very good and no problem reno done up....all depends on good communications ba.

Tips for those which want to know whether can they received the SCV signal:

From Starhub to me:

Please also check that your new premises have cable point andverify if it could receive cable signal by connecting your TV to the cable point and check if you are able to receive the StarHub testpattern page at UHF 743.25 MHz.

I am going to transfer my scv this weekend :notti:

Glad that your reno is sooo smooth :thumbs up:

Although we had visit your ID but my wife and I still feel more comfortable with our current ID, furthermore the quotes is much cheaper less :notti:

Hi snowman, notice that you are buying Serta mattress. Is it true that they just raised their prices?

ty

Im not too sure if they are going to raise price. I got mine from IMM, can recommend you the saleperson who gave me a best price. I really like the cushion top with latex mid layer, highly recommende. I also bargain from him 2 freebies. PM me if you want his contact.

so which paper you had read from?

I read from "Shin Min Daily News - 新明日报"

That aunty said she is approached by those contractors sitting around the void deck.

Made her pay 12K for the renovation loan, promised her will deliver the house in Aug but keep delay. :dunno:

Got take pixs of her house leh... (I think ground floor coz I can see lamp-post and tree)

Im not too sure if they are going to raise price. I got mine from IMM, can recommend you the saleperson who gave me a best price. I really like the cushion top with latex mid layer, highly recommende. I also bargain from him 2 freebies. PM me if you want his contact.

Is it Joel or the uncle? Thanks but I already got mine from Marina square.

need to check with the LGians, i just check my house and found there is crack line on my ceiling at the living room, should i feedback it to the BSC, will they do anything, i have not started my reno and have not submit my defects list to them.

sorry image a bit BIG

06102008574.jpg

and also saw this broken block sign at my block, wonder if it is gona ba fixed up..... :dunno:

06102008586.jpg

Edited by darcbleu

need to check with the LGians, i just check my house and found there is crack line on my ceiling at the living room, should i feedback it to the BSC, will they do anything, i have not started my reno and have not submit my defects list to them.

sorry image a bit BIG

and also saw this broken block sign at my block, wonder if it is gona ba fixed up..... :dunno:

you should report any crack lines on your walls... get BSC to patch them up...

while you are there, you can highlight the damage to the block sign as well yah ;)

Yesterday I tested my TV, yes it's working with the cable plug into the SCV point. Can receive TV signal as normal.
Check your TV's display of the okto channel: If there are wavy lines on the screen, it means your TV is leeching signal from the aerial antenna, & not from Starhub coaxial network, which means Starhub has not turned on the signal for your block.

today just saw a new way to hang clothes , hahahahaha

omg , never thought of it .

for those still renovating , take your time, early move in means , dust n noise.