Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Test

What To Do With Bay Windows

I saw some units getting a contractor to lay timber on bay windows to create seating area. Others suggested laying laminated wood to cover bays. Showflat put a customized 1-piece vinyl cushion to cover over the bay.

Just wondering if anyone has any contractors good at doing any of the above to recommend? can't really find any contacts online except for goodhill (they do planter deckings). If you have pics to share, that would be super as well. Any other ideas would be appreciated too.

Thx in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Helo, hope i can help you.

acutally there are many ways to do a baywindow.

U can place cushion there if u have a good view outside your window

or you love to spend time on the baywindow.

Or u can put laminate on top but beware of scratches.but its cost-friendly

Or even granite on top but there will be a joint line after the 6ft mark.

granite is hard but its not cost-friendly.

Cheers

Helo, hope i can help you.

acutally there are many ways to do a baywindow.

U can place cushion there if u have a good view outside your window

or you love to spend time on the baywindow.

Or u can put laminate on top but beware of scratches.but its cost-friendly

Or even granite on top but there will be a joint line after the 6ft mark.

granite is hard but its not cost-friendly.

Cheers

hey thx heaps for your ideas. Do you have any contacts for the laminates? hunting high and low for a contact who does bay windows

granite is interesting but definitely costly.

for cushions, am wary of hot afternoon sun fading/deteriorating the fabric/leather etc.

hey thx heaps for your ideas. Do you have any contacts for the laminates? hunting high and low for a contact who does bay windows

granite is interesting but definitely costly.

for cushions, am wary of hot afternoon sun fading/deteriorating the fabric/leather etc.

I saw one bay window from the magazine very nice. It has a bright red vinyl/leather cushion on top of the bay window and the cushion extend up the two strips of wall and the strip at the ceiling is also covered with the same cushion. It sort of frame up the window nicely and definitely looks cozy enough to laze around (if there is no afternoon sun).

I saw one bay window from the magazine very nice. It has a bright red vinyl/leather cushion on top of the bay window and the cushion extend up the two strips of wall and the strip at the ceiling is also covered with the same cushion. It sort of frame up the window nicely and definitely looks cozy enough to laze around (if there is no afternoon sun).

Hmmm, that's an interesting concept to think about. most probably window needs to be quite a large area or risk making whole area look more confined with above design. would be interesting to see the pic of described design definitely.

thx for sharing the idea. for me, likely not enough budget to venture into this idea. i think will most probably keep it simple. either make a neutral color cushion with material that can tahan a bit of afternoon sun or wood laminating the surface with movable cushions or tatami mats / cushions on top.

laminate as in laminate like those cabinet not those laminated flooring.

Its better to look for contracters rather than designer for small projects as designers will mark up a lot

laminate as in laminate like those cabinet not those laminated flooring.

Its better to look for contracters rather than designer for small projects as designers will mark up a lot

Thx Art Ching. yes, looking for cheapest solution.

floor laminates for bay windows will be more hardy but not as nice looking (bay windows will end up looking like floors). so yes, trying to find someone that can do cabinet sort of laminate for bays instead.

no problem.

hope can help.

you can walk into any contracter film and say u wanna laminate on your bay window.

done!! ^^

laminated flooring on bay window is hard to be done as they use the click system.

usually for large area.

cheers

Maybe you can do the bay window by cover the ledge with cement casting and finishing with painting. That maybe not so costly which i think so.

no problem.

hope can help.

you can walk into any contracter film and say u wanna laminate on your bay window.

done!! ^^

laminated flooring on bay window is hard to be done as they use the click system.

usually for large area.

cheers

hi there, id quoted me $600 for a cushion for baywindow.....i went to an old cushion shop and they quoted me $140 without plywood inside the cushion. it's pvc and the uncle says it can withstand sun and it can last....u got any advice??? also am looking to do up my planter with chengai wood, id quoted $1700....

tks

I saw some units getting a contractor to lay timber on bay windows to create seating area. Others suggested laying laminated wood to cover bays. Showflat put a customized 1-piece vinyl cushion to cover over the bay.

Just wondering if anyone has any contractors good at doing any of the above to recommend? can't really find any contacts online except for goodhill (they do planter deckings). If you have pics to share, that would be super as well. Any other ideas would be appreciated too.

Thx in advance.

hi there, id quoted me $600 for a cushion for baywindow.....i went to an old cushion shop and they quoted me $140 without plywood inside the cushion. it's pvc and the uncle says it can withstand sun and it can last....u got any advice??? also am looking to do up my planter with chengai wood, id quoted $1700....

tks

tks

Hi ledd_777. I read your thread with interest. I am currently thinking of a way to do up the bay windows in my house. May I have to name and address of the old cushion shop that you have come across? You may email me at franklkk@yahoo.com. Thanks

tks

May i ask what the plywood is for in the cushion?

Anyone knows if laminates can withstand the sun? Will they crack or discolour?

May i ask what the plywood is for in the cushion?

Anyone knows if laminates can withstand the sun? Will they crack or discolour?

Check out my link, i have gritter glass, solid top and acylic top for my 3 bay windows

Visit My Website

tks

Could you pls let me have the contact of the cushion shop, pls email me at cindypaulyn@yahoo.com.sg.

Many thanks :D