Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
acidtest

I Will Never Ever Step Into Lumiere Again...appalling Service From This Place

Perhaps it is the way I am dressed (I was in a simple T-shirt, with khakis and a pair of sneakers) or maybe I do not have expensive items on me (no rolex, no gold chain, no gold crowning on my front teeth). Neither is my skin white.

But no light bulb seller should ever ever suggest that you are financially incapable of buying their light bulb holders (also known as a lamp, which this shop sells, and apparently their balding sales person also sells bad service for free). Neither do you deserved to be given a verbal warning when all you did was to touch their lamps. (If you want to buy lamps, don't you need to know how it works?)

It is my worst encounter with a sales person while setting up my new home with my wife. As we needed new lights in our home, we decided to walk down the streets of Balestier again (for the 2nd time) to hunt down for our living room wall-mount lamp.

If you have ever visit light showrooms, you will know that there are all kinds of lamps on display. If you visit Lumiere, you will find one that is hung low and it is one huge lamp with black glass hooks. Please do not touch it UNLESS:

1) You can read the invisible sign that says "DO NOT TOUCH IT", which will tell you that you can't touch it. So don't touch.

2) You can AFFORD to pay $16,000 for it. (The same balding sales person actually threw this in our face: "Please don't touch it. It is very expensive..... we will have to bill you $16000").

3) You want to be publicly embarrassed by the sales person as he issues the warning in front of everyone in the shop.

It is disgusting when this sale person had provided rather good service to a couple of fairer-skinned (to be taken literally) customers before deciding that this local couple is simply not worth basic courtesy.

I find it particularly perplexed by what is written on their webpage about "We pride ourselves on our customer service". If this is what they are proud about, I am sure that I won't lose by giving their lamps a miss.

Edited by acidtest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow thats appalling indeed. you should email the management and sack the guy who brings the company down.

i never had this encounter this bad, but i had experienced salespersons before who totally bochup you cus in their minds they're thinking, "aiya this guy probably wont buy one larh"

and it sucks to be treated this way

Well it happens. Just take it in your stride and not let it spoil your day. There are plenty who would be willing to do your business big or small. It is not just the product but the service and attitude we are shopping for nowadays.

Edited by Starscream

Nothing special abt lights from Lumiere anyway, you can find them in shops along balestier/geylang.

We went there once, walk one round come out and nobody served us also. May we were dressed like the threadstarted also :D .

I have never encountered any bad service from lumiere. In fact, I find them pretty professional in guiding me in choosing my lightings.

However, I was told nicely to avoid touching the crystal lamp that cost than $10,000 as the crystals could break quite easily. I didn't find it too offensive for me.

Their lightings are mostly imported from Euro designers. Hence, they could be more expensive than the usual Taiwan or China made lamps.

I find it particularly perplexed by what is written on their webpage about "We pride ourselves on our customer service". If this is what they are proud about, I am sure that I won't lose by giving their lamps a miss.

Er...they are correct....customer service them.

If they wanted to service customer, it should be "We pride ourselves in servicing our customers"..

So correct company moto :dancingqueen: