Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

wah, realised most of the ea's here so big in size. my baby Ea think floor area lose some 5rms too.haiz. sometimes wonder how come Ea gotta pay more tariffs and conservency. as if ppl with ea units throw more rubbish and use more electricity and bathe more often?

hmm.. dunno can raise the issue to gahmen bo. ea really overrated. especially mine. :(

agreed, "use more electricity and bathe more often" part is already taken care by SP wat... so do we throw that much rubbish? should be proportional to the area mah... u think can talk to MP about this?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dont want la...after some thinking...the only thing i might get out of it is gahmen decides to raise the tariffs of 5rms to bring the difference closer. they'll never bring it down anything for sure. thats like a few mil of income leh,give each household $$$ during election period still got left alot ahhhh. then years later they'll further raise the ea/em tariffs as those "baby 5rms" units will complain then they raise again. all in all i like facilitating them a very good reason to earn more of our money. :curse:

something like how the kaypo uncle say he cannot find parking place in westcoast park. big hoo-haa then end up they have a reason to implement paid-parking there. then real park users like the uncle himself kena. zz

dunno leh, gahmen are so predictable nowdays. :rolleyes:

welcome khair76 to the EA gang :dancingqueen:

yah DoubleJ i totally agree with you

i find the thing about paying more tariffs and conservancy charges very ridiculous loh

also, they peg the rebates to flat size which to me is downright stupid

one TPY 5-rm flat can buy two of my EA and yet they get more rebate :fire: :fire: :fire:

i feel more ridiculous fact is that bigger cc car pay higher rd tax.... YYYYY bigger car?

wow is getting close ... after my first APPT ... the seller ok for me to start the RENO....

haha u driving bigger cc car rightttt...erm..but cars are luxury items wor,they are meant to be subjected to non-subsidy,the bigger or better they are, the more u kena tax. the system sounds justified to me. eg; if you drive 7series and look at a cherryQQ. you'll also know your taxes are justified ma. 6pot brakes,rear 4 pot.advanced abs and climate system etc etc compared to something less then half your size and performance. :P

but bring the same comparison over to housing. all same concreate ma. floor area not much diff, same orbit tiles and the eyesore shelter,its not like ea estates gets travelators to the nearest supermaket,covered walkway tiled with italian marble leading to the sculptured greek fountain of the communal garden planted with exotic plants. :dribble:

and bear in mind the "extra space" was already paid for with the larger pricetag... and so since there really is nothing "premium" or "luxurious" in unit or surrounding itself compared to the other types of housings. it really doesnt justify to not get the same subsidy. :o

hmm...maybe i rant too much due to stressful period. but really not fair mahhh. *rolls on floor* :rofl:

Hi hi... EA at Hougang.. nice to meet you guy.. Floor area 138 sqm and just got the key on 1st of Sep 08. Now doing home renovation. :dancingqueen:

Edited by Deepwhite

haha u driving bigger cc car rightttt...erm..but cars are luxury items wor,they are meant to be subjected to non-subsidy,the bigger or better they are, the more u kena tax. the system sounds justified to me. eg; if you drive 7series and look at a cherryQQ. you'll also know your taxes are justified ma. 6pot brakes,rear 4 pot.advanced abs and climate system etc etc compared to something less then half your size and performance. :P

but bring the same comparison over to housing. all same concreate ma. floor area not much diff, same orbit tiles and the eyesore shelter,its not like ea estates gets travelators to the nearest supermaket,covered walkway tiled with italian marble leading to the sculptured greek fountain of the communal garden planted with exotic plants. :dribble:

and bear in mind the "extra space" was already paid for with the larger pricetag... and so since there really is nothing "premium" or "luxurious" in unit or surrounding itself compared to the other types of housings. it really doesnt justify to not get the same subsidy. :o

hmm...maybe i rant too much due to stressful period. but really not fair mahhh. *rolls on floor* :rofl:

I agree with Double J. Nowadays, some 5 room flats are even more expensive than our EAs! Plus, some of the people who purchased the 4 or 5 room flats may have paid even more cash than us!!! :-s And they get rebates? How about those people residing in central areas or marine parade who have paid really really high prices for their flats? They get rebates too since their flats are not EAs. And of course lower conservancy charges, tariffs etc. That's unfair, no? Perhaps it's time our govt revise their system.

