Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tpwong

Horizontal Pillar

Hi Mr Chong,

I noticed that there is a horizontal pillar in front of the my unit master bedroom. I don't know what is the use of that. I suspect it is just there to make the building look distinctive by have a few horizontal structure across. HDB always try to be creative but they end up looking odd. My que is, will that so called pillar affect the fengshui? Because once you open the window, you will see it. If yes, what is the remedies for it?

Many thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Mr Chong,

I noticed that there is a horizontal pillar in front of the my unit master bedroom. I don't know what is the use of that. I suspect it is just there to make the building look distinctive by have a few horizontal structure across. HDB always try to be creative but they end up looking odd. My que is, will that so called pillar affect the fengshui? Because once you open the window, you will see it. If yes, what is the remedies for it?

Many thanks!

not sure but i think the horizontal pillar u talking about is used to block the sun for windows that have direct morning/evening sun. its not for decorative purposes.

Hi Mr Chong,

Many thanks!

Hello

Pillars do effect in some ways. This will depend on where it is located. Some can be ignored. Take a pic and put it up here with the compass direction of house.

Hi Mr. Chong, I am back with the pictures and direction reading. The picture below "reading.jpg" shows how I took the reading according to what you requested. The red arrow show the direction I am facing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502115/

These images show the exterior of the horizontal pillar and how it is seen from the master bedroom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502117/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502129/

I have a few que to ask...sorry if the list is too long because the more I look at it, the more flaws I can see. My FS didn't tell much about it. I can't blame anyone because at that time I also don't know what to ask. Here goes my list :

1. Is there any neg effect of the pillar? If yes any remedies?

2. The FS master advised us to put a purple crystal at the living room. I have marked it in purple in the floor plan (see pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502115/ some reason, we cannot put it in the living room. I wonder if it is ok to move it to the master bedroom (marked in square purple)? The direction seem to be the same (just parallel).

3. While I was taking the reading, I realised that the center of the room falls at the entrance of the common toilet. From what I understand they said no good if centre is in the bathroom right? But mine is at the entrance. Is the theory also applies to the entrance of the toilet? See the pic below on how I identify the centre off the room. I draw line around the floor plan then 2 line across. Is my method correct? If yes, any remedies?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502133/

4. My FS master has given me a date for moving in but I am still short of 2 furniture. Is it ok to move in first before the 2 furniture comes? Because if I missed the date then I need to wait after the 7th month before I can move in.

5. I have the same que as one of the forummer. Can we move furniture in during 7th month?

6. After the reno, I realised that the stove is facing the windows. In fact like most of them we don't have a choice. The space is sooooo small. I cannot move the stove to the sink because it will be facing the door already (like that also no good). What is your advise?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502139/

Sorry for the long list and also because I have exceeded the num of pictures I can post therefore I can only use link. Sorry about that. As what I have said, the more I look at it, the more flaws I can see. Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks!

Edited by tpwong

Hello

Firstly, I noticed that in your floorplan, you have indicated SW 260 and NE 75 etc. The degrees reading if base on the numbers are in fact west and east respectively.

I can't proceed until you are sure you understand and know how to interpret correctly readings. If I have he slightest doubt with your readings I cannot make comments. It will be bad for you.

These images show the exterior of the horizontal pillar and how it is seen from the master bedroom.

Hello

That is really one ugly pillar!!

I have a few que to ask...sorry if the list is too long because the more I look at it, the more flaws I can see. My FS didn't tell much about it. I can't blame anyone because at that time I also don't know what to ask. Here goes my list :

1. Is there any neg effect of the pillar? If yes any remedies?

Yes, definitely. Yes but because you are still not sure about compass readings, any recommendation of remedies might end up having counter effect or make things worse.

2. The FS master advised us to put a purple crystal at the living room. I have marked it in purple in the floor plan (see pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2640502115/ some reason, we cannot put it in the living room. I wonder if it is ok to move it to the master bedroom (marked in square purple)? The direction seem to be the same (just parallel).

Firstly, do not mix my methods with the others. If you want to continue using the suggestions of the others, I prefer not to comment any further.

