Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

We paid $398K + $38K COV. 136sqm. 6th floor.

Wah little_fish, your COV very low leh!! Envy..

Ours originally asked for $35K, when we offer them $35K, they changed their mind and insisted $40K. So we settled on $38K lor.. Considering the overall price paid, think still quite OK bah.. :unsure:

Our budget for reno also quite tight.. hoping to do $25K for minimal reno..

Edited by ryooki

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yah lor little fish, how you manage to get it at 15K? Its a healthy COV! When did you all exercise OTP? Jan/Feb 2010?

Mine valuation report is around Feb (after CNY), Valuation is 435K + 35K! Guess I have become the stupidest buyer in Sembawang liao

Out of curious, is this your first time buying flat? I'm a first timer myself.

My house quite nicely done up. At least for the flooring. Only need to touch up and renovate the entire kitchen + toilets as I don't like it. Est cost will be around 20 - 25K.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

yah lor little fish, how you manage to get it at 15K? Its a healthy COV! When did you all exercise OTP? Jan/Feb 2010?

Mine valuation report is around Feb (after CNY), Valuation is 435K + 35K! Guess I have become the stupidest buyer in Sembawang liao

Out of curious, is this your first time buying flat? I'm a first timer myself.

My house quite nicely done up. At least for the flooring. Only need to touch up and renovate the entire kitchen + toilets as I don't like it. Est cost will be around 20 - 25K.

Good morning!

No lah.. Anarchy.. dun say that..

We are 2nd time buying.. Just sold off our flat at Admiralty.. The flat we bought has its valuation done in Oct 09 last year.. hence the valuation not very high..

We won't be doing flooring also.. Definitely doing the 2 bathrooms, add more storage, some kitchen, master bedroom and studyroom..

Good morning!

No lah.. Anarchy.. dun say that..

We are 2nd time buying.. Just sold off our flat at Admiralty.. The flat we bought has its valuation done in Oct 09 last year.. hence the valuation not very high..

We won't be doing flooring also.. Definitely doing the 2 bathrooms, add more storage, some kitchen, master bedroom and studyroom..

I'm 2nd time buying too! Sold my flat in Oct 09,and and bought the new one in end Nov 09. When we went to see the flat, the valuation was expiring in a week's time. So we offer 15k flat and owner say ok. Valuation was one of the highest I've seen around Sembawang at that time, maybe because it's on the 14th floor and unblock view...i can see the whole of sembawang! Haha!

I think seller quite desperate to sell off. Initially they insisted on 45k COV no less and I guess no one took the offer. So when the valuation was going to expire, we came just in time. Exercise OTP in Dec.

But, the flooring is not my taste...so will need to change.*faints*

ryooki, same lor ... I will just be happy with what I have paid

little_fish, wah good view leh! sure windy! Flooring is a long term investment. Better do if you dont like it.

you guys also have balcony right? Do you level it or keep it? Thinking of leveling it to make more space else may want to plant some bamboo :P

How about HPS? I'm going for pte after some research.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

you guys also have balcony right? Do you level it or keep it? Thinking of leveling it to make more space else may want to plant some bamboo :P

How about HPS? I'm going for pte after some research.

I will level it leh. But there's piping at the balcony right? I'm not really sure, coz didn't notice it when I went to see the hse. But if there is, can we box it up?

have you guys see any ID/contractors yet?

I went to one ID just to look and see and he quoted me 35K..dunno if cheap or not..haha..will source for more

Hello fellow EA owners,

Can I know whether SSC bill is the same for all or it is determined by tc? Currently paying $76.50 for my EA.

Btw, those going for minimal reno, I think 20-25k is reasonable. I did major overhaul for 2 toilets and kitchen plus a little touch up here and there. Cost me roughly $27k.

We haven't start sourcing for IDs/Contractors yet.. have been reading the renoblogs.. I do know who NOT to engage though..

Anarchy,

Yes, we have a balcony.. will be leveling it and make it our kids' play area. When kids out-grow the play area and move to the study room for computer games, we will think again lor.

HPS-wise, don't know yet.

Bigeyedfish

Thanks for the heads-up!! Can you share your quotes with me? So that I can have some idea on the pricing. :)

hai now i super super sian. Dont know whether consulting FSM is a good choice. Now my FSM said house no good. not recommended to buy. Another FSM said can rectify.

Now I'm banging wall whether seeing a FSM is good or bad. So many schools of thought. Anyone can say anything be it in classical feng shui. ARGH!

hai now i super super sian. Dont know whether consulting FSM is a good choice. Now my FSM said house no good. not recommended to buy. Another FSM said can rectify.

Now I'm banging wall whether seeing a FSM is good or bad. So many schools of thought. Anyone can say anything be it in classical feng shui. ARGH!

Umm.. u mind sharing who say no good and who say can rectify?

I scared also leh.. the FSM who will be auditing my unit is not the same FSM that I consulted to survey!! :(

sigh think not very nice for me to say out their names, i believe in not causing harm to people rice bowl

look under the thread that i setup in fengshui section

sigh think not very nice for me to say out their names, i believe in not causing harm to people rice bowl

look under the thread that i setup in fengshui section

Hi Anarchy, I have PMed you.. No lah.. I am just wondering if the 2 FSM that you consulted is the same as mine.. hopefully not.. <fingers crossed>

Bigeyedfish

Thanks for the heads-up!! Can you share your quotes with me? So that I can have some idea on the pricing. :)

Hi ryooki, take a look at my tblog. All's roughly there.

My wife wanted to give our two kids their own room and I want to keep my own study room. The end result is that we bought an EA in Pasir Ris in Feb 10. Now in the process of sourcing ID for reno.

leeching here for tips very long liao...finally reporting to this thread....

just sign 2app @ blue riverview sembawang hehe...the famous slanted EA 137sqm with no right-angle haha

renovating in progress :)

1. icky -- Jurong East

2. burrppp -- Tampines

3. applefreak -- Seng Kang

4. lakmy -- Pasir Ris

5. damsel in de-stress -- Bedok Reservoir

6. chocolatzz -- Pasir Ris

7. simcity -- Serangoon North

8. rummi -- Seng Kang

9. priyalok -- Seng Kang

10. DoubleJ -- Jurong West

11. khair76-- Pasir Ris