Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chadil

Windows And Doors

Hi all, my A & A works has reached the stage where we have to install the windows and doors...does anyone has any contacts for them? Previously, it was included in the works by my ID firm. Later he told us that the quotation is not valid coz he cannot do it at such a cost and if we want him to do it, it will be 15% more. This is eventhough the quotation he gave us was on 12 Sep and valid for a month. I believe he was trying to get more money for mistakes that he made and had to rectify. Such as wrongly building the front boundary wall and had to tear it down and rebuild

Anyway, his workers worksmanship is really lousy. while building a wall, his workers put a canvas in between bricks, yes, the bricks are built on top of part of the canvas sheet with that part trapped in the wall. All he did was cut away the exposed portion. I am worried about how reliable this wall is especially the part with the canvas sheet. Wouldn't that part of the wall be not properly cemented? Anyway, his foreman played both sides, he told us that our neighbour requested for the canvas sheet to be up so as not to allow any dirt or dust to fly into their area (this wall is in between neighbour and us.), which i thought was a totally fine request. Then the foreman told the ID firm guy which we have been dealing with that we request for the canvas sheet to be there. And that we also want the canvas sheet to be tucked into the bricks?????? Who on earth will make such a request??? But anyway, we have a few groups of contractors working for us, so I may replace them if any more blunders come up.

Hope someone can help me with the windows and doors contact. Thank you very much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Chadil,

My preferred contractor is Heng, 9732 7757. He is my company's regular contractor for all renovation works for the last 3 years.

I found him good and used him for my condo renovations.

He is responsible and his workmanship is good. He may not be the cheapest in the market, but he is value for money as he gives practical advice that helps to save money.

for windows, try bestview or fascina

http://www.decorille.com/pro_bestview.htm

http://www.fascina.com.sg/about.htm

Both are not cheap but reliable. I am using fascina, have heard good things about best view as well but did not manage to evaluate then during my selection.

For Doors, depends on what you are looking for, most companies thats sells you the door will offer you the service to do the installation, especially the iron mongeries eg. hinges/latches/door knobs/handles.

I got my iron mongeries from Doorsplus as my door is in my package from the main contractor. I did not compare the prices for the iron mongeries from Doorsplus, but if you have the time, do compare prices. Quite a few forumers did like doorsplus but i may have some negative feedbacks on them. They are understaff and over work driving customer service to the drain. This is one of the company that has lost it's vision in my opinion and when you carry on doing business this way, customer will vote with their feet. If you do get their services, please bear in mind, in recent times, they have started to forsaken customers. Just my 2 cents on Doorsplus.

Hi all, my A & A works has reached the stage where we have to install the windows and doors...does anyone has any contacts for them? Previously, it was included in the works by my ID firm. Later he told us that the quotation is not valid coz he cannot do it at such a cost and if we want him to do it, it will be 15% more. This is eventhough the quotation he gave us was on 12 Sep and valid for a month. I believe he was trying to get more money for mistakes that he made and had to rectify. Such as wrongly building the front boundary wall and had to tear it down and rebuild

Anyway, his workers worksmanship is really lousy. while building a wall, his workers put a canvas in between bricks, yes, the bricks are built on top of part of the canvas sheet with that part trapped in the wall. All he did was cut away the exposed portion. I am worried about how reliable this wall is especially the part with the canvas sheet. Wouldn't that part of the wall be not properly cemented? Anyway, his foreman played both sides, he told us that our neighbour requested for the canvas sheet to be up so as not to allow any dirt or dust to fly into their area (this wall is in between neighbour and us.), which i thought was a totally fine request. Then the foreman told the ID firm guy which we have been dealing with that we request for the canvas sheet to be there. And that we also want the canvas sheet to be tucked into the bricks?????? Who on earth will make such a request??? But anyway, we have a few groups of contractors working for us, so I may replace them if any more blunders come up.

Hope someone can help me with the windows and doors contact. Thank you very much.

Edited by wuga98

Twolambs,

thank you very much, I will contact him tomorrow.

Wuqa98,

Thank you for your recommendations. I have approached Fascina as well as Best view. Have both their quotations. Their quotations are asorbitant, infact, Fascina's quotation is the highest so far. It is twice of what my contractor quote me. I showed the quotation to my neighbour and she thought the price was ridiculous as she had done her UPVC windows (patent from Germany; Fascina's is from Italy) for much less than what was quoted to me. As my budget will not allow for these 2, I will just stick to simple windows frame with Aluminium.

don't mind me asking which company/brand is this upvc from germany, just out of curiosity :notti:

Twolambs,

thank you very much, I will contact him tomorrow.

Wuqa98,

Thank you for your recommendations. I have approached Fascina as well as Best view. Have both their quotations. Their quotations are asorbitant, infact, Fascina's quotation is the highest so far. It is twice of what my contractor quote me. I showed the quotation to my neighbour and she thought the price was ridiculous as she had done her UPVC windows (patent from Germany; Fascina's is from Italy) for much less than what was quoted to me. As my budget will not allow for these 2, I will just stick to simple windows frame with Aluminium.

Another question...I was told there are 2 methods for installation of door frames and window frames. One window company told me that it is okay for all the openings for windows to be plaster smooth first because, they will just wall plug into the wall and then leave a 10mm gap between the frame and the plastered wall. This gap will be filled with industrial silicon. He went ahead to tell me to get my plaster people to plaster all areas first while he fabricate the window and door frames.

My contractor advised otherwise. He told me that window frames and door frames have to be installed first before plastering smooth coz window frames will have to be installed with a 20mm or 25mm gap from the perimeter wall. Then they would do grouting as in putting the cement in between this 20mm or 25mm gap. Only this will allow better water tightness. He told me he cannot plaster until all my window frames are up. Who's correct? I have to make a decision to plaster first or windows first and both parties told me opposite stuffs. Can someone advise me on this? Thank u so much in advance.