Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

Hi Joho, it's more like icky's thread. :) Welcome to the EA Group too.

Yah the contractors at IMM changes quite frequently, although some say is just change company name... Do share your comments about contractors you have met. How much work needs to be done on your EA?

Mine, I'm waiting to get my hands on the key, although the agent said can ask her to open the door if bringing contractors in for quotation. The owners already moved out so my unit is vacant now.

My first appt is on 26 feb. Mine comes with marble floor, so can save a bit on that, and toilet's refurished 2 years ago so condition quite good. major works needed in the kitchen area and probably the master bedrm for closets space, ceiling too... the cornice very "retro" loh.... the rest of the hse needs a fresh coat of paint... Probably can only start reno in april... so tot i start scouting around for ID/contractors now...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Joho, my 1st appt 17th Feb, a week earlier than yours only. Our timeline likely similar.

Ohhhh, marble floor, so nice. :dribble: Mine living and dining tiles, bedrooms laminate. The laminates gotta redo cos got water damage. The 2 toilets in original HDB condition, so definitely gotta do. Gotta get contractors to check the pipings, wirings, false ceiling and cornices see can continue using or not. Same for MBR wardrobe and Kitchen cabinets, dunno can makeover or must all hack and redo. So until contractors inspect the house, dunno how much damage need to spend on reno yet. :unsure:

But today just made 1st purchase for new house: MBR mattress. :)

May I know how much is the property tax and the tv licence fee for EA? Any other payment? that are different from 4 rooms?

tv licence is the same for all housing type

as for property tax, it's based on the AV

IRAS will send you the amt to pay near the end of the year

or when you take over ownership :yamseng:

Hi Joho, my 1st appt 17th Feb, a week earlier than yours only. Our timeline likely similar.

Ohhhh, marble floor, so nice. :dribble: Mine living and dining tiles, bedrooms laminate. The laminates gotta redo cos got water damage. The 2 toilets in original HDB condition, so definitely gotta do. Gotta get contractors to check the pipings, wirings, false ceiling and cornices see can continue using or not. Same for MBR wardrobe and Kitchen cabinets, dunno can makeover or must all hack and redo. So until contractors inspect the house, dunno how much damage need to spend on reno yet. :unsure:

But today just made 1st purchase for new house: MBR mattress. :)

You found your contractor? Me still looking leh... anyone here got photos of their EA to share?... :dancingqueen:

You found your contractor? Me still looking leh... anyone here got photos of their EA to share?... :dancingqueen:

Joho, you can check out their t-blogs in the signature part under their posts. Very useful references, although looks like not so many EAs around...

Still looking around for contractor. Contacted 5, of which met 2 to date, 2 more to meet up, 1 MIA after contact... You shortlisted already or not?

Joho, you can check out their t-blogs in the signature part under their posts. Very useful references, although looks like not so many EAs around...

Still looking around for contractor. Contacted 5, of which met 2 to date, 2 more to meet up, 1 MIA after contact... You shortlisted already or not?

We contacted 2... still interested in another 3more contractors... planning to contact them soon. Still trying to decide what we really need and what we can do without...

Make an appointment and speak with them. It'll help clarify what you need, and what is optional. At least that's how we felt after speaking with 1 of them, and it was a good experience and impression. :good:

The MIA one got back with quotation. And 1 sotong one gave me someone else's quotation. :rolleyes: Expecting a quotation tomorrow from another one. Quotations rolling in. :dancingqueen: Arranging to meet up with 2 more, so now seriously getting to work. Want to confirm by this month, and hopefully start hacking next.

Hi Hi...

Finally...I manage to log in and post...after a long long try...

I going for my 2nd appt on 27th Feb....my EA @ Tampines....142sqm...

May I know how much are u gals / guys renovation cost? Let say for 100% reno....

Hi Pinky X, welcome! Think applefreak is around there, cos my seller also spent around $60k for their reno, but that is 10 yrs ago... Think ever read in the forum someone spent $100k for EA reno. Think depends on what materials and fittings you want. If you going for full marble floors, and all italian furnitures... :rolleyes:

We budgeted for reno, then realised gotta take into account cost of sanitary fittings, kitchen appliances, furniture, mattresses, and lights, etc., so actually reno budget is less than expected... :( Gotta see what we can live without, or postpone for future works.

eh no lah, mine is really simple renovation

not much carpentry and no design whatsoever

spent less than $20k on renovation

the $60k figure is an average of a renovated EA in my area with feature walls, built-in wardrobes and kitchen cabinet :yamseng:

wow 142sqm, that's so much bigger than most of ours

and i think your's don't have the HHS right?

so far i think EA full reno should be around $60k bah

Hi applefreak....

Oh realli...my EA big har...coz i not sure also...i think at tampines area...mine is consider not at big...i think also got 150sqm one also...

btw...what is HHS huh? :dunno:

Hi Pinky X, welcome! Think applefreak is around there, cos my seller also spent around $60k for their reno, but that is 10 yrs ago... Think ever read in the forum someone spent $100k for EA reno. Think depends on what materials and fittings you want. If you going for full marble floors, and all italian furnitures... :rolleyes:

We budgeted for reno, then realised gotta take into account cost of sanitary fittings, kitchen appliances, furniture, mattresses, and lights, etc., so actually reno budget is less than expected... :( Gotta see what we can live without, or postpone for future works.

Hi Tsubame....

Thank you.... :)

Wow...$100K for reno....must look like palace...me going for 100% reno...coz the unit is very original and age 19 years...we are the 2nd owner on that unit...all need to change....

Hi applefreak....

Oh realli...my EA big har...coz i not sure also...i think at tampines area...mine is consider not at big...i think also got 150sqm one also...

btw...what is HHS huh? :dunno:

hehehe compared to the rest of us, consider quite big already

HHS is the household shelter - the 'storeroom' that cannot be demolished :furious:

hehehe compared to the rest of us, consider quite big already

HHS is the household shelter - the 'storeroom' that cannot be demolished :furious:

Hi applefreak...

OIC...mine dun hv HS but got those normal store room which can be hack one....so the layout is like 4 bedrooms + balcony + store room.... :yamseng: