Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Modern & Sleek Kitchens

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

what type of wood and material are good for kitchen cabinets?

Laminates tend to have adjoining line..

gloss paint scratches easily...

so what's your perfect choice?

I like the glossy cabinets too...but after talking to some ID, most of them tell me not to go for it if i want easy maintenance and glossy cabinets will be scratch easily, attract dust etc...All of them said it's best to go for laminates, rather than arcylic and tempered glass. Should I listen to their advices? :dunno:

Hope to get feedback from people with glossy cabinets. Thanks.

very nice kitchens! thanks for sharing.... the lime green one need to wear sun glass when cooking... :P

LOL... btw green colour good for the eyes.

i notice alot of people do kitchen with white countertop. any reason why?

also any one with black countertop/other colors would like to share?

i think a lot of discussions already.... to summarize...White = easy to stain, Black = easy to see scratches.

i wonder if any of u realise, glossy cabinet is not difficult to maintain, BUT takes skillful carpentar to install it nice and flat (not wavey). tats why many id try to dissuade customers fr using.

i wonder if any of u realise, glossy cabinet is not difficult to maintain, BUT takes skillful carpentar to install it nice and flat (not wavey). tats why many id try to dissuade customers fr using.

tats what i suspect too

if im not wrong i see some of these pictures frm my corian solid surface pictures.... btw corian tops are non porous... so it wont absorb stain... eg. u can leave some red wine over the corian top and clean it the next day... it will be stainless...

Edited by davidfung

I like the glossy cabinets too...but after talking to some ID, most of them tell me not to go for it if i want easy maintenance and glossy cabinets will be scratch easily, attract dust etc...All of them said it's best to go for laminates, rather than arcylic and tempered glass. Should I listen to their advices? :dunno:

Hope to get feedback from people with glossy cabinets. Thanks.

I intend to get glossy laminates for the kitchen cabinets.. got some samples from a roadshow.. The glossy effect really makes the cabinets v classy looking.. but I'm also thinking along the lines of practicality.. If I seldom cook or even open the cabinets, erm, then there's lower chance of the glossy surfaces being scratched?? heee.. :unsure:

Anyone using glossy laminates for kitchen cabinets care to share their experiences?

Thanks! :)