Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

i deck mine with changai wood to make it into a balcony...

Do we need to seek Management's approval or we can do whatever we want? I was told by an ID that filling the planter with concrete (or anything else to level it) is not allowed as that will affect the structure of the building.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I think you required to seek Management's approval on the decking of planter box. From my understanding, i dun think the management will approved your A&A works. Another way is to deck it over with wood but lay with artificial grass.In this way, the planter box will served as planting purpose as the management will not bother to check thoroughly. Of course, there are few ways of doing, example; water plant

Please remember to check regularly on the floor trap for mosquito breeding if you intend to deck it over.

PLease refer to below explanation on why planter box is not allowed to deck it over.

“Timber decking across planter box or carrying out works to level up planter box into an extended area that may be converted to liveable area e.g. balcony. (Please note that usage of planter box shall be in accordance to Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) definition where planter box is solely for planting purposes.)”

Do we need to seek Management's approval or we can do whatever we want? I was told by an ID that filling the planter with concrete (or anything else to level it) is not allowed as that will affect the structure of the building.

I hear that youc annnot do it. Even for decking. They are pretty strict abt it. When you ID submit designs for reno, they will reject the decking.

Hi all thanks for replying, so how should I seek Management's approval? Sorry sound very stupid but I have no idea how to do it, many thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Difference condo have difference practice. For my condo, any renov works is classified as A&A or renovation works.

1) The owner is required to fill up the renovation applicant forms and place a renovation deposit. From there you fill in the form on the type of renov that you are going to carry out.

2) The objective of the deposit is to prevent any illegal works carry out in the internal unit any damage to the common property. The owner or Subsidiary proprietor is to abid the house rules and renovation guide

3) If approved, the management will issue the renovation permit, if not, they will inform you verbally or written on why the application is not approved.t

Dear all home-owners, please do feel free to contact me for decking and solid-wood / vinyl baywindow tops!

No obligation on-site quotation and sample viewing.

We have satisfied clients at various condominiums like The Coast @ Sentosa Cove, Metropolitan, Regency Suites, The Centris, Park Infinia, Parc Emily, Carabelle, Botannia, Orange Grove Residences, The Quartz, Arc @ Draycott, Pavilion 11, Intero, One Leicester, Amarelle, The Montage, Meyer Residences, Rivergate, The Raintree, St. Regis Residences, One Oxley Rise, Pristine Heights etc...

Pls contact Darren @ 93666246

Cheers

Hi,

Difference condo have difference practice. For my condo, any renov works is classified as A&A or renovation works.

1) The owner is required to fill up the renovation applicant forms and place a renovation deposit. From there you fill in the form on the type of renov that you are going to carry out.

2) The objective of the deposit is to prevent any illegal works carry out in the internal unit any damage to the common property. The owner or Subsidiary proprietor is to abid the house rules and renovation guide

3) If approved, the management will issue the renovation permit, if not, they will inform you verbally or written on why the application is not approved.t

Thank you Birdy :)