Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Placement Of Bed In Mbr

Hi,

I have a small problem at hand. I have a rectangular MBR. The existing wardrobe is at the bottom of the rectangular together with the toilet. The toilet door is concealed in the wardrobe. (You have to go through the wardrobe to go to the toilet.) Currently i plan to put my bed facing the wardrobe not directly in front of the toilet with the back of the bed leaning against the wall opposite the wardrobe. However, my mum says she feel like she walk into a funeral, apparently the bed is the coffin :( (that is where the ex owner place their bed as well). The right side of the MBR has a row of windows; my mum suggested that we place our bed leading on the left side of MBR facing the windows. Is that a good idea? Please advise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I have a small problem at hand. I have a rectangular MBR. The existing wardrobe is at the bottom of the rectangular together with the toilet. The toilet door is concealed in the wardrobe. (You have to go through the wardrobe to go to the toilet.) Currently i plan to put my bed facing the wardrobe not directly in front of the toilet with the back of the bed leaning against the wall opposite the wardrobe. However, my mum says she feel like she walk into a funeral, apparently the bed is the coffin :( (that is where the ex owner place their bed as well). The right side of the MBR has a row of windows; my mum suggested that we place our bed leading on the left side of MBR facing the windows. Is that a good idea? Please advise.

enz, a picture speaks a thousand words so maybe that can help us to visiualise?

enz, a picture speaks a thousand words so maybe that can help us to visiualise?

I finally modeled a 3d layout of my MBR. Sorry i took so long to reply. According to my HTB, bed should not be facing the window, so he prefer this arrangement. The toilet door is not directly facing the bed so is this bed arrangement okay ?

psfloorplanofmbrvp6.th.jpg

I finally modeled a 3d layout of my MBR. Sorry i took so long to reply. According to my HTB, bed should not be facing the window, so he prefer this arrangement. The toilet door is not directly facing the bed so is this bed arrangement okay ?

just sharing what i know about bed arrangement.. not to be taken seriously as i'm not an expert :bleah:

your bed has a solid wall as the head so its ok. not facing the door also so it should be fine. left and right got equal spacing so its ok as well. franking speaking i don't quite understand what your mother means walking into a funeral..

maybe just check what is your kua number as well as your partner's? if possible your head when resting on the bed should be pointing in the 'good' direction..

Hi enz,

Do you mind letting me know what program you used to come out with the 3D layout? I am interested in doing that also. Hope you can advise. Thanks.

Best Regards,

merly

Hi enz,

Do you mind letting me know what program you used to come out with the 3D layout? I am interested in doing that also. Hope you can advise. Thanks.

Best Regards,

merly

Sorry for the late reply. I used goggle sketch. it is pretty fun, no ID so have to diy.

.... franking speaking i don't quite understand what your mother means walking into a funeral..

I am not an expert, but I think refer to the sleeping position. If both feet pointing to the door, it means walking into a funeral....so both feet must not face the door.

Oh i need help!!! I hacked away the existing platform and now i realized that there is a beam above me at the location i want to place my bed. It was camouflaged by a false ceiling. We did not take down the false ceiling though. Can i still put the bed there, i heard that sleeping under a beam is really bad? How can i solve this problem, should i change the location of the bed to face the windows?

Hi,

If my MBR door and Main door both have the same facing, is it true that I can't place my bedhead against the opposite wall facing the bedroom door (even if not in any direct alignment)?

Also, if a particular facing of the bed is good for my husband but not good for me, is there any remedy, assuming that's the only possible placement?

Can the Bedhead share the same wall as the stove?

Hi,

If my MBR door and Main door both have the same facing, is it true that I can't place my bedhead against the opposite wall facing the bedroom door (even if not in any direct alignment)?

Also, if a particular facing of the bed is good for my husband but not good for me, is there any remedy, assuming that's the only possible placement?

Can the Bedhead share the same wall as the stove?

hi, to wat i know is that e bedframe cannot share with e stove wall. ;)

Oh i need help!!! I hacked away the existing platform and now i realized that there is a beam above me at the location i want to place my bed. It was camouflaged by a false ceiling. We did not take down the false ceiling though. Can i still put the bed there, i heard that sleeping under a beam is really bad? How can i solve this problem, should i change the location of the bed to face the windows?

hi ,

to wat i know is the bedframe should not be under the lights cos it will cause nightmare. n facing e window is also not gd. side is ok.

bedhead same wall with toilet can or not ar?

try your best not to , any other walls u can consider ?

ya but below the beam :bangwall:

u mentioned the headboard sharing the toilet wall , wats the otherside of that wall ??

does it have the wash basin or the shower set or the putty bowl ?

no picture is kind of hard to imagine, i think if u r concern u can only either opt for the FS master to look see look see. or u decide which is the less painfull option

for me , i will

a) choose another room

b) share the toilet wall

c) under beam