Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GSS

Adjustable Closet Rod

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a closet rod to hang clothes in a cabinet ? I need something short like max 2feet only and hopefully without having to drill holes. I remember seeing some chin-up bars from sports stores which have adjustable bars with suction pads at each end. Are there closet rods like these ?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a closet rod to hang clothes in a cabinet ? I need something short like max 2feet only and hopefully without having to drill holes. I remember seeing some chin-up bars from sports stores which have adjustable bars with suction pads at each end. Are there closet rods like these ?

Thanks!

You can get it at DAISO either PS or IMM.

Hi,

Any ideal how much it roughly cost? Thought of getting one also.

I think jus like me, u have never been to daiso. Everything there is $2 !! But jus one thing, I dont think the closet rods can support over 2 kg as stated on the wrappers. But to hang over a light curtain I think its ok.

u can get this hanging tubing at hardware shop serving the furniture industry.

1) Kim Men at AMK pk 2

2) Fupizat At Blk 1 & B103 Yishun

3) Xin Huat at Blk 1 Yishun

Woodland link, kaki bukit etc ...basically, all ind pk do have hardware shop for carpentry work

u need to buy the both ends ' u' bracketrys to mount onto both side of your cabinet,

measure the exact length of your cabinet minus 3 to 5mm to get the hardware to cut to size for u, remainding portion, bring home.

If your cabinet is very wide, add one more suspension bracket on the middle so that it hold the weight of your clothing.

Edited by gladyslim

I think jus like me, u have never been to daiso. Everything there is $2 !! But jus one thing, I dont think the closet rods can support over 2 kg as stated on the wrappers. But to hang over a light curtain I think its ok.

Everything at $2 :unsure: Is Daiso a deparmental store? May I know where got Daiso? thanks :)

Everything at $2 :unsure: Is Daiso a deparmental store? May I know where got Daiso? thanks :)

Vivio city & IMM... the concept is like Japan 100 yen shops... Everything in Daiso is selling at $2.00..

definitely need to screw something: the 2 holders at both ends to hold the rod. Otherwise the rod won't be able to hold the weight of clothes. U can easily buy those holder + rod from hardware shops. See if they can cut the rod to your required length.

Hi folks,

Need advice.

Bought the rod plus the 2 end holders, plus 2 more holders to hang from the top.

The rod still end up breaking!

The end holder is a rectangular piece with two holes for the screws and the round piece whether the rod fits in.

The 2 round pieces broke and the 2 rectangular pieces is still on the closet wall. :)

Any suggestions?

definitely need to screw something: the 2 holders at both ends to hold the rod. Otherwise the rod won't be able to hold the weight of clothes. U can easily buy those holder + rod from hardware shops. See if they can cut the rod to your required length.

Buy the holder that have 2 corners bend to 'u' shape.

Those sold in diy shops or supermarkest are normally for hanging towels.

I checked around the 1-2 hardware stores around my area, either don't sell or out of stock.

Then dived into the industrial estate (Toa Payoh) and bought 2 U-shaped plastic ones. The owner say plastic one is stronger than metal one. Is it? For me, it at least satisfy one basic criteria of not comprising of 2 parts like the previous one.

Will test it out and see what happens :P

Thanks for advice!

Buy the holder that have 2 corners bend to 'u' shape.

Those sold in diy shops or supermarkest are normally for hanging towels.

It's a squarish steel plate with 2 corners of one end folded to 'v' or 'u' shape to hold round tubing as hanging rod.

Have to get it at hardware shop supporting the carpentry industries or hardware shop selling bettter quality's products.

call kim men; 64813350 (at Blk 3 or 5 AMK ind pk 2A), opposite Blk 20 AMK Techlink, near to seagate and sheng siong of hougang.

Edited by gladyslim

Oh, so it is just a metal rod cut to length with the brackets, not really adjustable as per the title of the thread. Tks.