Secondly, I seldom mention about crystals in all my posts....I think the most once and if not, none at all. I have nothing against using crystals and it can sometimes be used for FS purpose. The problem is that the applicant must fully understand the qualities of real crystals. Crystals can emit or absorb certain quality of energies. Therefore it can be good or bad energies emitted or absorbed. Does the FS master knows the qualities/ composition of the purple crystal? Purple got rose quartz, amethyst, fluorite and etc.

3. While I was taking the reading, I realised that the center of the room falls at the entrance of the common toilet. From what I understand they said no good if centre is in the bathroom right? But mine is at the entrance. Is the theory also applies to the entrance of the toilet? See the pic below on how I identify the centre off the room. I draw line around the floor plan then 2 line across. Is my method correct? If yes, any remedies?

Having centre in bathroom does not definitely spell bad (your whole building sector usually have similar design). Many cross into this grey area of misconception. Yes, the centre is about there.

4. My FS master has given me a date for moving in but I am still short of 2 furniture. Is it ok to move in first before the 2 furniture comes? Because if I missed the date then I need to wait after the 7th month before I can move in.

5. I have the same que as one of the forummer. Can we move furniture in during 7th month?

I've already answered the forummer. Yes, it is ok if a proper date is selected. If you've engaged the FS master, you should get him to answer some of your doubts and questions even if its follow-ups. Basically, all FS practitioners out there should exhibit a set of code of ethics and are kind and helpful in nature.

6. After the reno, I realised that the stove is facing the windows. In fact like most of them we don't have a choice. The space is sooooo small. I cannot move the stove to the sink because it will be facing the door already (like that also no good). What is your advise?

This topic has been covered in other post. :)

Edited by Mr Chong

Hi Mr. Chong, maybe there are some confusion on the readings. Ok...the thing is this, in the valuation report, they indicated that main door is facing NE and living room is facing SW. However, when I used the compass, I realised that it is not pointing exactly at NE and neither E for the front door. It is somewhere in between NE and E. That is why I indicated the degree as NE 75/80 degree. Maybe in term of feng shui theory, it is already considered E. I don't know much about feng shui. Perhaps, you could tell me what is the range of degree for each direction?

However, I will go and buy a better compass, to confirm the direction again. If it is considered as E then I think most people will try to avoid house in this direction...... :unsure:

I will come back after I have confirmed the readings.

Edited by tpwong

Hi Mr. Chong,

I am back with compass reading. I used another compass this time and the reading is more or less the same as last time. Maybe let me explain alittle on how I read the compass. E.g. for the pic below...as the alignment does not fall exactly on E, I would still regard this as NE. That was why in my previous post, I gave reading such as NE 80 degree. Not to create confusion...I will used back the same method. You can correct me later.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2666107142/

In case you have doubts on my reading, I have pic for you to cross reference.

The floor plan below shows how the reading was taken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2666107450/

1. Step 1 (main door) = NE 80 degree

2. 3 steps back = NE 72 degree

3. center of the house = NE 80 degree

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2665283047/

4. Most windows = SW 262 degree

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpwong/2665283147/

If you need anymore info feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Maybe you want to correct me on how I should read the compass? Hope to hear from you. Many thanks for your help.

1. Step 1 (main door) = NE 80 degree

2. 3 steps back = NE 72 degree

3. center of the house = NE 80 degree

4. Most windows = SW 262 degree

If you need anymore info feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Maybe you want to correct me on how I should read the compass? Hope to hear from you. Many thanks for your help.

Hello

Good. Now that you have taken some pics to clarify.

If facing the main door, your reading is 72-80 deg, it is considered to be facing east. Not NE.

Therefore it is good that you keep the windows having the pillars closed. Better still, in addition get v-kool to do the reflective type on your glass windows. If nothing urgent, don't use that window any more.

Hi Mr. chong, thank you very much for your advice. I am glad that it is a simple thing that we could do. In fact I am glad that the person who will be staying in the room does not like to have the windows opened and it will be covered with curtains. Many thanks!