Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gunpowder

When Do You Pay Your Housing Agent?

Hi,

Would like some advice from experienced people here.

I had just went for the first appointment for buying a HDB resale flat today. My housing agent actually asked for the commission, but we managed to delay it to the day after tomorrow when we would view the flat for measurement.

I heard from people that we are supposed to pay the housing agent only after everything is complete. Could I check when am I supposed to pay the housing agent the commission?

Many thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

pay on 1st appointment, if not they will charge u interest ...( u can see below the letter).

is the agent company send a letter for u already?usually they will send for u before 1st appointment.

Yes, pay only after everything is completed, else, you will run into risk of cannot find your agent after payment is made.

I received their bill after first appt, but I simply ignored it. My agent said people usually pay during the 2nd appt.

Eventually, I only paid him 1 month after the 2nd appt cos I was busy starting the reno work :P

pay on 1st appointment, if not they will charge u interest ...( u can see below the letter).

is the agent company send a letter for u already?usually they will send for u before 1st appointment.

I didnt see ur letter below..i didnt know we have to pay interest cos we asked for extention to pay on second appointment.

Other agents i spoke to tell me not to pay him until after everyting is over.

I also wonder how come we have to pay gst for commision as well..its very unfair ..

ya the letter should come before first appt but most agents allow u to delay till completion then pay them. no interest should be paid if u make arrangements with them cos they can inform their company one...

if your agent die die wants at first appt... something is wrong... probably wanna disappear after first appt finished...

I didnt see ur letter below..i didnt know we have to pay interest cos we asked for extention to pay on second appointment.

I also wonder how come we have to pay gst for commision as well..its very unfair ..

hahah i mean below ur agent commision letter :D

ya the letter should come before first appt but most agents allow u to delay till completion then pay them. no interest should be paid if u make arrangements with them cos they can inform their company one...

if your agent die die wants at first appt... something is wrong... probably wanna disappear after first appt finished...

maybe im too kanchiong spider paid on 1st appointment 8|

wish my agent not run away if not i will :fire::fire::furious::curse:

waa my first post! haha

anyway, i received an invoice from my agent wayy before the first appointment date. On the first appointment date she told me that we only have to pay after everything is over...but i managed to delay to one month after second appointment date...

but word of caution from alot of people "don't pay until everything is over!"

waa my first post! haha

anyway, i received an invoice from my agent wayy before the first appointment date. On the first appointment date she told me that we only have to pay after everything is over...but i managed to delay to one month after second appointment date...

but word of caution from alot of people "don't pay until everything is over!"

I also receive an invoice way before the first appt too. Similarly, we are not going to give her any comm until after the 2nd appt... and will most likely delay too coz we are not satisfied with the services provided... :furious:

We need to pay GST because its called goods & SERVICE tax..

I also wonder should i pay GST or not..because the agent dat time told me 2.4k.

no choice one lah.. anyway agents don't earn everything. the company got take some money also. so sometimes must spare a thought for agents.. then again.. alot of rogue agents around. hmm.. did i spell that correctly? lol

At 2nd Appointment with HDB.

Reason it out with him/her that what if the seller starts to have withdrawal symptoms, and about the "disclaimers" from HDB that the approval of resale is only "in-principle" subject to many clauses etc - how would the agent himself feel if he/she were to be in your shoes?

You only pay the $2.50 for your chicken rice when the food is served to you completely and in whole right? The last analogy is that GST is charged for goods and services and what the agent performs is a service and therefore we should only pay up when the service is fully rendered (ie. you have no more use of his/her services)

Edited by Starscream