Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Anyone Engaged 3d Innovations?

Hi,

I have engaged Jimmy to renovate my 4R resale flat in mid Nov 12. Like all, I am skeptical at first when I read about the many good comments about him in this blog. However after meeting up with him, I found him to be frank, know his trade well and his quotation was reasonable.

As I needed to move out and rent a place to stay during the reno, he agreed that I could move back after 4 weeks and for his, I must commend his professionalism in honouring this committment. He has a good team of workers and I am satisfied with the quality of masonry works. As for the carpentry works, there were some deviations but he managed get them corrected in a timely manner.

In summary, the renovation went through quite smoothly without any major hiccups. No doubt I had to continuously monitor the progress of the work and report any deviations, but Jimmy was pretty responsive to address any concern that arises. As my family begin to settle in and enjoy the new environment, we found that it is worth the price we paid for. And for that I would like to register my appreciation to Jimmy and his team for putting in much effort to get our place done up the way we have desired.

Alex Chum

Hey Alex,

That's good on you and everything seems going smoothly.....but for me even until today there is still no sign no sound from our dear jimmy....Am .not sure if he has experience in landed property...but when he came to my place , he said everything is okay and he also gave us his advise...so I presume he is an experience guy....after the viewing and after one week as promise for the quote which was not delivered, that why I am piss....you know lah if you said 5 to 7 day for the quote...then I expected it will be ready so that i can commerce the Reno. So because of lacking all info, am quite stuck now.....I hope he could think about it, it is kinda unfair to us...Anywhere it's up to him lah......if he earn enough, then I shall pass it to someone else to do lor btw my budget is 100k.......and guess most ppl will want to do it.....

Cheer for your house completion.........

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey Alex,

That's good on you and everything seems going smoothly.....but for me even until today there is still no sign no sound from our dear jimmy....Am .not sure if he has experience in landed property...but when he came to my place , he said everything is okay and he also gave us his advise...so I presume he is an experience guy....after the viewing and after one week as promise for the quote which was not delivered, that why I am piss....you know lah if you said 5 to 7 day for the quote...then I expected it will be ready so that i can commerce the Reno. So because of lacking all info, am quite stuck now.....I hope he could think about it, it is kinda unfair to us...Anywhere it's up to him lah......if he earn enough, then I shall pass it to someone else to do lor btw my budget is 100k.......and guess most ppl will want to do it.....

Cheer for your house completion.........

Understand the angle you're coming from. Especially for renovation matters, there are lot of issues to consider and the major ones are to confirm the ID and the scope of works. Yes I agree that out of courtesy, he should at least keep you updated if there is a delay in the quotation or that he does not intend take up this job. Hopefully, you are able to find a reliable ID to take up your renovation works soon.

After two months of renovation, my house is finally completed. As promised by Jimmy, he has met the given timeline. The overall experience is generally good although there are some hiccup along the way. The Masonry and electrical work was done by Jimmy's brothers who is also 3D in-house contractors is ok but the carpentry work is average only. There are some minor touch up after my final payment and Jimmy is still following up for me.

Overall, I think he is a person whom can be trusted.

Hi,

I have sign up with Jimmy from 3D and have take up the HDB-Kitchen & 2 Bathrooms @ $13,888 package + customised package.

My renov started this week and Jimmy told me that he will not be laying any wall tiles for area where the kitchen cabinet going to be install. I would like to know whether anyone who took up the same HDB-Kitchen & 2 Bathrooms package experience the same thing?

Is this normal that you do not require to lay the tile since kitchen cabinet will cover the tiles....

Thanks

just met up with a female ID from 3D this evening ...

went through my floor plan and explained what she had in mind.

my reno require is very,very simple for my 3rm ... bedroom + hall = new floor tiles

2 toilets and kitchen = full rework + kitchen cabinet.

let see what quote she can come up with by tomorrow.

** btw, anyone else has anymore experiences to share ?

Hi tkcltoh and the rest,

Able to share photos and comments on 3D? Looking into this ID to re-renovate my 10 years old house.

Went Weiken renovation yesterday but overall cost is quite high.

Regards,

Ong PS

i have engaged them to do my 3 rm resale at yishun. reno is starting next week. but tell you, the initial weeks were making me crazy. before signing up, of course everything is sweet. we chose the ID bcos he is kind of efficient. ID came for appts on time and replied to every smses. after signing contract and deposit paid, first signs of trouble appear. gf sick, ID himself hospitalized, reservist (hope this one real lah), go overseas, relative passed away...delayed appts and responses. nw ID decided not to continue and passed my case to his colleague.

nway no choice lor. we want our reno done to the flat. keeping my fingers crossed! will update any ongoings!

3D's quote came back abit higher that my budget ... and after factoring in those thing that have to buy on the side, it became over by a lot.

however, she did put in a rather good effort to quote and if i were really going to do up the house nicely, i would have signed her.

but all i wanted is just a normal/standard reno.

they quoted our 3-rm 26.9K not inclusive of electrical works and variations in case we want to add stuff. going up to the actual site today with the ID

they quoted our 3-rm 26.9K not inclusive of electrical works and variations in case we want to add stuff. going up to the actual site today with the ID

you you basically 'on' them already ? hope everything goes well for you. :yamseng:

I also awaiting quote from June from 3D too, just have a talk with him recently. He's quite friendly and give us some concepts and ideas about the living room layout , false ceiling etc.. and my dressing table too hah.

Hopefully he can give us a reasonable quote, cliwei you met him already?

Hi Littlefishy,

Nope haven met him yet. Just got a call from him. How would you rate his designs/ideas so far? Was he the pushy kind?