Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Feng Shui Tip - Kitchen

This is a specific question which answer is different from house to house.

First of all, the house must have harmonious Qi flowing throughout. Has anybody heard of 水火即濟? It means Water and Fire in perfect harmony. In Yi Jing, this is the last 2nd hexagram where things are completed, accomplished. Near perfection not but not perfection. (Why not perfection? Cos in life we shouldnt seek 100% - then there will be no room to improve and work for, and then the downhill will definitely come.) For such a house with good Qi, even if the sink n stove are opp to each other it does not matter.

For most houses, which are not in state of harmonious Qi, then being opp to each other is the biggest no-no. Side by side is no problem just give it 1-2 feet apart for pracical reasons. The caveat is for LOCATION/SECTOR of such configuration in NW and SW in GENERAL. This is becos NW and SW are Heavenly Gate and Earth Gate, 天地門. You dun want Fire and Water to be in those location which in bad years will cause health issues.

Side track: All things being equal, North-South houses are superior to than others. Water and Fire are life forces. People who know a little about TCM will understand why.

Hi, my brother told me that where I'm going to put my queen size bed is against the feng shui. He told me I can't put my bed close to the window. No good as he's not sure for what reason only knew something to do with Qi. Can you advise me? Below is my floor plan.

We tried to reposition the bed but still find that this is the best way to place our bed. What if we cover the window with curtains and don't open the window but open the side window on the left wall instead? Does this help? :unsure:

2307817190063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

colourful,

i think if you really wanna follow the fengshui layout hor

best is don have any tv set in the room loh... and no WIW too....cos fengshui don encourage room-in-room concept. (correct me if im wrong pls)

so how? you want design, or you want fengshui layout leh?

haaa

headache right....

For me, i will place the bed head at the wall, facing the aircon ledge.

i will put my wardrobe on the right as a divider to block ppl to see the bed from the entrance directly.

will also cover the aircon ledge window, will not open it unnecessary.

ugly?

hahaa

colourful,

i think if you really wanna follow the fengshui layout hor

best is don have any tv set in the room loh... and no WIW too....cos fengshui don encourage room-in-room concept. (correct me if im wrong pls)

so how? you want design, or you want fengshui layout leh?

haaa

headache right....

For me, i will place the bed head at the wall, facing the aircon ledge.

i will put my wardrobe on the right as a divider to block ppl to see the bed from the entrance directly.

will also cover the aircon ledge window, will not open it unnecessary.

ugly?

hahaa

Hi X.H. LI

Thanks for your advise. What is the meaning of WIW? My bed will be placed on a raised platform and there will be a feature wall between the raised platform and normal flooring. Feature wall is formed by 3 parts, glass, board wrapped with wall paper and glass door. Now really not sure what to do as the lighting cables and aircon trucking already constructed based on the ID's design.

Not sure it will be too late to change now. I might drive the ID crazy. 8| Is there any things which I can place in the room to correct the feng shui if we go according to the ID's design?

Thanks a million.

WIW = walk-in-wardrobe...

cos it looks just like another room in the bedroom....

im someone who don know abt design de..

as long as its convenient, den im ok with it... im a very cheng chai person.. =X

there are ppl out there, saying that fengshui's most impt thing is, you can move easily around the house.

the way you move is also how the Qi flows...

so, try to imagine when you move around in the room... do you need to twist here and siam there to get to your destination?

oh ya, is that triangle in MBR a door?

WIW = walk-in-wardrobe...

cos it looks just like another room in the bedroom....

im someone who don know abt design de..

as long as its convenient, den im ok with it... im a very cheng chai person.. =X

there are ppl out there, saying that fengshui's most impt thing is, you can move easily around the house.

the way you move is also how the Qi flows...

so, try to imagine when you move around in the room... do you need to twist here and siam there to get to your destination?

oh ya, is that triangle in MBR a door?

Hi X.H.LI,

The triangle is actually the glass door (opening).That's the entrance to the bed on the platform. I don't think we have to twist here and siam there to get to our destination. But we have to open and close that glass door to get to and out of the bed. Do you know of any feng shui master that i can seek advice from and not too expensive?

Why you know so much about feng shui? :)

Sink is ok, but stove are the most important item in the kitchen.

But those who are doing L-shape cabinet will most likely have their sinks facing the kitchen entrance, which means when a person is using the sink, his back is facing the entrance.

Is this ok?

Hi COL...make sure your middle bed is not directly on top of your ceiling light.

Hi X.H.LI,

The triangle is actually the glass door (opening).That's the entrance to the bed on the platform. I don't think we have to twist here and siam there to get to our destination. But we have to open and close that glass door to get to and out of the bed. Do you know of any feng shui master that i can seek advice from and not too expensive?

Hi X.H.LI,

eeerrr...

i know not much...

all from the webs and no guidance from a real FSM leh..

thats why we need Mr Chong here...

so, what i read also cannot take it too seriously de.

=)

eeerrr...

i know not much...

all from the webs and no guidance from a real FSM leh..

thats why we need Mr Chong here...

so, what i read also cannot take it too seriously de.

=)

Haha, don't worry i will only take it as an advice. Who's Mr Chong?

Generally, kitchen should not be in the NW sector.

NW belongs to the Chien Kua. And also represents the Heaven Gate.

With kitchen in the NW sector, in FS term, its call 'Fire burning heaven gate'

Highly inauspicious.

Chien kua represents the head of the family, usually the father.

With heaven burning heaven gate, the head of the family will face many problems.

I've heard before stove must not face toilet door. this is for those with toilets in kitchen.

FS aside. The idea of having a toilet in the kitchen is replusive.

Can you imagine having dinner or cooking when someone is doing his business.

is it?? i intend to use the stove and hod left over by ex owner coz it is still very new..only 1 yr old..

My design will be that the stove is directly in front of the kitchen entrance..meaning i will be back facing the entrance when cooking..cannot har???

is it true tat we cannot re-use the stove left behind by the ex-owners and we die die have to buy a new one?

is it true tat we cannot re-use the stove left behind by the ex-owners and we die die have to buy a new one?

yes.

new house(new to you), new stove, new life(new marriage life).