Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

At first like applefreak I also wanna minimise reno so didn't budget a lot. But after repeated visit to the flat, realised that most things quite "almost there" already. Afterall 1st owner stayed over 10 yrs, so even if good maintenance still... :unsure: Even my father is in favour of hacking everything. Only thing no need to replace is the wiring. My hubby best, if can all do he happy. I said if you paying than I nevermind. :good:

Now gotta ask the IDs give me new quotations again. Thing is might need to get loan for reno lor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

for me the main thing is i don't want to take loan

and the flat wasn't really a planned thing

thankfully we managed to get a 'new' flat from hdb so everything is original condition

basically just did kitchen cabinets, built-in wardrobe for 2 room and some misc stuff

all in about $17k :notti:

all in about $17k :notti:

:bow: applefreak power! I reno my current 4 rm 6 yrs ago already 18k, although I did hack a wall. So now floor space not doubled, but reno cost doubled... :furious: But as hubby kept telling me, this flat is for good, so also cannot too stingy... :help:

:bow: applefreak power! I reno my current 4 rm 6 yrs ago already 18k, although I did hack a wall. So now floor space not doubled, but reno cost doubled... :furious: But as hubby kept telling me, this flat is for good, so also cannot too stingy... :help:

Hey,

So let's say I need to redo the MBR and Kitchen mainly, a long seatee in dining area and leave all the flooring and toilets untouched, you all think 15k to 20k possible? so far the cheapest quote i got is 19k but they din quote for all the items i need plus workmanship and design so so only... anyone got contractor's contact can give? I find no point in hiring ID cos mainly carpentry works.

if doing only carpentry i'd recommend classic kitchen at tg katong complex

it's a little pricier than normal contractor but their workmanship is really :good:

some times cannot see price alone bah

i went to quite a number of showrooms but only classic kitchen impressed me

in the end didn't use them coz they only do carpentry but i needed wet works as well

went to some and their showroom cabinets are quite badly done

as in i can spot several defects liao loh

like that what can i expect from them??? :dunno:

Edited by applefreak

Agree with applefreak, cannot see price alone. Most impt is workmanship, then design and whether you get along with the in-charge (i.e. ID or contractor).

Joho, you so good only need to do carpentry, no need wet works? If so within 20k definitely more than enough, like doing condo. Have PM you contacts of a company that does carpentry & cabinetry works only. You can check them out.

Acutally...I wan to hirer a ID to do...but in the end give up the idea...save cost...just do do basic, can stay can already....hahaha....econ is bad...must tighten our seat belt...tat's wat our PM said... :(

Acutally...I wan to hirer a ID to do...but in the end give up the idea...save cost...just do do basic, can stay can already....hahaha....econ is bad...must tighten our seat belt...tat's wat our PM said... :(

Hi PinkyX, initially thought so too. But after getting individual quotes from contractors and comparing to ID quotes, is around the same. Did you really get a lot of difference between the 2 types of quotes?

Edited by Tsubame

EA is part of my upgrade options cos parents stay in with me.. but seem like HDB resale transaction cant differential EA or EM.. keen in tampines..

HDB resale transaction cant differential EA or EM

?????

HDB resale transaction cant differential EA or EM

?????

Hmmm sorry to put it so bluntly.. what i mean is from HDB resale transaction how can i know which one is EA or EM transaction.. they shld make it easier like some property marketing website does.

if doing only carpentry i'd recommend classic kitchen at tg katong complex

it's a little pricier than normal contractor but their workmanship is really :good:

some times cannot see price alone bah

i went to quite a number of showrooms but only classic kitchen impressed me

in the end didn't use them coz they only do carpentry but i needed wet works as well

went to some and their showroom cabinets are quite badly done

as in i can spot several defects liao loh

like that what can i expect from them??? :dunno:

i cant help it but to trust ur taste apple.. aint too sure whether i ask u before but do classic does only kitchen capentry as their names implies?

yes classic kitchen (or classic furniture) only does carpentry

they can recommend contractors if you want masonry works

there's a company also named classic but is not the same

the one with good carpentry works is at tg katong complex

read that some heard good remarks of classic furniture went to the wrong classic and got a whole lot of headache for renovation :(

Hmmm sorry to put it so bluntly.. what i mean is from HDB resale transaction how can i know which one is EA or EM transaction.. they shld make it easier like some property marketing website does.

i cant help it but to trust ur taste apple.. aint too sure whether i ask u before but do classic does only kitchen capentry as their names implies?

guess u will hv to look at the blk den u will know is EA or EM...

Agree with applefreak, cannot see price alone. Most impt is workmanship, then design and whether you get along with the in-charge (i.e. ID or contractor).

Joho, you so good only need to do carpentry, no need wet works? If so within 20k definitely more than enough, like doing condo. Have PM you contacts of a company that does carpentry & cabinetry works only. You can check them out.

Finally this forum is up again... :D Had a contractor check the condition of my resale EA last wkend, on closer look and further discussion, I need to do wet works liao...Kitchen wall and floor tiles gotta do and now both toilets also... so my budget gotta go up again... now can do everything under 35K happy liao... :(

Hi PinkyX, initially thought so too. But after getting individual quotes from contractors and comparing to ID quotes, is around the same. Did you really get a lot of difference between the 2 types of quotes?

Hi Tsubame...

Finally, the RT forum is up....

Ya...actually got an ID is good...they can give u ideas, suggestion....coz we would not know the after effect...so it the price to pay...

some more...the quotes like not much diff....