Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Bedroom Reading Lights

I'm thinking of installing some form of reading lights when I read on the bed. A friend suggested installing downlights on the ceiling above the pillows but I was also told it will get very hot. Is it true? Any other designs?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm thinking of installing some form of reading lights when I read on the bed. A friend suggested installing downlights on the ceiling above the pillows but I was also told it will get very hot. Is it true? Any other designs?

Hi!

I seriously advice against downlights above the bed coz I've been to hotels that do that and the problems are:

1. Extremely inconvenient to adjust...unless your ceiling is within arms reach...or you got a long pole to poke adjust poke

2. Your head position must be standard..if you sit up a little, lie back a little, a shadow will be cast on your book...

3. If you happen to look up for any reason, the glare of the bulb is very piercing

4. The heat of the halogen bulb might give you a headache

LED lights like what applefreak suggested are good lah, not much heat, energy efficient etc... and it doesn't affect the neighbour.....portable some more :good: You can also get those which mount on the wall. Or a nice signature lamp oso lah.... :P