Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
myworld

Hacking Of Store Room

the contractor came and told me my store room no need PE.

but he said better to redo kitchen,living room's flooring as well, he quoted $10k and above.

this is the technique of doing business, at first say cheap, later it's not cheap at all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well, to do hack n lay kitchen wall n floor, hack storeroom, kitchen cabinets, piping for kitchen, hack n lay living floor, all these sure derived to a budget of >$10k lor...

Cheap or not cheap, it depends on the itemised quote of items liao...

Get 1 more contractor to quote u lor...

U heard of de_pierre? u can PM him lor... (^^,)

Well, to do hack n lay kitchen wall n floor, hack storeroom, kitchen cabinets, piping for kitchen, hack n lay living floor, all these sure derived to a budget of >$10k lor...

Cheap or not cheap, it depends on the itemised quote of items liao...

Get 1 more contractor to quote u lor...

U heard of de_pierre? u can PM him lor... (^^,)

my kitchen cabinet is only 7 years old and it's wasted to hack down too.

the hacking area walls have tiles and will fall off including the living room wall tiles.

another contractor will come today and see how first. trying to budget since economy that bad.

iwill be doing my whole house soon and that involves hacking of existing store room from the hall and rebuilt them in my kitchen!it cost me $250 to demolish the whole store room with patch up and rebuilt will be $630 according to whatever size i wanna it to be.And it has not other hidden cost like haulege or permit e.t.c. cost liao,As i will be re-doing the whole hse,i intend to ask him to waive away the hacking cost!

I find he is quite a reasonable guy! :notti:

cheap though

can message me his hp no?.

second contractor quoted me $1250 hacking, patching up and rewiring of the power switch plus permit. i haven't sign with him yet.

ya..got to factor in cost of re-locating the storeroom light and switches which will be affect by the hacking....

unless u dun wan that lighting point anymore...and no affect of switches...then ok lah..

hacking the storeroom sure damage some of the flooring....patching up the flooring need cost too.

unless u ok with no patching up...

i hack away my storeroom in my kitchen reno...and built larder storage unit instead. dun wan to build another storeroom...jus built cabinet lah...same..

the contractor took my deposit and never apply the permit for me.

he wanted to hack down store room before permit was approved by hdb

but i stopped him.

after checked with hdb, i found out that he is not a licensed contractor.

should i make report to police and claim my deposit back?

OMG!!! No wonder he quote u so cheap...

If u did demolishing of walls w/o permit, u'll get troubles if u wan to sell ur hse...

Its not too late as no work is done, u may go to 'small claims' him...

*Not all contractors r HDB licensed. They either apply permit using their respective company, Or, apply through using other companies' license...

OMG!!! No wonder he quote u so cheap...

If u did demolishing of walls w/o permit, u'll get troubles if u wan to sell ur hse...

Its not too late as no work is done, u may go to 'small claims' him...

*Not all contractors r HDB licensed. They either apply permit using their respective company, Or, apply through using other companies' license...

just treat it as a lesson to learn. i won't claim the money, small matter.

So long u find it worthwhile, u happy, then Gd for u!!! ^^

(U r unable to compare ur prices for itemised items if u got more quantities of works done...)

eg. hse no.1(4rm) - Only do minor structural works like overlaying of tiles, painting for whole hse, minor electrical works...

eg. hse no.2(4rm) - Whole hse hacking n laying of tiles, re-wiring for whole hse, painting for whole hse...

u can't possibly compare prices for painting works between hse no.1 n no.2 bcs there might be 'give n takes' in hse no.2's quotations...

Lets take it tad the contractor quote the hse no.2 for painting works @ $700 (usually cost abt 1k), whereas he can marked up the lost of $300 at other items seperately in the same quote. Wad if u jus engage him to do just the cheap $700 painting for whole hse, u see wad he reply u lor...

PS. No hard feelings ar, just wan fellow forumers know how to compare prices fairly...

Edited by de_Pierre

thru the phone they will quote cheap prices and when saw the storeroom they jump up the prices/.

still waiting for approval from hq to get the permit for hacking.

this time i paid more expensive than the previous one.

1k plus including hacking,patching up hacked parts,new tiles, haulage,permit.

Edited by myworld