Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Herman1609

Help! My Wall Is Poking My Stove!

Hi Guys,

Would like to get suggestions on how to solve this problem. My FSM did an audit of the house, and only found 1 main problem with the house : the stove position.

My FSM told me to extend the stove facing wall to fully "cover" my stove, as now it is only half covered.

2487982-holder-5c7378a51e39f7bee6ae58174

2487981ed592ea4930d9ce81bd2fa76d62c4946.

But problem is there is not enough space to do so! If i extend, then cannot walk already! 1 idea given by the contractor is to build out a round wooden "cabinet", so the angle of the wall is rounded, instead of 90 degrees angle. However it still will not "cover" the entire stove. There is no space to shift the stove, and cutting into the wall to round it off will not work either...

Any ideas?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

lose wealth.

a stove should not be seen while standing at the kitchen entrance.

depending on the angle visible while standing in the living room - or worse...main door.

a chinese partition might be of some help.

Thanks mace for the super quick response!

Actually my initial understanding was also the visibility issue from the door/livingroom/ etc too. So thought of doing partition, or doors/curtains at my kitchen entrance to cover the stove from view.

But after clarifying with Master Ang, he told me its more of the arrow from the facing wall angle poking at the stove. Not so much of hiding the stove from view from living room/door... tricky!

lose wealth.

depending on the angle visible while standing in the living room - or worse...main door.

lose wealth.

but now many pple doing open concept.hack storeroom, kitchen entrance that even the whole kitchen is visible from the living room...actually no good?

My FSM told me as long as the stove is not facing the main door, its ok. (putting aside the calculations for ur bazi, etc etc) Can be seen from an angle from the door, etc etc is ok, and very hard to avoid anyhow.

but now many pple doing open concept.hack storeroom, kitchen entrance that even the whole kitchen is visible from the living room...actually no good?

Thanks mace for the super quick response!

Actually my initial understanding was also the visibility issue from the door/livingroom/ etc too. So thought of doing partition, or doors/curtains at my kitchen entrance to cover the stove from view.

But after clarifying with Master Ang, he told me its more of the arrow from the facing wall angle poking at the stove. Not so much of hiding the stove from view from living room/door... tricky!

arrowing the stove....worst.

it will be like the old chinese saying - meat by the side of your mouth but suddenly disappeared. lost of income cut at least by half.

up to individual to believe - open concept kitchen suits certain pple with certain bazi.

My FSM told me as long as the stove is not facing the main door, its ok. (putting aside the calculations for ur bazi, etc etc) Can be seen from an angle from the door, etc etc is ok, and very hard to avoid anyhow.

haha. ok. so as long as from main door cannot see den can liao. heng ah. cos i doing open concept kitchen. if like tat, from whole house can c de stove -_-"

but if from main door, definitely cant see de stove =p

Since you have engaged a FSM, should not he be giving you suggestions/proposal/remedies how to improve the situation rather than you asking for suggestion here?

His proposal is either to

1) Extend the wall (not enough space to do so)

2) Shift the stove (not enough space, otherwise major overhaul required)

So im here to see if anyone here can think of alternatives which does not cost a bomb... then i can ask my FSM if that idea is do-able.

Since you have engaged a FSM, should not he be giving you suggestions/proposal/remedies how to improve the situation rather than you asking for suggestion here?

His proposal is either to

1) Extend the wall (not enough space to do so)

2) Shift the stove (not enough space, otherwise major overhaul required)

So im here to see if anyone here can think of alternatives which does not cost a bomb... then i can ask my FSM if that idea is do-able.

or after cooking...use a cover to cover the stove? like those stainless cover...?

Can you replace the existing stove with a smaller one? One that is only half what you have now? At least you dun have to shift the stove which is major work.

You just need the contractor to fabricate a cover which you can used to put your food ingredients when cooking.

Also stove should not facing the bedroom of a couple who is trying to conceive. It should also not face the toilet otherwise it will cause bad health.

And stove should not face the rubbish chute too.

other than FengShui issue and point of view.

i personally don quite like the open concept de kitchen

cos don like to have the whole house with oily smell or mixtures of food de smell... =X

i wonder if to put this door curtains will help to lighten the sha-qi?

to shift the stove you need to shift the hoob.

or you can change the stove to the electronic ones (induction cooker type), den just cover the hole?

you can place your electric 'stove' inner and hide from being seen from kitchen entrance?

Thanks all for the suggestions!

In the end i bought a smaller stove And shifted the position of the stove "hole" a few inches to the right. So now the corner of the stove is no longer poking at my stove :)