Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Ventilation Fan: Although there is only 1 window for common toilet. I actually split half of it to do up the ventilation fan.

Air Con: You may go to IMM level 3, there are a few vendors like gain city etc which can offers relative reasonable pricing which includes installation for air con.

Basically 9000 BTu for rooms will be sufficient and 18000 BTU or max 22000BTu for living is also sufficient.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Checked the other page in the forum with regards to curtains, called Mr. Chew - but apparently his daughter is getting married next month so he cannot make it.

But Jimmy Textiles doesnt do house visits, right? Am gonna try Golden Leaf Curtain, but am afraid that they'd do some hardselling especially if they do house visits.

Nobody done those kinda shelving for the bomb shelter - wanna know estimately how much would it cost.

Goodness, this reno has been costing a bomb!! And CNY coming soon, need to set aside funds for my new year clothes too!! :P

Blah, scrolled until my eyes are crossed (not as if online shopping makes my eyes crossed!)..

anyway, any contacts for good curtain makers?

And also, anyone did up their bomb shelter to have those metal racks for storage purposes? Any contacts?

Got this Mr Chew from renotalk forums, but he is busy with his daughter wedding now, so he give me his partner no. Vicent Lim at **. Suppose to be cheaper as he operate at home and do installation himself. He charge me $1500 for curtain at mbr and b2, wooden blind for living and b3.I cant compare price as wooden blind is double price of curtain and not many LG is installing this. My is 5 rm.

I had used the "key" provided by HDB to turn the water to full, it helps abit. :notti:

What is this "key" huh? and use it at where? I also find water pressure not good by just turning one of the tap on.

Hi

Can let me know the estimated cost after you have call?

Thanks in advance

I will only be calling him somewhere early Dec as my place undergoing reno now....so messy & he cannot come down to measure too. If you manage to call him first, please also let me know his pricing. Thanks.

Got this Mr Chew from renotalk forums, but he is busy with his daughter wedding now, so he give me his partner no. Vicent Lim at **. Suppose to be cheaper as he operate at home and do installation himself. He charge me $1500 for curtain at mbr and b2, wooden blind for living and b3.I cant compare price as wooden blind is double price of curtain and not many LG is installing this. My is 5 rm.

What is this "key" huh? and use it at where? I also find water pressure not good by just turning one of the tap on.

Jovi asked her plumber to adjust a blue color ring in the reservoir by screwing it upwards and it helps. Not too sure if this is the "key".

Nobody done those kinda shelving for the bomb shelter - wanna know estimately how much would it cost.

It's pretty common now. Cost I think should be around $300 to $700, depending on the material you chose. I think I called the Alan & he quoted me nearly $800 for the galvanised iron series.

I paid $190 for a storage rack consisting plywood base & vertical iron supports in the household shelter.

RANT: Some bloody moronic imbecile at Blk 219A #11-12 freaking drilling at this HOUR! Shot a stern letter of complaint against the owner to HDB.

It's pretty common now. Cost I think should be around $300 to $700, depending on the material you chose. I think I called the Alan & he quoted me nearly $800 for the galvanised iron series.

I chose not to spend so much on the H/S store rack. Tony did my grey L-shaped L48"xH72"xW20" for $160. For the same dimension, Alan would charge $10 more and Fong Sheng Woodwork Industrial (FSWI) will charge around $200. However in the case of FSWI, 12mm plywood are used instead of 9mm. Depending on the color you choose - Grey, White or Brown, the prices may varies too. If you want to DIY, it will probably costs $60-$90 (my contractor's worker told me).

You can try Jimmy Textile at Tangjong Katong Complex. I did a normal curtain for my 5 Room flat including the Aircon windows at $960. A lot of people said it is cheap. If you do more like day and night curtain, u may be able to bargain a bit.

Are your curtains full length type? Tks.

Hi. Your curtain is day & night or ..... :unsure:

Hi, I need some help from anyone who is currently staying in LG. I saw 2 drain pipes (connected to the wall) in the MBR toilet. On of them is connected to the aircon ledge outlet. The other one is located near the MBR toilet bowl. Can anyone please help me check if there is this drain pipe in the common toilet? Cos I just check and suspect my tiler sealed the drain pipe of the common toilet accidentally. I suspect this drain pipe of the common toilet should be either on the left or right bottom of the toilet bowl.

Thanks.

Edited by frederick_chia

I chose not to spend so much on the H/S store rack. Tony did my grey L-shaped L48"xH72"xW20" for $160. For the same dimension, Alan would charge $10 more and Fong Sheng Woodwork Industrial (FSWI) will charge around $200. However in the case of FSWI, 12mm plywood are used instead of 9mm. Depending on the color you choose - Grey, White or Brown, the prices may varies too. If you want to DIY, it will probably costs $60-$90 (my contractor's worker told me).

Are your curtains full length type? Tks.

can share with me the pics of hw it look like? interested leh.. cheap 1 for my BS will do.. nobody c ma.. :)

RANT: Some bloody moronic imbecile at Blk 219A #11-12 freaking drilling at this HOUR! Shot a stern letter of complaint against the owner to HDB.

Shld serve as notice to all home owners in LG as well, pls be considerate. We're all gonna be neighbours sooner or later, so spare a thought to those who have moved in earlier.

can share with me the pics of hw it look like? interested leh.. cheap 1 for my BS will do.. nobody c ma.. :)

Yup, a pic will be great! Have greatly benefitted from ideas shared here like PDDoor (thanks to Ryan), reno ideas from the rest etc etc. Now thinking bout' the ventilation fan for the toilets as well. Hmm ...

Edited by Iman

I agree it's cheap too.....Can share pic? Though I'm looking for stainless steel versions, but don't mind if it's good and cheap.

Ventilation Fan: Although there is only 1 window for common toilet. I actually split half of it to do up the ventilation fan.

Air Con: You may go to IMM level 3, there are a few vendors like gain city etc which can offers relative reasonable pricing which includes installation for air con.

Basically 9000 BTu for rooms will be sufficient and 18000 BTU or max 22000BTu for living is also sufficient.

I did a rough calculation, for MBR, we need about 12000 BTU, and for the other rooms, 9000 BTU. For the living room, we need 18000 BTU.

However, you can take a lower BTU unit...it just takes longer and consumes more electricity to cool the room.

Can anyone please help me check if there is this drain pipe in the common toilet?

the drain pipe is located directly behind the neck of the basin, it's an L-elbow connection.