Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

The Age Of The Flat - How Does It Affect Valuation?

I wonder how much does the age of the flat affect the valuation.

Say among a 10-yr, 20-yr and 30-yr flat.

Would buyers be willing to spend a few hundred thousand to buy a 30-yr flat? (though I must admit that a 30-yr flat in Sgp nowadays are still pretty well-maintained)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i'm sure the age of the flat affects valuation, other things being equal

but ppl r still willing to pay...look at some of the charming 3-rm walk up flats at tiong bahru Lim Siak St going for $300k

on another note... banks may not extend the full loan duration for old flats

i got an OLD flat recently, close to 40 years recently, & m surprised tat the bank is only willing to grant a 14 year loan thou i'm eligible for a full 30 yr loan based on my age

but ppl r still willing to pay...look at some of the charming 3-rm walk up flats at tiong bahru Lim Siak St going for $300k

i got an OLD flat recently, close to 40 years recently, & m surprised tat the bank is only willing to grant a 14 year loan thou i'm eligible for a full 30 yr loan based on my age

Normally, what is the difference between one that has upgraded lift compare to one that has not? Thanks!

Normally, what is the difference between one that has upgraded lift compare to one that has not? Thanks!

The diff is, your flat can probably sell more if the lift at your block has been upgraded to stop at every floor.

I wonder how much does the age of the flat affect the valuation.

Say among a 10-yr, 20-yr and 30-yr flat.

Would buyers be willing to spend a few hundred thousand to buy a 30-yr flat? (though I must admit that a 30-yr flat in Sgp nowadays are still pretty well-maintained)

Btw, Daniel, howcome you are willing to buy such an "old" flat? (if u dun mind i say that)

Btw, Daniel, howcome you are willing to buy such an "old" flat? (if u dun mind i say that)

location and the floor area, might be

Guest our-home

When we had the valuation of our 4-room flat in Serangoon North done, I got a rough idea what contributes to the valuation price most.

In order of importance:

- location (different HDB estates, different price)

- amenities (near MRT, central area etc)

- age/condition of flat

which old flat did u buy? gd luck ;)

The diff is, your flat can probably sell more if the lift at your block has been upgraded to stop at every floor.

Is it true that after lift upgrading, the value of the flat will be worthed $20-$30k more?

Is it true that after lift upgrading, the value of the flat will be worthed $20-$30k more?

I don't think so... Since we only need to pay $1-$2K for the upgrading work... The most I think is one can ask for $5-$10K more when selling.

Most of the 3-room flats in TPY near to the central are sold for > $300K now... All the 3-room flats in TPY are very old with age > 35 yrs.

the ones at my neighbourhood Jalan Bahagia / Jalan Mamor are also very old - about 36 years old. Bank does not give full 30 year loan becos of its age.