Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Queenie10

Singnet Wireless Broadband @ Aspella

Hi,

would like to check if anyone received weak signal using Singnet wireless broadband? My Mio wireless setup box is in my Master Bedroom cos i've Mio TV over there as i've SCV in living room. I can only received full signal if i'm surfing in my MBR but only 2 signal bar if i'm surfing in my living room. Currently i'm using channel 9, & i've tried try switching to Ch 10,11 as advised by the technical support. The signal is still the same, weird is that i can search other ppl network with 4 signals (eg: Ken network).

If anyone have the same problem & has already resolved it, pls kindly share with me which channel you are using? By the way i'm using laptop with Windows Vista for 3Mbps, thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

try channel 1. :notti:

if still cannot, search google for wireless - and they will tell you signal/reception is based mainly on the structure/floorplan of your house.

try channel 1. :notti:

if still cannot, search google for wireless - and they will tell you signal/reception is based mainly on the structure/floorplan of your house.

Singnet told me my default is Ch6, if peak hour....will recommend ch9. He told me cordless phone & wall will also obstruct the signal. But weird is tat how come i can tap onto my neighbourhood network with higher signal than mine.

I've no problem in this at my parents hse,just wondering how come this time is so jialat. Moreover my parents house is bigger than mine....i'll try Ch1 tonite....if still cannot i will buy the network booster as recommended by Singnet.

Thanks for ur help "P

He told me cordless phone & wall will also obstruct the signal.

this is yet another bull**** - the type of cordless phone that really interferes wireless were not being sold in ASIA - unless you are a angmoh who just migrate over here along with all your furnitures.

you need to find a room that is "central" to all other rooms, close to windows and place your router.