Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Ivy, the rainshower looks very high. Think mine is about one foot lower. Can the height be adjusted? But then again, functional wise should not be any issue.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ivy, the rainshower looks very high. Think mine is about one foot lower. Can the height be adjusted? But then again, functional wise should not be any issue.

I thought so too, but a some forummers thought high is good, cos then will have rain effect. My hubby tried adjusting it but cannot. Maybe i will ask the plumber about it the next time he comes. I will leave it first, try to take a first shower, if I dun like the feel of it then will adjust. If bathe liao shiok shiok then I will leave it.

I thought so too, but a some forummers thought high is good, cos then will have rain effect. My hubby tried adjusting it but cannot. Maybe i will ask the plumber about it the next time he comes. I will leave it first, try to take a first shower, if I dun like the feel of it then will adjust. If bathe liao shiok shiok then I will leave it.

Ivy, quite true, higher it is more potential energy. Will feel more pressure. Do let us know how you feel after trying the shower.

Ivy, quite true, higher it is more potential energy. Will feel more pressure. Do let us know how you feel after trying the shower.

that will be a long wait loh.. probably a few weeks time.. uncle forget to shift my gas meter, gas man coming today only and ah wei says to run the pipe nicely, he may have to dismantle some part of the kitchen cabinets that are already up. I worry uncle cannot HO in time so I shifted my move in date to 10th july. So that we will have enough time to do rectification works if any.

that will be a long wait loh.. probably a few weeks time.. uncle forget to shift my gas meter, gas man coming today only and ah wei says to run the pipe nicely, he may have to dismantle some part of the kitchen cabinets that are already up. I worry uncle cannot HO in time so I shifted my move in date to 10th july. So that we will have enough time to do rectification works if any.

If you are not in a hurry to shift, then should not be a problem. Unlike me, got to shift many times and the endless problems and rectification cause me to fall sick.

From the lesson learnt, please give some buffer to the committed HO date(s). If you have noticed from my t-blog, the committed dates have been moved several times.

I think some parts of the carpentry that is blocking the gas pipe got to be taken out first. I thought the layout of the pipes have to be communicated with the carpenter first.

i didn't tell uncle that i have shifted my move in date. To him, I need to shift in by month end. He actually told me I can shift in my boxes this sat but ah wei advise me better not.. so I postpone.

The need to remove the cabinets is bcos Ah Wei thought of a better and nicer way to relocate the gas pipe, which was not in our initial discussion. I don't mind them delaying a bit if it can make things nicer. Kudos to carpenter team for willingly volunteering to remove the cabinets if the need arise.

i didn't tell uncle that i have shifted my move in date. To him, I need to shift in by month end. He actually told me I can shift in my boxes this sat but ah wei advise me better not.. so I postpone.

The need to remove the cabinets is bcos Ah Wei thought of a better and nicer way to relocate the gas pipe, which was not in our initial discussion. I don't mind them delaying a bit if it can make things nicer. Kudos to carpenter team for willingly volunteering to remove the cabinets if the need arise.

Hi Ivy,

I'm the provional member of Ah soon club.

Met uncle yesterday afternoon to discuss my reno needs and after that he bought me to view a unit at Clementi believe it your place.

When I was there at around 4pm, there were a group of uncle’s men (guess they are the carpentry team) in actions. Uncle mentions that by this Sat the unit will be transformed into a every nice showroom when everything are up.

Mind if I drop by this weekend to admire the finish work?

Thks.

Hi Ivy,

I'm the provional member of Ah soon club.

Met uncle yesterday afternoon to discuss my reno needs and after that he bought me to view a unit at Clementi believe it your place.

When I was there at around 4pm, there were a group of uncle’s men (guess they are the carpentry team) in actions. Uncle mentions that by this Sat the unit will be transformed into a every nice showroom when everything are up.

Mind if I drop by this weekend to admire the finish work?

Thks.

no prob, when the workers are in, it's open house cos unit is not lock. just drop by anytime before 3pm. I heard uncle tell me the workers usually knock off at 3pm on saturday cos they need to go back to JB. If u can only come after 3pm maybe u can pm to let me know then I'll give u my contact and we can arrange :)

ehhh by the way or I dun think everything will be swee swee by saturday.. cos I just went up and saw that the way city gas people rerun my gas pipe was really ugly.. nearly fainted on the spot.... I ask the carpenter to hold my shoe cabinet for uncle to go up and see the ugly pipes.. i want an alternative solution for that....

no prob, when the workers are in, it's open house cos unit is not lock. just drop by anytime before 3pm. I heard uncle tell me the workers usually knock off at 3pm on saturday cos they need to go back to JB. If u can only come after 3pm maybe u can pm to let me know then I'll give u my contact and we can arrange :)

ehhh by the way or I dun think everything will be swee swee by saturday.. cos I just went up and saw that the way city gas people rerun my gas pipe was really ugly.. nearly fainted on the spot.... I ask the carpenter to hold my shoe cabinet for uncle to go up and see the ugly pipes.. i want an alternative solution for that....

how come the pipings weren't run in the early stages of reno? easier to hide it if necessary...

how come the pipings weren't run in the early stages of reno? easier to hide it if necessary...

sigh.. uncle lor.. keeps forgetting to arrange for them to come.. initially we say let them run the pipe first then do box up and fix my gate... then the sequence became all wrong... gate went in first gas people come run my pipe through the gate wor!! so now my gas pipe and gate is interlocking... if i ever need to replace my gate then finish liao...

hmm...my citygas guy quite gd, he came, want the pipe people to run water pipes 1st else it'll be ugly...then schedule to come another day after water pipes are done...at least all is nice and swee end of the day.

Maybe get both of them to see how best to work together?

btw, i also hv gas piping issue...but everything is still on time :) so ivy, it may still be a nice showroom by saturday!!! I wana see~~~

Edited by familyof4

sigh.. uncle lor.. keeps forgetting to arrange for them to come.. initially we say let them run the pipe first then do box up and fix my gate... then the sequence became all wrong... gate went in first gas people come run my pipe through the gate wor!! so now my gas pipe and gate is interlocking... if i ever need to replace my gate then finish liao...

hehe....actually if run first saves alot of trouble trying to hide the thing...but at least they'll try to hide the ones in the kitchen...if not ugly, see all the pipes around...

hmm...my citygas guy quite gd, he came, want the pipe people to run water pipes 1st else it'll be ugly...then schedule to come another day after water pipes are done...at least all is nice and swee end of the day.

Maybe get both of them to see how best to work together?

btw, i also hv gas piping issue...but everything is still on time :) so ivy, it may still be a nice showroom by saturday!!! I wana see~~~

aiyoh expectation dun be high high hor, cos ahhh i only do 2 wardrobes, 1 low cabinet, 1 tv wall, 1 alter, 1 shoe cabinet and kitchen cabinets only. nothing fanciful. and cos I got poor color co-ordination and cannot visualise.. i use mostly white laminates only..

hehe....actually if run first saves alot of trouble trying to hide the thing...but at least they'll try to hide the ones in the kitchen...if not ugly, see all the pipes around...

kitchen pipe all swee swee no problem.. it is the outside when where they shift my meter outside my gate.. will try to take a picture later.. so that it is easier to visualise.

aiyoh expectation dun be high high hor, cos ahhh i only do 2 wardrobes, 1 low cabinet, 1 tv wall, 1 alter, 1 shoe cabinet and kitchen cabinets only. nothing fanciful. and cos I got poor color co-ordination and cannot visualise.. i use mostly white laminates only..

mine also mainly solid colors leh...the only fanciful is my wallpaper that is still not here :( once it's here I will update liao...then officially RENO OVER!!!! Opps, i still have few boxes waiting to unpack :x

TODAY's UPDATE

Pop up after work around 6+ and was surprised that the carpenters are still working. When asked what time are they going off they told me they will work till all natural lights go out till they can't see then they will knock off.. *so touch*

To faciliate their OT, I called uncle to request for Ah Tan to come and fixed up the switches for my lights so that the poor chaps can at least work under proper lightings. Uncle said ok and to my surprise Ah Tan appeared at my place in less than an hour after I spoke to uncle and proceeded to fix up the switches.

Uncle appeared at 8pm (from the originally agreed 5-6pm). Fortunately I've learnt my lessons and always tell uncle, call me only when u reached my place hahah. When the lights came on, I was a little upset to realise that my living room lighting level seems a tad low.. I dun have lights above my TV area and thus that side looks as if there is a shadow casting over it.. Uncle immediately agreed to add lightings for me. After much thought he called joseph who mysteriously appeared in less than 15 mins.

They discussed among themselves and arrived on the conclusion that they will add on to my L box and add 2 more sides of cove lights plus 3 more downlights to brighten the place. YEAH!!! I was happy again.

The next problem is my ugly gas pipe.. somehow, we can't hink of a better solution and hubby actually dun mind the way they currently run pipe.. He thinks it looks ok..... Uncle agreed to box up part of the pipe so that it will not spoil the look of my shoe cabinet.. We accepted this solution.

Looking at my TV console, I super regretted that I did not choose the solid core.. white laminate....

Will update with pictures in a day or 2..