Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunset.dolphin

Looking For Contractors-please Help Me

Hi, im new. Been reading the forum topic and found lots of information here. But would still like to seek advise from experts here. Pardon me for my poor english. i intend to find a 3 rm flat at toa payoh. But cnt decide whether to find those without move in conditions cos im planning to do renovation OR look for those with move in conditions. Below is what i intend to do. i already have a rough design of my house. just looking for contractor with reasonable price and good workmanship. Do pm me if you got any contractors to recommend. Millions thanks.

1.change living room, kitchen and bedroom floor tiles.

2.hack away existing kitchen wall to make it a open concept kitchen.

3.replace toilets tiles and toilet seats.

4.New Kitchen cabinets.

5.Customized TV console, shoe rack and altar.

6.change main door rand 2 bedrooms doors.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Suggest you read up some more, never rush into signing a contract for reno works too early in the home buying process.

IMHO: For myself, I would look at my REAL budget and look for a suitably well renovated or less renovated house depending on my finances and deco preference. That being easier said than done because sometimes we buy the house based on other factors instead and don't always act rationally.

hi, thanks so much.ive been reading a lot of info frm the forum. just wanna knw abt the estimate price for the works i mentioned. Frm what i read from the past topics, some members recommended Ho Bee. I just want to keep my budget low.

never rushed.. i also went to several ids to get quotation.. only after 1 month, I decided who to get.. mostly is due to my budget than I select the contractor

Ho Bee is not cheap.

Try getting a few quotes (including Ho Bee) & compare yourself. I used Ho Bee for my house last year. After I encountered a few problems & read up more on this forum, I find their standard not as good as before. For eg. one forumer who engaged Ho Bee said the painter did a great job for his house, but for my case, merely 4 mths I moved in, the paint on my kitchen ceiling started to crack & paint on my copper pipe in the bathroom peeled off too :(

Hi, im new. Been reading the forum topic and found lots of information here. But would still like to seek advise from experts here. Pardon me for my poor english. i intend to find a 3 rm flat at toa payoh. But cnt decide whether to find those without move in conditions cos im planning to do renovation OR look for those with move in conditions. Below is what i intend to do. i already have a rough design of my house. just looking for contractor with reasonable price and good workmanship. Do pm me if you got any contractors to recommend. Millions thanks.

1.change living room, kitchen and bedroom floor tiles.

2.hack away existing kitchen wall to make it a open concept kitchen.

3.replace toilets tiles and toilet seats.

4.New Kitchen cabinets.

5.Customized TV console, shoe rack and altar.

6.change main door rand 2 bedrooms doors.

Self proposed here. ok??

never rushed.. i also went to several ids to get quotation.. only after 1 month, I decided who to get.. mostly is due to my budget than I select the contractor

The ID firm i got took me half a year to process (ie. changed second ID as first one fresh from 'sch' wasted 3 months and 2nd one is a LATO (Little action talk only) took another 4 months b4 commence reno job.) WHY DO I CARRY ON WITH THE PACKAGE? cos already paid $2k+ (in rush) deposit! So no choice, got to carry on...

Renovation supposed to commence b4 X'mas 08 but delay until 3 weeks b4 CNY 09 then start work!

And now yet complete! :furious: I need to 8| before things will move.

Have also called the boss few times to update him on his 'excellent' services provided yet things did not improve. Boss came out with excuses not to come down to the renovation site to see for himself when I challenged him to come and see for himself.

End of day, take your time, craft the contract towards your advantage. Be more critical in the contract negotiation... demand for penalty for failure to meet deadline. Must sign on the contract! :deal:

Hi, guess is ard 12k depend on the type of material you want to use. You can always tell your contractor your budget and they will try to match to your need.

if you have not gotten ur contractor, you may wanna try the one i am engagin. He is very popular now cos of his good quote and responsibility. PM me if u want the contact.

if you have not gotten ur contractor, you may wanna try the one i am engagin. He is very popular now cos of his good quote and responsibility. PM me if u want the contact.

Hi Ivy,

pls PM me his contact. is his company under radac?

Tks!

Ah Soon (Superstar) is not bad

----------------------------------

Enraging a Contractor

- Make sure they had valid HDB Licence, ask to show their HDB Licence passed with their Photo ID.

- Do not believe in their words that HDB Licenses is not required. It is alright to borrow or ask on behalf on another company to apply Permit for your renovation.

- Do not buy into their stories when they tried to ask for advanced payment. All make must be made in cross-cheque direct to the company.

They will tell you that no need HDB licence, it is alright as HDB licence incurred a lot of charges to the company and the reason why they can quote you cheaper is because they no need to do all this registration and save a lot of cost. Make sure all cheque is payable to the Company and do not believed in their stories that it is in-convenience that they had to ask someone to withdrawn the money and pass to them. So may it be.

This HDB licence can saved you if you had dispute between them or you find them dragging your work. Or else, if anything happened to your renovation, under the law, no one is going to be responsible for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by kewin