Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweetie76

Park Central @amk

Regret not picking up a EM/EA that time.. only about 30k to 40k difference.. but no need to upgrade liao... lol..

Well, we bot 5rm initally @ west area, now regretted cos of the distance.

Now we are considering downgrade to a smaller flat in central area,

we can only buy resale & bank loan ... :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Regret not picking up a EM/EA that time.. only about 30k to 40k difference.. but no need to upgrade liao... lol..

Sorta regret as well. There were a few Walk-in units avail in AMK. About four 5 rooms and three 4 rooms in St 32 (Blk 350-54). The 4 rooms were small abt 92 sqm and on very low floors 2nd to 4th. 5rms were on 7th to 10th flr, so I quickly put my 2K down w/o even looking @ a floor plan. Going for a song that time ... 315K.

at same time there was also a walk in EA avail near AMK central, blk 700 and something. Was only going at 400+K but was also on 2nd floor and looked to be overlooking the rubbish point rather clearly. Decided on the 5rm b/c of location and only 4 blks in the area.

think timing of entrance to the market is really important

for those who can't wait, just a case of bad luck

i was really lucky to have entered just before the market boom

so paid slightly above $300k for a 134sqm EA

that's why i find the price of the 4R AMK DBSS totally ridiculous :notti:

Well i think the time of having a surplus of 10,000-20,000 PUBLIC housing r already over.. So IMHO, to b lucky n wait for a gd price where our ms apple got will not b such in a near time . BTO's as we know r concentrating at suburban areas from the central.. how many chances do u hv on remaking-mature estate like the recent annouced DAWSON estate?.. I reckon the next DBSS price at toa payoh after bishan.. wld b more ridculous than AMK DBSS..

Those who can afford AMK DBSS might as well wait for pte condo's.. where oversupply in that areas might b a case in near future..

Edited by FD1976

I am staying in TPY. As for the price of the next DBSS in TPY... really shouldn't be too expensive... because location wise not that fantastic... situated in between TPY & Braddell MRT... neither here or there... at least 15 mins walk to both MRT stations.

The only good point about it is, opposite is the wet market + hawker centre.

In case some of you are not aware of, a 3-room corner flat in TPY sold for $330 in May. Just a mid-floor unit but facing the bus interchange... sheltered walkpath all the way to HDB Hub.

I am staying in TPY. As for the price of the next DBSS in TPY... really shouldn't be too expensive... because location wise not that fantastic... situated in between TPY & Braddell MRT... neither here or there... at least 15 mins walk to both MRT stations.

The only good point about it is, opposite is the wet market + hawker centre.

In case some of you are not aware of, a 3-room corner flat in TPY sold for $330 in May. Just a mid-floor unit but facing the bus interchange... sheltered walkpath all the way to HDB Hub.

Well i guess mature estate like TPY n AMK etc.. still spell alot for most public housing seekers.. its like a SQ brand to the locals.. Pretty much i hope i wld strike the 8 million TOTO draw next wk so i cld afford a foot in these SQ branded mature estate plc.. but i guess in reality i wld focus more on suburban brand like tiger punggol/sengkang where i guess.. there's less ERP's n less wilson automated carparks.. n fresher air

Gosh.. :disturb:

I would like to think that HDB has awarded the reno of the flats to multiple vendors. I doubt it would be the lowest quote, prob mid-range. If there isn't a huge take up for the development, I am guessing that developers will have to lower the prices to make a sale. Afterall there will be an over supply of projects from 2010 onwards. If possible, maybe play a wait and see game.

Agreed. Now they are releasing flats with a price tag that most find it unaffordable because the completed supply now is limited. Come 2010, there will be surplus!!

Agreed. Now they are releasing flats with a price tag that most find it unaffordable because the completed supply now is limited. Come 2010, there will be surplus!!

Surplus most likely YES for pte housing.. But highly NO for public housing.. Rem our BTO's? It under controlled for now.. :bangwall:

Surplus most likely YES for pte housing.. But highly NO for public housing.. Rem our BTO's? It under controlled for now.. :bangwall:

No problem, people like us who own a HDB flat will sell ours and buy those surplus private units in 2010 :notti:

No problem, people like us who own a HDB flat will sell ours and buy those surplus private units in 2010 :notti:

Haha... its really an option to explore but i guess its no fun shifting here n there unless i can afford then or need an upgrade.. Its always how deep my pocket is rather than how deep my heart felt esp property investment.. I typical singaporean.. Kian si.. kian su.. kian bor.. kian cheng woo.. kian bo looi $$ :D

The way i see it, the days of large surpluses are over, as a fellow forumer has already said.

the surplus in 2-4 yrs time everyone is hoping for would most probably come from the left over/unwanted 20% balance units from the recent BTOs in Punggol / Sengkang, etc. (These will be completed in 3-4 years time)

The only decent surplus units would come from the high end private properties market, which a majority, 90%, of singaporeans would still not be able to afford. (assumming they really fall 20-30% from their current prices)

Over 2,300 applications received for condo-style public ParkCentral@AMK flats

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 06 August 2008 1351 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's third condominium-style public housing project, ParkCentral@AMK received over 2,300 applications at the end of a two-week sales period. That's four times more than the total number of units available.

The project will comprise 578 units of four and five-room flats, including 20 penthouse apartments.

Its developer, United Engineers said Park Central has garnered lots of interest with a turnout of over 23,000 visitors at its showflats.

Application for the flats ended on Tuesday and the balloting and selection process will start in mid September.

Despite being oversubscribed now, not every application will translate into sales.

That's because observers said successful applicants could still change their mind about buying the property after being selected.

This was evident in the sale of a similar public housing project City View @ Boon Keng, where it was five times oversubscribed, but only 66 per cent of the units were sold after balloting.

City View's marketing agent said one reason for the lukewarm take up rate, was that many of the applicants did not meet the eligibility criteria laid out by the public housing board.

So potential buyers were screened by the developer of Park Central to make sure they fulfil the necessary requirements before applying for the flats.

It's hoped that this will minimise distortion to the application numbers and speed up processing time. - CNA/vm

SINGAPORE: Singapore's third condominium-style public housing project, ParkCentral@AMK received over 2,300 applications at the end of a two-week sales period. That's four times more than the total number of units available.

The project will comprise 578 units of four and five-room flats, including 20 penthouse apartments.

Its developer, United Engineers said Park Central has garnered lots of interest with a turnout of over 23,000 visitors at its showflats.

Application for the flats ended on Tuesday and the balloting and selection process will start in mid September.

Despite being oversubscribed now, not every application will translate into sales.

That's because observers said successful applicants could still change their mind about buying the property after being selected.

This was evident in the sale of a similar public housing project City View @ Boon Keng, where it was five times oversubscribed, but only 66 per cent of the units were sold after balloting.

City View's marketing agent said one reason for the lukewarm take up rate, was that many of the applicants did not meet the eligibility criteria laid out by the public housing board.

So potential buyers were screened by the developer of Park Central to make sure they fulfil the necessary requirements before applying for the flats.

It's hoped that this will minimise distortion to the application numbers and speed up processing time. - CNA/vm

So far seem like no further news on the actual no of sales...

Even though the inflation rate is in record high, there are still so many people chiong for the expensive condo-style HDB flats.

So, Singaporeans must be getting richer liao, or they are very desperate to get a flat :unsure:

Hi, do you all know how is the payment terms like for DBSS flat if i were to take bank loan ?

The 1st 5% in CASH, then the 2nd payment, (9weeks from option to purchase) , is this in CASH or CPF ? :dunno: Some say CPF, some say CASH, i am confused..