Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

WAH so many different ones? LOL

I agree with the rest and I'm glad you do too Aubrey. I think most importantly... the person must have conscience and integrity. IDs from big-time well-known companies have been known to run away with people's money also. People who do reno with HDB-licensed companies also run into trouble and will HDB help?? NOPE.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think Ah Soon should be a nice uncle since many forumers here chose him :). I can't speak Chinese, my hubby can speak a bit --> it'd be very hard for us to tell the uncle exactly what we think if we chose him.

If your mom likes the tiled wall so much, should make her satisfied :)

If you choose color tiles, you may ask for the same color grout. If you choose white tiles, maybe after 5 years, you can re-cover the grout (obviously, after cleaning) by using grout tube - can buy at Home-fix --> look new :). But this way may take your time.

I won't start a reno blog bcoz I'm too busy :) But I can share with you some photos when it's done via email or post here if you allow me to do that :)

Have a nice day!

Hi Michele,

It will be great if you can share with me on your experience and photos too on Jeremy works.

Hope all will goes well for your renovation.

mine also under I atria or something. we actually dun really care what company he use to apply permit from, as long as work is done properly, we r happy :)

mine also under I atria or something. we actually dun really care what company he use to apply permit from, as long as work is done properly, we r happy :)

realised mine is atria under the permit too. ah soon has given me formal quote and name card - it says fu hua interior design @ commonwealth

mrspiglet, seems like he can tie upwith different IDs?

Probably? I'm not sure how they work as well, but so long as the job is done up satisfactorily, i couldnt care less which company they tie up with ba? Like how uncle explains to us that issuing cheque to his name instead of company allow him to ease us from GST. I believe those ID/contractors who claim to absorb GST had already included that part of overhead in their quotation, which is y uncle is able to give such a cheap quotation comparatively.

Anyway, is this topic getting a little sensitive online? I just wanna be sure that we dun say the wrong things here that may get uncle into any unnecessary misunderstanding or trouble. :unsure:

Edited by mrspiglet

mm ye.. which is why I always say it's the mother companies... :) :) Uncle does HDB jobs also ma. :)

I shall go find out how to get HDB licensed. :P

UPDATE!

we lucked out! i bumped into the owner of the empty flat next door!! WOOHOO! spoke to her and she doesnt mind renting for a month. she will get back to us in 2 - 3 days time. but her rent is steep! $1.2k for a month for just 1 room and placing stuff around the house. sheesh. hope to bargain it downwards.. Rar!! (war cry for bargaining)

familyof4

yea thats the company that i saw at fondue's house. my mom wants to do things by the book, want to have formal quote, to sign etc etc. she just likes to have that order.

yea i agree trust is important. but cant help but feel that working with ah soon sometimes i feel like im fumbling in darkness cos he wanted to hack on this wed when he has not even seen the tiles we want!! a bit scary.

gongkia

just now i asked him about the issue pinkpetter brought up about the hacking and permit that only allows hacking for 3 days he say he will take 2 days to hack all of the kitchen + bath & WC then if he still needs to hack he will just do it regardless of the expired permit. :D ya keep fingers crossed to hope for the best overall!

mrspiglet

ya i know what u mean. when a deal is too good to be true, it rarely is. everyone is cautious but i think uncle soon has shown us that he can deliver. :) and what is VO?

pinkpetter

ya lor, just look at lawry. :P

currently packing now. later try to squeeze in time to take pics and upload for tiles! :) wa got so many replies. :P yea i am not sure why so many companies floating around. i just noticed the atria one at fondue's place. does the name card state his hdb license #?

Edited by aubrey

YAY YAY YAY.... mmm although it's more ex but you can just move your things over with some help instead of trying to rent storage space and get mover's help... So you do save some there. But try to bargain down some ya? Anyway it's EMPTY!!! :P

PACK PACK PACK quick! haha looking forward to pictures!!

Dare to bare post!

100% clear images of our house now so can see the transformation right before our eyes!

livingrm.jpg

Living room from bedroom 2 entrance perspective

livinglightsfan.jpg

Our lights & fan done from late last year

living2.jpg

Another view

mainswitch.jpg

pipes.jpg

Edited by aubrey

Dare to bare post!

100% clear images of our house now so can see the transformation right before our eyes!

livingrm.jpg

Living room from bedroom 2 entrance perspective

livinglightsfan.jpg

Our lights & fan done from late last year

living2.jpg

Another view

u're quite a night bird...

show us more pics soon.

your house is bright, suits a minimalist theme.. ;)

i normally sleep at 1am. :P after the reno i wanna push it earlier to about 1230am and even earlier.

i tell u a secret. it is quite dark! i just oversaturated my pics cos it seems more vibrant and u can tell what's what.

Wah after you changed your electricals.. they look a little out of place. I'm so glad you're going to reno!! :) When will it start? Uncle said Wednesday? :) Finished packing???

Hi aubrey, after reading abt the good service & freebies offer by Ah Soon, how I wish I know him earlier when I was sourcing for contractor to do the reno for my hse last yr.

BTW, do you mind to share his quotation here? PM is fine if you are not comfortable to disclose... curious to know his pricing... if his price is good, can recommend him to friends or colleagues when they need to renovate their house next time.

Happy packing :P