Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeff44oh

Bangkok Trip On Sep08. Any Recommendation?

Dear friend out there,

I am going to Bangkok this Sep08 and is first time there (free & easy). so do you have any recommemdation on where to stay, what to eat, where to shop.....

Thanks

:sport-smiley-003:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear friend out there,

I am going to Bangkok this Sep08 and is first time there (free & easy). so do you have any recommemdation on where to stay, what to eat, where to shop.....

Thanks

:sport-smiley-003:

BKK got a few places to shop.. such as MBK, the shopping area opposite it(froget the name liao) link via a bridge toward hardrock cafe direction, Platimun mall(mostly gal stuff), pratunam market oppos platimun mall.. higher end places like siam paragram, siam square, central n etc.. Suan Lum Night Bazzar, weekend can go to Chachuchar market.. Patong market(which i find nothing much), khao san rd(more for backpackers), chinatown(sharkfin n etc).. n many more...

accomomdation is up to individual... cos there are a lot of hotels there depend on where u wanna stay.. like prathuwan princess at MBK, Baiyokte sky, suite or Regent hotel at Pratunam area... etc

Eat whatever u can find!! sharkfin, birdnest, tom yam, street food like fried cricket, meat sticks and their local delicacies..

if u like to go clubbing, there are a lot of pubs, ah go go pubs.. haha

Last but not least.. u must go for their MASSAGE.. is cheap n good!!

:)

places to stay depends on yr budget. go for hotels located along the major shopping malls like arnoma & grand hyatt (near siam paragon & BTS), pathunwan princess (just next to MBK), amari watergate (just opp Platinum shopping mall). there are many small boutique hotels located along silom area they are not bad too (ie. www.ballys-studio.com or http://www.staywithluxx.com.

shopping places not to be missed (in my opinion) are chatuchak (opens only weekends), suam lum (opens only after 6pm), platinum (wholesale shopping mall, sales pitch: "1 for 350Baht, 2 for 300Baht, 3 for 250Baht" :). best shopping experience - siam paragon, central world. food not to be missed - hong kong cafe on the ground floor of MBK, next to taxi stand. try the taro basket with 5 "treasures". MBK food court's sticky rice w/mango (of course everywhere also have lah, but this one is cheap and good). first timers may want to chk out the cabaret show (i watched a very professional one before but I can't remember where already. u can ask the hotel conceriege).

Edited by latitude

i stayed at centrepoint service apartment just opp platinium mall,not cheap at about SG $100 per nite but i like the service and it is near to main road and pratunuam. just at the junction got a 24hrs BK. and 2 massage shops. good location but pretty far from the nearest MTR at Asia HOtel, the next i would recommend would be Asia lo, most convenient as beside MTR only. price cheaper abit.

shopping alot la,MBK,platinium mall,got the local maps at airport and you will be fine...

eat anything...hahaha...

i always go 3-4 times a yr. always free and easy...

just explore around