Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Front Gate + Front Door Lock

i need to find someone to change my front gate and my front door handle+lock.

any recommendations from anyone?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can DIY... Not difficult as most of the new lock packing comes with instruction guide.

My bf who is an Accounting auditor & knows nothing abt electronics/mechanics changed them for my house.

If you are using a contractor/ID for your house reno, can ask him to do it for you FOC.

You can DIY... Not difficult as most of the new lock packing comes with instruction guide.

My bf who is an Accounting auditor & knows nothing abt electronics/mechanics changed them for my house.

If you are using a contractor/ID for your house reno, can ask him to do it for you FOC.

hi

any shops u recommend to buy the door lock? went imm today, the locks pricing machiam made of gold one leh..

Shanghai tong Lee hardware

200 jalan sultan #01-01

textile centre

locks..padlocks..and etc..

I bought all my locks from this shop too. Has many varieties and price very reasonable. Cheaper than those gold plated ones in IMM :notti:

any measurements i need to take? coz i go imm they tell me measure from center of handle to center of keyhole, center of keyhole to side of door, and the door thickness. any other measurements to take care of?

The safest way is to dismantle your existing locks & bring them with you to the shop. You can never go wrong.

My reno contractor did the dismantling work & my bf brought them with him to the shop when he did the buying.

The safest way is to dismantle your existing locks & bring them with you to the shop. You can never go wrong.

My reno contractor did the dismantling work & my bf brought them with him to the shop when he did the buying.

hmm...dunno can dismantle or not, coz my reno is done, dismantle means my door no lock for a few hrs!! :o:o

anyway what is the price range there? if not more than $20 from imm maybe i'll juz buy from imm, nearer my house save the transportation.

Get a padlock, you will still use one in future to lock your gate, won't you?

This one really can't answer you cos I believe different brands/models diff pricing. The most important thing is, I was not the one who went to the shop, it was my bf :P I stay in TPY, so IMM is too far away for me to check price range.

My main door lock + gate lock cost < $60 in total. Consider cheaper than those in IMM? :unsure:

Get a padlock, you will still use one in future to lock your gate, won't you?

This one really can't answer you cos I believe different brands/models diff pricing. The most important thing is, I was not the one who went to the shop, it was my bf :P I stay in TPY, so IMM is too far away for me to check price range.

My main door lock + gate lock cost < $60 in total. Consider cheaper than those in IMM? :unsure:

definitely cheaper, from what i saw in IMM yest, minimum is $120+. $60 is much cheaper, but think depends on design ba.

i'll padlock la, but door wun be secured, ppl can look in when im away for a few hrs. anyway thanks for the help! :good::good:

What is a good brand for one key to rule it all - open the door, gate, padlock, and post box?

Where to get?

DURO, except the postbox. Can find it in Home-fix stores.

What is a good brand for one key to rule it all - open the door, gate, padlock, and post box?

Where to get?

DURO. They have a package that includes gate lock, door and the postbox, all using same key.

i think the price is about $210 or so. anyway price is standard. cannot find some shopes selling cheaper than the others.

Hi baldeagle, it is safer not to get postbox key. As in if you accidentally forget to remove the key from the letter box, it is easily identified with the "durolock" imprint and anyone can also easily enter your hse with the key.

Just my 2 cents worth....

It is up to individual and no doubt the convenience is there....