Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redknapp39

Recommendations For Electrical Shops

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

there are a few thread on this topic , personally i have not been to all that is on that list. Try Goh Ah Bee at Hougang and Everjoint in AMK. Both is good. :yamseng:

Hi,

Any recommendations where I can get good n cheap brand new electrical products? :yamseng:

Hi,

Any recommendations where I can get good n cheap brand new electrical products? :yamseng:

my recommendation is that scout the prices amongst the neighbourhood stores like Goh Ah Bee or Hong Liang or any recommended stores. With the prices in hand, head down to Harvey Norman and talk to a salesperson there and bargain for the price. My experience is that they will match the price (but no instalment) or offer you a price that is just slightly $10 or $20 more than what the neighbourhood stores offer (but can pay by instalment).

So far, I had bought my Fisher & Paykel fridge, F&P dryer and Toshiba washing machine from Harvey Norman. All the items pricing were similar to what I would have got from stores like Hong Liang. Furthermore, there's the attraction of paying by instalment and most importantly, the extended warranty.

just my 2 cents opinion

my recommendation is that scout the prices amongst the neighbourhood stores like Goh Ah Bee or Hong Liang or any recommended stores. With the prices in hand, head down to Harvey Norman and talk to a salesperson there and bargain for the price. My experience is that they will match the price (but no instalment) or offer you a price that is just slightly $10 or $20 more than what the neighbourhood stores offer (but can pay by instalment).

So far, I had bought my Fisher & Paykel fridge, F&P dryer and Toshiba washing machine from Harvey Norman. All the items pricing were similar to what I would have got from stores like Hong Liang. Furthermore, there's the attraction of paying by instalment and most importantly, the extended warranty.

just my 2 cents opinion

Hi,

You mean harvey norman price can discount ? Not fixed price meh?

Hi,

You mean harvey norman price can discount ? Not fixed price meh?

nope...not fixed price. You can always ask the salesperson what is the next best price of the listed price. But of course, if he is able to lower it to what you want, instalment payment option is out. Anyway, even if you buy from neighbourhood store, you also cannot pay by instalment. So might as well go to Harvey Norman, pay the price of the neighbourhood store and at the same time buy extended warranty...that's my opinion lah

How much and how much longer is the extended warranty from Harvey Norman for say LCD TV and Fridge.

nope...not fixed price. You can always ask the salesperson what is the next best price of the listed price. But of course, if he is able to lower it to what you want, instalment payment option is out. Anyway, even if you buy from neighbourhood store, you also cannot pay by instalment. So might as well go to Harvey Norman, pay the price of the neighbourhood store and at the same time buy extended warranty...that's my opinion lah

How much and how much longer is the extended warranty from Harvey Norman for say LCD TV and Fridge.

it depends....they have different pricing based on the value of the item. for example, i bought my F&P dryer for $549 (no instalment) and purchase the 3 year extended warranty for $72. The 3-year warranty will start immediately once the F&P warranty ends in 2 years time. Thus, effectively, I am paying $621 for a F&P dryer for a 5-year warranty

Hi,

Try HOng Tai at Jurong West blk 50x, next to market, i bought a joven, fridge, wall fan, I cannot find a better prices than them..

actually anyone though of asking friends working at Panasonic, Toshiba, etc..

They may have staff discount on electrical appliances so better prices than buying outside

:dancingqueen:

Delivery will be a problem. So u gotta self-collect at their warehouse.

Delivery will be a problem. So u gotta self-collect at their warehouse.

oh yah.. self collect too for bulky items such as fridge and washing machine?