Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

OK...But which one is for which switch? Did u keep both switches "always on"?

Hi, do you mean to say you constructed a shallow kerb between" the dining area & the kitchen, ie, something like our walkway to the toilet?

i thing the one you use most can on the one less can off it??

But wouldn't it look weird for the service yard one to be sticking out of nowhere?

well i guess that it will be block my my washing machine hee hee.. that will be a pt for washing machine outlet...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

snowman it's abit late since u had already lay your living rm floor tiles. But since you are doing a bartop counter there, then the slope wouldn't be that obvious. It is possible to minimise by slope difference by wet laying the tiles, but it will not 100% get rid of it. And it's very difficult to do, need good Kungfu. Another way is to make a low curb (~1 tile height) on the intersection, that will make it totally not obvious.

Question.... Anyone knows where in our neighbourhood is selling Lacquer? (for painting wood). Not spray type, I'm looking for painting type. thanks.

Ya, I have check with a few shops and confirmed Toshiba brand both fan coil and condenser are make and assemble in Japan, while Mitsubishi make in Japan but assemble in Malaysia.So, we get the Toshiba inverter and going to install next Tuesday.

Hi... Thanks! That what I think also.

So far that's the only place i know of. I'll share the info when I find out more :)

Hi.... I have went down to Light Craft and found that the LED light is not cheap. There are total 3 sizes and the big one cost around $300 and the small one cost around $60.00. I am now thinking of getting only the small one for my consol display.

Oh no....my ID or tiler did not tell me anything like that too. But I think I might have the same issue with you when I try to connect the living/dinner area floor tile to the kitchen floor tile (which I'm overlaying too). Can anyone who has completed this area of reno advise?

Thanks.

To : Applegirl, Federick and Snowman

It seems like all of us having the same problem. I came to realise this when i saw your posting.

Anyone knows where in our neighbourhood is selling Lacquer? (for painting wood). Not spray type, I'm looking for painting type. thanks.
Call Colorland Paint Centre Pte Ltd

Blk 202 Bedok Nth St 1 #01-487 Singapore 460202

Tel : 6443 0523

Source: www.YellowPages.com.sg

Lacquering your doors ah? Nice. I've seen one unit with lacquered doors = SWEE!

Edited by DSA

To : Applegirl, Federick and Snowman

It seems like all of us having the same problem. I came to realise this when i saw your posting.

I just spoke to my tiler. He said the difference in height of my kitchen and dining area tiles is about 1 tile thick. So what he is going to do is to put a piece of semi-rounded metal piece on the edge of the kitchen tile to "round-off" the edges.

I just spoke to my tiler. He said the difference in height of my kitchen and dining area tiles is about 1 tile thick. So what he is going to do is to put a piece of semi-rounded metal piece on the edge of the kitchen tile to "round-off" the edges.

Hi, Thanks for your info. Just spoken to my ID. Anyway, nothing I can do as the wall already hacked. :unsure:

Hi, Thanks for your info. Just spoken to my ID. Anyway, nothing I can do as the wall already hacked. :unsure:

ya... mine oso have.. 4 rm.. but heard my ID said some of the units can have living rm n kitchen lay level..

ya... mine oso have.. 4 rm.. but heard my ID said some of the units can have living rm n kitchen lay level..

My tiler said it's no good for the kitchen and dining area to be level, but I cannot remember the reason....will ask tomorrow again....

Ya dat's what my ID told me. Let's wait and see if he is able to do that for my flat. BTW realise that you have bought a KDK ceiling fan. Thought of getting 1 too. How much did you get?

Call Colorland Paint Centre Pte Ltd

Blk 202 Bedok Nth St 1 #01-487 Singapore 460202

Tel : 6443 0523

Source: www.YellowPages.com.sg

Lacquering your doors ah? Nice. I've seen one unit with lacquered doors = SWEE!

DSA, thanks, I'm lacquering wooden shelf. :notti:

Thx for all the feedbacks, it seems that this is a building construction inherent design and it is not the fault of my tiler. Then i wont jump on my ID and ask her to retile the living room liao.

Now my solution is to hide the kerb at the edge of the bar counter so that it wont be seen. Reasonable solution without much hassel. Cheers!

Thx for all the feedbacks, it seems that this is a building construction inherent design and it is not the fault of my tiler. Then i wont jump on my ID and ask her to retile the living room liao.

Now my solution is to hide the kerb at the edge of the bar counter so that it wont be seen. Reasonable solution without much hassel. Cheers!

Actually I also find that our flats have some construction design problem, such as lighting point not centalised, the 2 white color pipes sticking out of the ground in the middle of the floor instead of the corner, MBR toilet door blocking half of the basin, etc. But well, what can we do?

One of the reason y the kitchen floor and living floor cannot be aligned is bcoz water will flow into living room when we washed kitchen floor.

If all can remember, old flats always have kerb between kitchen and living room (kitchen is always one step lower). This help when washing the floor at the kitchen and living room. Dirty water will flow back to kitchen.

We modern people dun like this style anymore. High chance we will not be washing the kitchen floor like wat our mothers do last time during festive seasons. At most we juz mop it.

However, the tiling still has to be done in this way.. :sport-smiley-018: