Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingwei_98

Need Help - I Wan To Build My Own Wardrobe. Attach Design Of My Drawings

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think I should construct one too but I need to get a jig saw first. Are u mounting one end to the wall to 'hold' the force?

Yeah, I'll be mounting one end to wall using steel bracket, the bottom I thinking of using glue to hold it in place. And I only have a handheld angle grinder with a wood cutter blade. :unsure:

Thanks so much guys for all the feedback!!

getting my wood this weekend.. getting my wardrobe done this sunday!!

woots!

Waiting to see your cabinet .

what is the total cost of your plywoods.

I checked 18mm plywood $38/-, 18mm spvc - $40/- and BBCC - $33.50

Edited by gladyslim

Yeah, I'll be mounting one end to wall using steel bracket, the bottom I thinking of using glue to hold it in place. And I only have a handheld angle grinder with a wood cutter blade. :unsure:

Just drill 2 holes on the end panel which is to be mounted to the wall.i.e the top panel is removable.

U finally bought that 4" angle grinder but to me it not much use in residential. Use it to remove tile or on metal works- with cup brush, sanding flap wheels etc,

Careful when using this. It's a high speed tool about 14,700rmp. Must grab tightly when in use, use goggles, ear plug and watch the sparks when ginding, it can burns the paper causing fire.

Edited by gladyslim

How is the wardrobe, stuck with the laminating?

I hope to see the finish project so that I can build one on my own too.

If you need help for a physical look of such wardrobe to gain more ideas of how to do it & you are near TPY, can drop by my place. Just pm me.

I bought a ready-made wardrobe with sliding door + inner sliding mirror.

:yamseng:

How much u pay for that. I asked around, it about $290/- to $320/- depending on the lenght of the mirror.

I am looking for the direct manufacturer- any recomendation?

check this for the sliding hardware:

www.seawalk.com, - Architecture, - sliding door gear and roller & track.

Edited by gladyslim

Hi, does anyone know where to get the anti-dust strip? I bought my sliding door wardrobe (self designed) from IKEA but I didnt' check carefully and only some of the doors have that strip and mine happens to be the one that doesn't.

thanks

Thank you everyone for all your feedback and help..

some wood i used.. wood quality was ok 7/10.. laminate not so good 3/10.. peal off easily when scratched.. also very thin layer only..

snc00002cp3.jpg

Sorry guys for not updating!!

Wife gave birth.. baby boy been naughty.. lolz.. been so freeking busy.. plus doing up my room.. okok

Project fail....................... Long Story if u wanna read.. lolz.. but i'll try to cut short..

:( **** sad..

I tried to build it but it took me and my dad quite a lot of trouble.. Structuring the whole design is ok.. meaning to say getting it in place and screw it in is easy BUT.. my flooring for wardrobe area is uneven, hence the wardrobe is uneven and also quite unstable.. i had enhance the design in the bottom part which u can see in my picture.. added some wood strip 2 cm by 2 cm to make it more stable also ended up shakey... spent quite a lot of time and money on this project.. main reason for my fail project is my house structure is bad.. floor is really uneven. also my ceiling has got a chunk of wall that obstruct me to build it properly.. screwing in the rod for hanger and getting pieces of wood to make my small drawers are also a little challange.. one big challange was the Sliding door...... tried to do a simple sliding door was also a challange.. i tried to save money on that so had alot of trouble.. used some tools to make a simple groove on the top and bottom of the door area, it's 1 CM.. insert my door in WHICH I WAS SO STUPID TO NOT THINK THE DOOR WAS SO SOFT AND THIN!!!! and was so hard to get it in.. after it was in i cant even close or open properly.. ****... the groves i made was not very even.. also it's wood rubbing against wood.. so rough.. whole project was heavy also... trying to lift it up to adjust the bottom adding screws and L shape support also tough.. Blame it on my weird ceiling..

soooooooo much to explain.. man i will try and answer u guys questions if u ask me.. lolz.. can't remember all the details and no time for update!! feel free to ask me anything..

sorry guys no pictures taken during building.. was so piss off with it that i can't be bothered to take pictures.. haiz..

but!!!!!!!!!!! now i'm doing to redo it!!! this time with my carpenters!! (from my company) haha... not long ago had been asking them about questions.. and now they offered to help me for free diner!! lolz. and free supply or good quality wood!!! wahhaaaa!!! with all their knowledge and skills i hope this time i can build it nicely!!

Edited by tingwei_98

Hi tingwei, congrats to ur newly arrival of ur 'Product'... kekeke

Nice try out on ur buliding of wardrobe... But frankly, u lack of knowledge in constructing...

U need fix n tighten the carcass (against wall, floor n ceiling) using 'water level' ruler de... Stuff n stack the perimeter carcass is needed... The perimeter is use for trmming the uneveness... All floor n ceiling is not even de, tads y u need tis ruler to mark the right angles for ur sliding doors... Wardrobe w/ casement door is easier than sliding...

Eg. total ht is 2650mm. minus top 100mm n bottom 100mm allowance, ur cabinet size will be 2450mm... always use the floor as starting point.. After constructing water level base, slot ur rdy made cabinet carcass onto it... Same like playing 'lego', stack from bottom... Wads left is the top allowance opening, same thing, stack till its unmovable... carcass is up... So on n on....

Water leveling ruler is a vital hardware for constructing customized cabinets... When ur carpenters starts hands on wif u, u'll say many "orh, ya hor, should do like tad hor, y i so careless ar".. Many orh n hor etc de.... kekeke

lmao

My teaching comes abit too late liao...

(I did my own 12ft build-in wardrobe when i was 21. My Technical n Maths scores A in my 'o'level, imagine how itchy my hand is... But my english got a 'D'.... kekeke)

Went to my uncle's factory to work n learn for part-times during my school age, like to glue laminates (glue smell quite nice leh), drilling screws for fun (zernnn zernnn), use hammer (kongg kongg kongg)

To think bk olden days, So fun n exciting yet gain knowledge w/o stress... hahaha

Tingwei, enjoy ur construction ar...

PS, dun 4get to feed ur 'product' every 2hrs at night ar... Let ur lovely 'producer' REST WELL ar, so she'll willing to produce more!!!

kekeke

Edited by de_Pierre