Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
msmurf

Ways To Put Up String Curtain For Room?

hi all,

pls advise! i have think of nail to wall, curtain rod ....... but cant decide which is more cost and labour efficient and look nice.

cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Myroom1.jpg

Tada I did mine!

I used the Ikea Kvartal range for panel curtains. I bought the single rail, 2 ceiling mounts to put up the rail on the ceiling. Then I bought 2 top rails to attach to the string curtain and slide into the railing on the ceiling. Viola! :)

13feb1.jpg

Myroom1.jpg

Tada I did mine!

I used the Ikea Kvartal range for panel curtains. I bought the single rail, 2 ceiling mounts to put up the rail on the ceiling. Then I bought 2 top rails to attach to the string curtain and slide into the railing on the ceiling. Viola! :)

13feb1.jpg

aiya its you. i were poisoned by you after reading your blog. i got the string curtain from the place you mentioned at Tg Katong Complex at $39 (you got it for $32 i think). i kann chopped.

i went ikea after buying the curtain. but cant find curtain rod about 100cm. all they have are 140cm and above. lazy to cut them so go home empty handed.

thus, come forum to seek for advise.

cheers!

aiya its you. i were poisoned by you after reading your blog. i got the string curtain from the place you mentioned at Tg Katong Complex at $39 (you got it for $32 i think). i kann chopped.

i went ikea after buying the curtain. but cant find curtain rod about 100cm. all they have are 140cm and above. lazy to cut them so go home empty handed.

thus, come forum to seek for advise.

cheers!

AIYAH... LOLLL :dancingqueen:

Can use normal saw to saw. My friend did it. :) No need to buy their "special saw" ;)

I just put up the strings curtains recently. But as we needed a little flexibility for us to hang other type of curtains too, we din opt for using velcro and we just use the normal curtain rod from IKEA instead. The string curtains help us to partition the room away from my work desk and perhaps future kids as we are staying with in laws so space is mainly constrain within a room itself. A platform bed is also used to help us save space too. Hope it helps other couples who runs into potential space prob like me n my hubby if they stay wif their in laws too

http://christineandvitor.blogspot.com/2009...g-curtains.html