Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vinteo

Need Help In Deferment Of Marriage Cert.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oic.

The HDB office just called me.

They say the maximum defer is only 6mths.

I think i will that and defer 1st.. then when they ask for it.. i defer again.. hehe..

Hi Vinteo

I deferred my submission for the marriage cert too (for 13 months!) I'm getting my flat on Friday, but my rom is the end of next year.

I just wrote them a letter to assure them I am definitely getting married next year, and showed all of my receipts.

Oic.

The HDB office just called me.

They say the maximum defer is only 6mths.

I think i will that and defer 1st.. then when they ask for it.. i defer again.. hehe..

Hi khriz,

Thanks for you reply.

Well i guess your facts makes sense and i have some ease in mind now.

Btw did your friend write in to defer? or just do nothing and wait for HDB to send letter to them??

Normally how long does HDB takes to reply your fax/mails?

hahaha... a bunch of questions again hor... lol

They deferred once when they take the keys, then everytime HDB writes to them, they will reply with another reason for deferment.

Why bother to wait for the HDB to reply your fax/mails? Just write in and if HDB dun care, you also dun care lor...lol...

Hi khriz,

Thanks for you reply.

Well i guess your facts makes sense and i have some ease in mind now.

Btw did your friend write in to defer? or just do nothing and wait for HDB to send letter to them??

Normally how long does HDB takes to reply your fax/mails?

hahaha... a bunch of questions again hor... lol

1. Fengshui says no good, so need to defer.

2. Someone died in the family, so cannot get married, bad luck.

3. Career advancement, need to travel alot.

4. Financial problems, need to do proper planning (honesty is best policy!)

Its really very easy to get deferment for this lah; remember HDB is a privatised organization now, they got stakeholders to report to and they ARE a profitable organization. So in that perspective, after they already sold the flat to you successfully, do you think they will go all the trouble to repossess the flat from you, legal fees, paperwork, etc and take the meat out of their own mouth??

Unless they have reasons to believe that both of you are not intending to get married at all, and currently earning money by renting the flat out or something, they usually will not repossess lah. A real life example, got a friend who gotten their flat since 2005 and finally going to renovate and ROM only in Nov'08. Nothing happened to them and they told me for the whole period, HDB only wrote to them three times on their marriage cert.

So dun fret and congrats in your new flat!! ;)

Hi all,

I recently OTP for a flat in Tampines under the F/F scheme... and me and my gf is planning to get married in Sept 2009.

I know that i will be required to submit my Marriage Cert on the day of the possession of the flat.

I heard from my agent say that I can defer to submit the Marriage Cert.

If i may bluntly ask, what 'reasons' did u all give?

Is it very easily to get approval?

Cos i am going to write my "magic letter" for approval.

Cos my gf and I are very low at our financial (becoz of the flat), and dun wanna jus get marriage in a rush and 'unplanned' way.

Thank you in advance.

(troubled) :(