Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Quality Of Barang Barang's Furniture

Hi All,

Can't really find much feedback on Barang Barang's furniture. Currently there are sales going on at Barang Barang, and I'm considering some of their wooden furniture like dining table, chairs, buffet cabinet and console.

Anyone bought Barang Barang's furniture? I'll like to know how's the quality of them, whether it's sturdy or flimsy, whether it's good to buy or just good to see, etc.

Thanks! :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

Can't really find much feedback on Barang Barang's furniture. Currently there are sales going on at Barang Barang, and I'm considering some of their wooden furniture like dining table, chairs, buffet cabinet and console.

Anyone bought Barang Barang's furniture? I'll like to know how's the quality of them, whether it's sturdy or flimsy, whether it's good to buy or just good to see, etc.

I brought sofa, dinning set, console table, queen size bed frame from Barang barang.

For quality , they are good

really teak wood. Heavy and solid.

my dining table has some woodworm issue after almost 1 yrs. I call them. They sent ppl down to check. COnfirm is wood worm. They agree on 1 to 1 exchange.

As they don't have my design at that time, they t-loan me another design so that the woodworm will not spread to my other wood furniture. Once my design table arrive, they arrange to do an exchange

In term of quality and service, they quite good.. But costly

and I notice their selling price also up

esp sofa was tag @ $1.3k during 2006, now 2008, it was tag @ $1.8K.

We can't believe when we saw it. :bow:

Edited by therat

their quality is not bad. we have quite a few items from them. Daybed, coffee table, wood engraved mirror and screen. So far, all items are still in good condition. very happy with it.

quality is good, but very pricey. There u will not find anything that is made of compressed wood or chip wood. All are solid wood.

Hi therat and tea,

Thanks for the feedback! Wao, they are very nice to exchange 1 for 1 for u therat!

I'm looking at the Zamora range (round dining table) as well as a few others. Normally I'll find their items very expensive, but since now got sales, I'm considering them loh. But my hb sae the dining table doesn't seem to be very stable. That's why wana ask for feedback.

Good to hear that the items are solid. :)

I like their furnitures as well but its very expensive. This is their warehouse sales or outlet sales? Im waiting for their warehouse sales...

You can also try Pagoda teak furniture and Sister's Dream. They used plantation teaks and also do customisation as well.

Hi All,

Hi therat and tea,

Thanks for the feedback! Wao, they are very nice to exchange 1 for 1 for u therat!

I'm looking at the Zamora range (round dining table) as well as a few others. Normally I'll find their items very expensive, but since now got sales, I'm considering them loh. But my hb sae the dining table doesn't seem to be very stable. That's why wana ask for feedback.

Good to hear that the items are solid. :)

Their quality is no doubt very good. i never question abt the quality and service.

well, quality comes with a price. that's the thing we all must know.

We buy from some cheapo furniture store and we keep worryng abt their delivery, condition, blah blah blah.... what for? Just to save abit??

last time i almost bought a sofa from Barang Barang. Damm solid built, damm bloody comfy with double springs and all tat. but its expensive.

its only PU leather and the price is $2500 normal price. even at 50% off, its about $1300.

Their PU leather is very different from other shops. their PU leather really feels like leather, scratch like real leather. and even smell like real leather. I guess they use better material to do the PU leather.

I see other stores' PU leather. its really like rubber PVC lor......

Well, my heart was really torn. common sense will say tat its not worth to pay so much for PU leather sofa. But the quality is good.

in the end, i didnt get it........ instead, i got a half leather sofa at a lower price. Quality and comfy can match Barang Barang one. But it took me 5 months to look for this one after i saw the barang barang one.

Cools! hehe.. I didn't buy during their huge sale. Cuz still tinking and still not time to buy yet, as I'm only taking keys end of the year.

Still tinking and considering abt their stuff, but glad to hear that the quality is good. :)

Wah donut88, 5mths after u saw the barang2 sofa then u bot another? Hehe, that's a long time. :P

Milek, I'm not too sure if it's the warehouse sale, but they have another sale going on right now. Storewide 40% off, and UOB card members get an additional 5% off. :) Can go try and c c. :) Thanks for the recommendations for other furniture shops!

JuzChris, I went to both liao leh. Din see much that we like. Hehe, and P&R don't have round dining table. :( Thanks for the recommendation though. :)

Yes they are having a warehouse sales on every weekend on both saturday and sunday. Do a search on their website.

Milek, I'm not too sure if it's the warehouse sale, but they have another sale going on right now. Storewide 40% off, and UOB card members get an additional 5% off. :) Can go try and c c. :) Thanks for the recommendations for other furniture shops!

I got my bedframe and dining table+chairs from barang barang. My verdict from them are 1) Good quality solid wood 2) Good service 3) Timely (and I do mean really timely) delivery every time I buy from them. They SMS you 2 days before delivery and call on the delivery day to confirm the time.

Whats the bad point? Price! Its more expensive than other shops but as they say, "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" :) :)

How I overcame the pricing issue is to buy during sales. My dining table I got at the warehouse sale (60% off), dining chairs at the member's sale (50% off) and bedframe at the national day sale (43% off) so all in all the prices becomes pretty low. Bought so much from them that now I'm a member... Think member gets 5-10% discount on top of existing discount.

Cools! hehe.. I didn't buy during their huge sale. Cuz still tinking and still not time to buy yet, as I'm only taking keys end of the year.

Still tinking and considering abt their stuff, but glad to hear that the quality is good. :)

Wah donut88, 5mths after u saw the barang2 sofa then u bot another? Hehe, that's a long time. :P

JuzChris, I went to both liao leh. Din see much that we like. Hehe, and P&R don't have round dining table. :( Thanks for the recommendation though. :)

Yes.... it was like self torturing process... i just couldnt see any other comparable sofa quality, other than Barang Barang's.

the rest of other shops (all those so called popular ones highly recommended in this forum).... really CMI.......

the closest one is Cellini furniture. i saw one similiar sofa like Barang Barang. price is quite reasonable for full leather, but its still not tat comfortable, compared to Barang Barang.

So i didn't buy from Cellini also.

The one i was aiming is called Moritz sofa in Barang Barang.

Moritz sofa is really comfy. your back and neck/head is full supported, with deep seating area for yr *** and inner thighs

so it really took 5 months to get a comparable one.

I got my bedframe and dining table+chairs from barang barang. My verdict from them are 1) Good quality solid wood 2) Good service 3) Timely (and I do mean really timely) delivery every time I buy from them. They SMS you 2 days before delivery and call on the delivery day to confirm the time.

Whats the bad point? Price! Its more expensive than other shops but as they say, "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" :) :)

I agree with hobbes187. Their things cost a bit more than other places, but it was my first time facing no service or delivery problem. Don't need to go to picket & rail, some exact furnitures you can find in other shops are selling at few hundreds dollars more, why pay more for the same items?

Hehhe... Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Yeah, I tink we should be getting some stuff from Barang Barang. Too bad hb does not like the dining table that I like. But other than that, we should be getting a few items from BB. :dancingqueen: