Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
There was a huge discussion previously on the type of wood use by uncle for carpentry. Ah Wei used these for mine :

DSC00262.jpg

I think I saw some even thicker ones on some other pieces, but couldn't take a good pic of it as my unit is dark with the tall pieces of panels blocking off the lights and my hp camera just ain't able to take a clear pic.

Ahh, the legendary "jiu ceng gao"! Envy! Hope Ah Di give me the same! Aubrey, got pics of Ah Di's carpentry to show?? :P

Hi Rasp, yes the main door is suppose to be a fire rated door. my gate is actually wrought iron gate. The colour is a bit black with a bit of gold.

My gate is actually away from the main door cos we got a little access area between the 2.

My Main Gate

DSC00152.jpg

I find that the plastic sheet fixed at the bottom looks really awful... cannot blame them.. cos it was our choice.. I wonder whether there are other ways of doing it... purpose for fixing the plastic panel is to prevent water from splashing in when Town cousin wash the floor.. also to prevent cats from coming in..

A closer look at the ugly plastic sheet.

DSC00153.jpg

I am thinking of asking uncle to use the same material as the gate to fabricate this panel for me.. wonder whether it can be done and how much it will cost.

Hi Ivy,

Your gate is quite far from your main door. If this is the case, you might want to keep the current door frame colour. It look ok with the main door colour.

As for the plastic sheet, is it a clear piece of aryclic? If it is, then you don't have to worry about its look with the gate. Because after washup, it will look 'invisible' on the gate.

I met up with 1 ID who suggest having this piece of clear aryclic on my future gate if worry about water seepage to my recess area. Only then I started looking at those gates around my neighbourhood (as in pay more notice when I passby.. not go around to look at them.. :P ), and I realised its quite common for those ground floor unit to have such arylic on their gates. Hardly noticeable.

And yes, quite effective on keeping the cats out as the cats usually don't want to climb over the sheet (although they probably can) because doing that also sort-of 'inconvenient' them compared to just slide into the gates without these sheet. :D

Hi Ivy,

Your gate is quite far from your main door. If this is the case, you might want to keep the current door frame colour. It look ok with the main door colour.

As for the plastic sheet, is it a clear piece of aryclic? If it is, then you don't have to worry about its look with the gate. Because after washup, it will look 'invisible' on the gate.

I met up with 1 ID who suggest having this piece of clear aryclic on my future gate if worry about water seepage to my recess area. Only then I started looking at those gates around my neighbourhood (as in pay more notice when I passby.. not go around to look at them.. :P ), and I realised its quite common for those ground floor unit to have such arylic on their gates. Hardly noticeable.

And yes, quite effective on keeping the cats out as the cats usually don't want to climb over the sheet (although they probably can) because doing that also sort-of 'inconvenient' them compared to just slide into the gates without these sheet. :D

mine is not exactly clear. it is opaque and in grey colour.. i didn't see the clear one when the contractor show me the sample. anyway uncle agree to change it to the metal sheet for me and paint it the same colour as the gate. hehehee

Wow... your carpentry up!!!! I am going over to see... hee..hee..

wendy where have you been??!!

not up yet, today they gonna start the installation, do feel free to go up, you got special season pass one, can go up anytime any day. hahahhaha

Hahaha.. I have disappear into crazy GSS sale-a-holic.... wow... got good shopping lei... so I shop and shop lor!!! hee..hee..

wahhh that's evil!!! I don't really have time to shop :( I only manage to go Far East Plaza last Thurs and arrive there only near 8pm to do last minute shopping for a wedding dinner on saturday. But hor in less than 2 hours ahh I manage to sweep, 1 dress, 1 top, 2 pairs of shoes and a necklace. Not bad hor my skill??

when is GSS ending huh?? I hope I at least can squeeze out 1 more shopping session before it ends...

mine is not exactly clear. it is opaque and in grey colour.. i didn't see the clear one when the contractor show me the sample. anyway uncle agree to change it to the metal sheet for me and paint it the same colour as the gate. hehehee

wendy where have you been??!!

not up yet, today they gonna start the installation, do feel free to go up, you got special season pass one, can go up anytime any day. hahahhaha

I see. I think clear one might look nicer as you won't see a piece of metal at the bottom of the gate. Ummm... i see if I can try to stealthy take a picture of the neighbour downstair. But they always open their door, so paiseh to take picture. No promise, okie? :D

I see. I think clear one might look nicer as you won't see a piece of metal at the bottom of the gate. Ummm... i see if I can try to stealthy take a picture of the neighbour downstair. But they always open their door, so paiseh to take picture. No promise, okie? :D

Rasp ok ok thanks for the effort!!

wahhh that's evil!!! I don't really have time to shop :( I only manage to go Far East Plaza last Thurs and arrive there only near 8pm to do last minute shopping for a wedding dinner on saturday. But hor in less than 2 hours ahh I manage to sweep, 1 dress, 1 top, 2 pairs of shoes and a necklace. Not bad hor my skill??

when is GSS ending huh?? I hope I at least can squeeze out 1 more shopping session before it ends...

Wow.. you can shop so fast!!!! I was at Isetan, Mango, Zara..... wow.. like no recession like that. People just grab stuff like nobody biz. Hee..hee....

Gap has some really nice stuff for children. 50% off.... if you buy 3 items, additional 10% and if UOB cardholder, another 10%. Xiao liao!!!

Robinson good for Home Decor, dining ware... nice classy stuff.

Mango and Zara... my fav clothes brand........ no need to say... SALE.... just grab!!!

Edited by Smallboy

Wow.. you can shop so fast!!!! I was at Isetan, Mango, Zara..... wow.. like no recession like that. People just grab stuff like nobody biz. Hee..hee....

Gap has some really nice stuff for children. 50% off.... if you buy 3 items, additional 10% and if UOB cardholder, another 10%. Xiao liao!!!

Robinson good for Home Decor, dining ware... nice classy stuff.

Mango and Zara... my fav clothes brand........ no need to say... SALE.... just grab!!!

haha...u just like me leh...i bring at least a bag of stuff home every day! I also love to shop at MNG and Zara...even zara for kids too! good buy and nice design :)

did we brush against one another? hehe...I grab mine during lunch!!

thanks hor ladies! for tempting me to take leave this friday to go loot orchard road...............

can any of the kind Yeakers pls PM me mr yeak's number? I've received a few emails asking for both Ah Soon and Yeak's contact, but I dun have Mr Yeak's number.

Actually pet, I find the plastic sheet looks really awful... I already requested uncle to change it to metal panels for me and paint it the same colour as my gate. Hopefully it'll turn out better.

Really wor? I wait and see yours first then decide. haiz. Just need it to prevent my silly bunny from running out...