Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zonkkie

A Place To Call Home...

Thanks Lawry for your advise! Will fix the hood properly on Monday then.

Thanks Pet. :)

Confirmed curtains with Jimmy Textiles today...

Living Room full length curtains... a shade of purple to go with the purplish walls...

IMG_0142copy.jpg

MBR day and night curtains.... to go with the greyish walls..

IMG_0143copy.jpg

Roller blinds for study, cozy corner and daughter's room.... chose black for study, not sure how it will work out!

IMG_0144copy.jpg

Also bought this dressing table for the MBR.

12042009117.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi zonkkie,

nice curtains you got there!

for living room you only use night curtain?

may i know how much you were quoted for whole house from jimmy textile?

Also bought this dressing table for the MBR.

12042009117.jpg

Hi zonkkie,

Can i check with you where did u get this dressing table and how much does it cost? Am looking for something for mrspiglet as well but so far, this is the only one that matches.

hi zonkkie,

nice curtains you got there!

for living room you only use night curtain?

may i know how much you were quoted for whole house from jimmy textile?

Ya, living room only night curtain... the current owner don't even have any curtains for living room, so we think night curtains will be enough. Total is around 1.9k including GST. MBR day curtain is organza that's why more expensive.

Hi zonkkie,

Can i check with you where did u get this dressing table and how much does it cost? Am looking for something for mrspiglet as well but so far, this is the only one that matches.

Costs $480 from Huafu Furniture including the stool. It is a place that sells country furniture in Tan Boon Liat Building (Outram Road). Ikea has something similar and comes with a glass top which you can also consider.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10121228

Ya, living room only night curtain... the current owner don't even have any curtains for living room, so we think night curtains will be enough. Total is around 1.9k including GST. MBR day curtain is organza that's why more expensive.

Costs $480 from Huafu Furniture including the stool. It is a place that sells country furniture in Tan Boon Liat Building (Outram Road). Ikea has something similar and comes with a glass top which you can also consider.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10121228

Thanks! Wiull discuss with her again.

thanks zonkkie,

is roller blind more expensive than night curtains as well?

mm.... roller blinds should be cheaper than day and night curtains.

but roller blinds depends on how many panels you need. For me, my cozy corner is like a bit of Bay Window... looks something like the below.... so actually need 4 panels. In general, HDB room just need 2 panels.

|_ _ _ _ |

The dressing table is so sweet... And not too ex. as well..

Your curtains are nice.. Never know that curtains also have day and night difference one..

Finally I can see your pics! Nice .......... I like your kitchen... so big... can put ISLAND.... what a dream kitchen!

Thanks thanks. Don't know why but my ID's workers very messy compared to most of the people I see in the forum. Everything throw here throw there cardboards, laminates, wood pieces and other debris everywhere. So very hard to take pictures :( Guess just have to wait for the final product.

Kitchen... ya, we love the kitchen, waiting for the white solid top to come in. Had to sacrifice a room to make the kitchen big but we take comfort that we are putting the dining room in there. Its like some people who like walk in wardrobes and sacrifice an additional area for it. :)

We actually have a lot of drawers in the kitchen... carpenter keep complaining that very expensive, cannot make money. Ours is not soft closing one unlike the ones that you guys get from Uncle Soon.

ID confirm handover next Wednesday.... YAY!

Thanks to lawry, manage to extend the hood....

CIMG1036a.jpg

Black mosaic tiles for kitchen backing is up... initially ID wanted white grouting say nicer... but think maintenance will faint... so used black grout instead.... we also use countertop lighting.

CIMG1037a.jpg

can your ID cover up the gap between the top of ur hood the ceiling? usually cannot see the gap one

can your ID cover up the gap between the top of ur hood the ceiling? usually cannot see the gap one

can... just not done yet. Have to have the block of wood there because the gap pipe is running behind...

wow zonkkie & sm, congrats to u both! it seems like the reno is progressing very fast for both of u. then u have chosen a date for moving in oredi?