Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

I have just recently bought an EA in Tampines Street 21. It's a 151 sqm flat.

Valuation is at 500K and I was able to get it for 470K. Good deal considering the flat

is very nice except that no partitions in the living and dining area.

My first appointnment is on 3rd August 2009 and hopefully I can get the key by mid-Sept.

I have enaged a ID firm ** Running budget is at 25K coz I wanted to have a hotel-cozy type of design. Will redo

the kitchen and 2 toilets and some works in the room plus additional play area for my

daughter.

Here's the Floor Plan of my house.

MyEA-1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Valuation is at 500K and I was able to get it for 470K. Good deal considering the flat

My first appointnment is on 3rd August 2009 and hopefully I can get the key by mid-Sept.

I have enaged a ID firm *** Running budget is at 25K coz I wanted to have a hotel-cozy type of design. Will redo

the kitchen and 2 toilets and some works in the room plus additional play area for my

daughter.

MyEA-1.jpg

I have enaged a ID firm ** Running budget is at 25K coz I wanted to have a hotel-cozy type of design. Will redo

daughter.

MyEA-1.jpg

Wowo yhanie, your EA is big!!!!! Hw many yrs flat is that? I guess is the older type ones right? Tats def a gd buy, though I m nt familiar w/ Tampines. is it high flr?

Erm, 25k for reno, so little? or is it the other bedrms - u r nt tearing down???????

Edited by admin

Wowo yhanie, your EA is big!!!!! Hw many yrs flat is that? I guess is the older type ones right? Tats def a gd buy, though I m nt familiar w/ Tampines. is it high flr?

Erm, 25k for reno, so little? or is it the other bedrms - u r nt tearing down???????

It's a 15 year old flat...2nd floor only which I really prefer coz I have a small

child and my mom is quite old to go up and down to the lift.

It's for all the rooms, kitchen and living room then additional 5K more for the buffer.

It's a 15 year old flat...2nd floor only which I really prefer coz I have a small

child and my mom is quite old to go up and down to the lift.

It's for all the rooms, kitchen and living room then additional 5K more for the buffer.

Wow, yhanie, then 25k is cheap leh.... when you said or all the rooms - wat did you do? Care to share? Did you hack away the flr & redo?

So far the quotes I've gotten was at least 35k!

Ur EA is along the corridor? How come I dun c any windows for the living rm? It sure is big.... Can play hide & seek in the hse.

My hb's ex-coll also bought an EA fw mths back at Bt Batok, valued 520k bt they nego til 490k to close. Bt also low flr lah... bt big too, at 144sqm.

hw many children did u hv, y need a big flat? I tot usually ppl w/ smaller families will go for a small one, cos more subsidies & easier to maintain. Everybody's telling me, PUB bills & everything all sure increase when I start staying in EA. Is tat true?

Wow, yhanie, then 25k is cheap leh.... when you said or all the rooms - wat did you do? Care to share? Did you hack away the flr & redo?

So far the quotes I've gotten was at least 35k!

Ur EA is along the corridor? How come I dun c any windows for the living rm? It sure is big.... Can play hide & seek in the hse.

My hb's ex-coll also bought an EA fw mths back at Bt Batok, valued 520k bt they nego til 490k to close. Bt also low flr lah... bt big too, at 144sqm.

hw many children did u hv, y need a big flat? I tot usually ppl w/ smaller families will go for a small one, cos more subsidies & easier to maintain. Everybody's telling me, PUB bills & everything all sure increase when I start staying in EA. Is tat true?

Well it may go up to 30K if I intend to do a wardrobe for each room. Master Bedroom is a Walk-in Wardrobe.

There's 2 big windows beside the living room. I have ask my ID to add 1 more room in the living room coz the space is really big

and even after adding it, it will still look big.

I have only 1 daughter, but my 2 sisters are living with me. All in all around 8-10 people will be living the house so we really need a big one.

I will not get any subsidy coz I am a PR (don't know if I am qualified). Usually that's what they are telling, PUB will also increase when you stay

in a big house.

This is the intended floor plan for my house.

ProposedLay-out.jpg

Well it may go up to 30K if I intend to do a wardrobe for each room. Master Bedroom is a Walk-in Wardrobe.

There's 2 big windows beside the living room. I have ask my ID to add 1 more room in the living room coz the space is really big

and even after adding it, it will still look big.

I have only 1 daughter, but my 2 sisters are living with me. All in all around 8-10 people will be living the house so we really need a big one.

I will not get any subsidy coz I am a PR (don't know if I am qualified). Usually that's what they are telling, PUB will also increase when you stay

in a big house.