Edited by damsel in de-stress

Hi hi... EA at Hougang.. nice to meet you guy.. Floor area 138 sqm and just got the key on 1st of Sep 08. Now doing home renovation. :dancingqueen:

1. icky -- Jurong East

2. burrppp -- Tampines

3. applefreak -- Seng Kang

4. lakmy -- Pasir Ris

5. damsel in de-stress -- Bedok Reservoir

6. chocolatzz -- Pasir Ris

7. simcity -- Serangoon North

8. rummi -- Seng Kang

9. priyalok -- Seng Kang

10. DoubleJ -- Jurong West

11. khair76-- Pasir Ris

12. Deepwhite-- Hougang

Welcome my friend.. anyway who did u get to renovate yr hse...

Hello! JWer here reporting in. Same area as DoubleJ but area's 126 sqm.

It was a long wait to get a flat esp in balloting exercises so looked at possible alternatives in JW based on cost, availability options. That how, I came to be in JW. :)

Edited by BunBun

Hello! JWer here reporting in. Same area as DoubleJ but area's 126 sqm.

It was a long wait to get a flat esp in balloting exercises so looked at possible alternatives in JW based on cost, availability options. That how, I came to be in JW. :)

1. icky -- Jurong East

2. burrppp -- Tampines

3. applefreak -- Seng Kang

4. lakmy -- Pasir Ris

5. damsel in de-stress -- Bedok Reservoir

6. chocolatzz -- Pasir Ris

7. simcity -- Serangoon North

8. rummi -- Seng Kang

9. priyalok -- Seng Kang

10. DoubleJ -- Jurong West

11. khair76-- Pasir Ris

12. Deepwhite-- Hougang

13. BunBun -- Jurong West

Welcome! BunBun! your block 6xx?

Welcome my friend.. anyway who did u get to renovate yr hse...

Impress 21 is doing my place.. btw, I had looked at EM and EA in Aljunied and Tampines area, quite like the unit size and shape of EA at Blk 151 (tampines) which is 150 sqm (including recess area). Only that my mother-in-law do not like it... too many traffic noise that the junction. :-)

Nope, its the 2xx one.

Oh, jurong west ave 3 area, is it? they are pretty new, easy access to PIE also, but a bit far from MRT station, got feeder bus or not ah?

read this from zaobao,

在价格下滑的地区和组屋类型中,以裕廊东公寓式跌幅最大,猛挫8万5000元或15.5%。

for those cannot read Chinese, it says

the HDB resale price (median) has dropped in 08Q3, among all areas and all types, the most jialat one is jurong east executive flat, dropped by 85k or 15.5%.

jialat leh... mine EA at jurong east ah....

Yup at west ave 3 there. Considered new since the cluster of flats were left vacant for 5-6 yrs due to oversupply as mentioned before. That's probably one of the good things to have everything new? Yep got 2 feeder buses that stop directly outside 2xx cluster. One of them goes direct to the MRT station but considered slow to reach the station comparing to other feeder buses that stop at the main road which is nearer to the police HQ div & sheng siong there.

Oh, jurong west ave 3 area, is it? they are pretty new, easy access to PIE also, but a bit far from MRT station, got feeder bus or not ah?

read this from zaobao,

在价格下滑的地区和组屋类型中,以裕廊东公寓式跌幅最大,猛挫8万5000元或15.5%。

for those cannot read Chinese, it says

the HDB resale price (median) has dropped in 08Q3, among all areas and all types, the most jialat one is jurong east executive flat, dropped by 85k or 15.5%.

jialat leh... mine EA at jurong east ah....

ehh, JE's 15.5% is 85k liao?! meaning Jurong east EA unit valued at 540k avg? so high sia. :jawdrop:

iirc hdb released tohguans EAs at 460k during my ballot. already felt it's pretty insane prices. didnt know JE more expensive! maybe cos of the unrealistic prices so as no one wants it and so the drastic % is shown when some sellers sell it at desperate prices ba. dont worry la. JE has good value de la. close to mrt interchange,big stadium/swimmingpool,near pie and IMM,best heartland mall you can find in sg. really no competition for that title i belive,find me a challenger :P . also have big libary,science center,snowcity,lakeside district! wah...amenities galore lo!! wahaha,suddenly i love our west side so much! :dribble: