Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ponytail

Kitchen Makeover

Wow!! ur plumber indeed very pro leh. 2mins to swop the pipes. Ask u ah, chge pipes need permit not? Or licensed contractor will do? And roughly how much to chge the pipes? If really so simple and within budget, maybe can just convince my hub to chge since it shd be even easier for my top floor. :notti:

Hee! I din take note of pipes until i started listing down the reno items n reading renotalk! Top unit pros n cons lah, anything leak from the roof i'm the 1st to kena. :unsure:

Hi mrspiglet,

Manage to check with my contractor regarding the permit. He said changing of all sewarage pipe no need permit.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mmm, i am no interior designer but i feel its too much (too busy). maybe you want to further reduce the pattern to a tone on tone effect. (slightly more in color tone with background color).

Hi mackeith,

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like wifey prefer to go with the victorian laminate. =)

hi guys... i got a silly question...wonder if anyone can help.. also with regards to kitchen. If my kitchen condition and walls and piping and everything is in v good condition as the previous owner never cooked, just that i dun really like the colour of the current kitchen cabinets, and maybe i wanna change the hood thats all to the more morden type, issit possible to overlay / laminate say the shiny black type of surface or like this vicorian surface over the cabinets? Or do i have to hack away everything and redo. Thanks so much! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi alya,

I think to cut cost you should be able to change your cabinet laminate.=)

Oh dear, this Edmund is getting crazier by the day. You got to stop him before he tear down the sink support! :P

I think this combi should be ok, show us your 3d pics leh.

Hi Jupiter,

I already had the 3 diff colour drawings, paiseh to ask Edmund for the 4th one, think more or less I should be able to figure after I saw honeygal cabinet.=)

Some updates but not latest as rt was down.

15037945_89e7f4b81236525922_m.jpg

15037991_d2114f121236526419_m.jpg

This area will be for the pebble wash, again.

Tomorrow will update with the new pebble wash. Let's see if there is any improvement from the previous.=)

This area will be for the pebble wash, again.

Tomorrow will update with the new pebble wash. Let's see if there is any improvement from the previous.=)

Hi Lucky Guy,

Have you laying tiles for the base instead of pebble wash?

Most pebble wash owners told me that they regreted laying pebblewash as its quite difficult to clean and dirt tends to trap inside. Ants etc like to go inbetween the pebbles and its tough to get them. And some of the pebbles will drop out after sometime and they cant replace them, resulting in a hole there.

Don't know if this info come too late as RT was down last week. Just thought of sharing it with you as I just noticed that the pebblewash was for the base.

Edited by lubbi

Hi Lucky Guy,

Have you laying tiles for the base instead of pebble wash?

Most pebble wash owners told me that they regreted laying pebblewash as its quite difficult to clean and dirt tends to trap inside. Ants etc like to go inbetween the pebbles and its tough to get them. And some of the pebbles will drop out after sometime and they cant replace them, resulting in a hole there.

Don't know if this info come too late as RT was down last week. Just thought of sharing it with you as I just noticed that the pebblewash was for the base.

Hi lubbi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually the pebble wash is for the floor & not the base.

Wao! the pebble will drop out after some time resulting in a hole, that's quite an eye sore.

Is it due to workmanship of its the nature of pebble wash?

Here's the update pics of the redone pebbl wash.

The pic on the left is the latest attempt, while the right pic is previous one

15046679_f7ed8ad91236611229_m.jpg

Step 1.

After pouring in the pebble (a mixture of pebble & cement & water) the shifu had to use a tool to tap & flatten the surface.

15046690_1edb50d51236611412_m.jpg

Step 2.

Use a painting roller to make the surface more uniform & smoother.

Notice that this round is done by a different shifu? According to this shifu, my contractor had sent the previous one back to Malaysia to look after some durian plantation, maybe that place is more suitable for him. :unsure:

15046743_d9c3b2381236612037_m.jpg

Step 3.

Notice the difference?

The previous one use a sponge to dry the excess wet cement while this only use the roller.

Another stunning discovery!

Actually this shifu is the disciple of the previous shifu. Some 20 years ago, when he worked as an apprentice, the previous shifu was his teacher!

Wao! like the saying goes " in the big sea, the back wave push the front wave".

15046776_2bdf5aa81236612342_m.jpg

Step 4.

Leave to dry.

Finally you got the nice pebble.

Verdict :

Owner : Left one = pass! Right one = pass also.

Contractor : Left one = pass! Right one = fail!

As owners, we really need our contractor to do the qc check for us as they've seen more of these than us.

15046829_9dfebbd81236612731_m.jpg

Another angle.

Hi all,

I've just got the A4 size laminate sample.

previous photo

14993021_62b174611236087434_m.jpg

14993031_a8606ac91236087490_m.jpg

Hi all, what do you all think of the combi this time?

All remarks are welcome!

Saw the top laminate at "Honeygal" blog, can't find any lizard. :D

Does this look familiar to your Laminate? :P

4kiss6.jpg

Hi mrspiglet,

Manage to check with my contractor regarding the permit. He said changing of all sewarage pipe no need permit.

Thks lucky guy! on a 2nd tot, i better save some $ n close 2 eyes for the pipe. Since its common toilet anyway.. and only 1 pipe in the whole house will be visible to my fussy eyes. :( Actual truth is: i scare my hub will kill me if i say i wanna chge now!

Ur pebble wash really looks more pebble-ish now! The prev one like a bit pebbles not enough. But for layman like us, nvr see nvr compare also wun know the diff. :notti:

Here's the update pics of the redone pebbl wash.

The pic on the left is the latest attempt, while the right pic is previous one

You r so hardworking! You really stand there and take the whole steps of pebblewash step by step. zai zai :sport-smiley-003: but the pebble wash is really taking shape and looking nice to me

The pebblewash is so much better than b4. The previous shifu really cannot.

But I find the worker working for your contractor very stress leh, so demanding, cannot perform have to go pick durians.

Thks lucky guy! on a 2nd tot, i better save some $ n close 2 eyes for the pipe. Since its common toilet anyway.. and only 1 pipe in the whole house will be visible to my fussy eyes. :( Actual truth is: i scare my hub will kill me if i say i wanna chge now!

Ur pebble wash really looks more pebble-ish now! The prev one like a bit pebbles not enough. But for layman like us, nvr see nvr compare also wun know the diff. :notti:

Ya lor, we layman see everything also nice. Really need our contractor to qc check for us. :sport-smiley-018:

Latest updates.

Today my contractor gives me a surprise.

Actually we were allowed to have a choice of 3 different colours for the 3d pics, but he pity me & today he gives me the 4th & final colour 3d pic.

I'm so happy! :dancingqueen:

15072780_217535eb1236872206_m.jpg

15072788_aa06066c1236872270_m.jpg

And yes, at last, I've managed to post pics myself! :yamseng:

Thanks for sharing with me, ponytail :) I have always wanted pebblewash flooring for my access area...the only worry is the durability and practical maintenance.