This is the intended floor plan for my house.

ProposedLay-out.jpg

wow, 8-10 people... you really need a big flat. Now I understand why.. Your reno quote is quite low for EA and for the things you want to do. The quote I got from ** (different ID) was quite high, 27K just to build an extra room, WIW for the masters, common toilet, and TV feature walls for living and masters. That's why I looked for other IDs. For the same price, I get to do more for my flat like new laminated flooring.

wow, 8-10 people... you really need a big flat. Now I understand why.. Your reno quote is quite low for EA and for the things you want to do. The quote I got from ** (different ID) was quite high, 27K just to build an extra room, WIW for the masters, common toilet, and TV feature walls for living and masters. That's why I looked for other IDs. For the same price, I get to do more for my flat like new laminated flooring.

Why it's so high? Well for me ha 30K is too much according to them. They will do everything for me including hacking of tiles for both MBR and common toilet. Lamination of the whole living and dining area.

Why it's so high? Well for me ha 30K is too much according to them. They will do everything for me including hacking of tiles for both MBR and common toilet. Lamination of the whole living and dining area.

Really? Then you got a very sweet deal. Good for you! Unfortunately for us, Benjamin (ID) gave us a high quote. He's very nice, though. I can't complain about the service, but quote is high (4-5K difference from the other 2 shortlisted firms) so we dropped this ID. He said he is willing to renegotiate the price, but we already signed up with another firm.

Really? Then you got a very sweet deal. Good for you! Unfortunately for us, Benjamin (ID) gave us a high quote. He's very nice, though. I can't complain about the service, but quote is high (4-5K difference from the other 2 shortlisted firms) so we dropped this ID. He said he is willing to renegotiate the price, but we already signed up with another firm.

When is the start of renovation? Please create your T-Blog so I can see the floor lay-out.. :)

wow Yhanie

so now wat is incl in ur 25k reno quote? Sure is a gd deal..... Yest went to meet up w/ another 2 IDs, quotes also 40+k. U didn't do any built-in shoe cabinets nor those fanciful feature walls is it? Are you changing the flooring?

Later shall go & meet up w/ another ID, hopefully I can c something more valuable....

wow Yhanie

so now wat is incl in ur 25k reno quote? Sure is a gd deal..... Yest went to meet up w/ another 2 IDs, quotes also 40+k. U didn't do any built-in shoe cabinets nor those fanciful feature walls is it? Are you changing the flooring?

Later shall go & meet up w/ another ID, hopefully I can c something more valuable....

I am changing the floor using a laminated one. Bedroom is all parquet so no need to change.

I will do a major reno of my 2 toilets esp the one in MBR. Will construct false ceilings on MBR, Dining

and living area. I will have a full length TV console in Living room as well as MBR and WIW in MBR.

The 4 other bedrooms will have a built in wardrobe. Kitchen will also be fully renovated. Change of tiles

and cabinets.

I am changing the floor using a laminated one. Bedroom is all parquet so no need to change.

I will do a major reno of my 2 toilets esp the one in MBR. Will construct false ceilings on MBR, Dining

and living area. I will have a full length TV console in Living room as well as MBR and WIW in MBR.

The 4 other bedrooms will have a built in wardrobe. Kitchen will also be fully renovated. Change of tiles

and cabinets.

Hi,

That mean yr reno is only partial. Pardon me i do find it quite on the high side. SOme reno package with complete overhaul Granite package is ard 38K+. Mine is ard 40k+ with unlimit tiles selection - no restriction or require any top up.

ANyway as long u are happy with it ..... it will be ok.

Regards

Nobody

Hello guys.. we just bought an EA in Woodlands Dr 14 Sq Area 147sqm. 1st appnt 23rd Oct (feels soo far away) and completion possibly 8 weeks later (we doing contra)

We have more or less confirmed our ID and will be doing complete overhaul of the unit for about 30k+. The current unit has black galaxy granite flooring for dining and living. Very nice but sadly very badly maintained. Also makes the house look so dark so we will be hacking it away to put in gloss homogeneous. Very sayang coz granite flooring so ex but dun really see a way we can keep it.

Hi,

That mean yr reno is only partial. Pardon me i do find it quite on the high side. SOme reno package with complete overhaul Granite package is ard 38K+. Mine is ard 40k+ with unlimit tiles selection - no restriction or require any top up.

ANyway as long u are happy with it ..... it will be ok.

Regards

Nobody

Mine is a complete overhaul. Please check my T-blog for the exact quoatation. :D