Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

pet

wed is a little out of the qns! assuming my neighbor gives the ok for us to rent her place, it can only start on 1st May for easy calculation. then at least we have the PH to move our stuff from my place to hers. maybe uncle can start on 4th May. tonight will discuss with him. and no!! we're prolly 30% complete? most of the kitchen is good to go.

yokine9a

let me talk to him first tonight ok? we might need to make changes here and there so will let you know again. :) and yea, he's really good. just that he's all over the place so can't be too hard on him.

cannotisit

yup keeping our toes crossed for the rental of the flat. then u can come down to have a look at ah soon's work for your next home to come! :)

familyof4

ya me too! and i hope my place is bright bright bright! i saw my neighbour's place, the one we hope to rent. i hope after our reno our place wont look like hers cos tho her walls are white, floors are just a very light beige, it still looks "dark" to me. :(

to all who have engaged uncle ah soon

does uncle soon help to buy kitchen appliances? cos he told us to get model # or the catalog and he will help get it for us, we just pay him after goods arrive, does he do this for all of you?

misc. qns

where do u all put bamboo poles meant for hanging clothes out? currently we chucked it into the toilet so its very ugly. just wonder what are some of the solutions you guys have..

OK, thanks, will wait for your quotation :D

After seeing your house pic, I notice you house is very bright liao... you are sure you want it to be even brighter??

Oh, I leave my bamboo poles on the ceiling hanger... I have 2 sets of those hanger, one in utility room & another in kitchen... keeping them up there can save space on the ground.

aubrey

i suggest u go n buy ur own appliances when u do toilet fittings shopping. Can get discounts if u buy more in the shop. Uncle is so busy that it was only until carpentry came in already then we managed to pass him our model num, so the hob/hood came in quite late. Anyway, i think the shop may belong to his fren, so he just pull some biz for her lor.

As for the laundry system, u wanna take a look at mine? i'm using Ezzi Living's Hi-Dry.

Hi aubrey, can I ask you some qtns? The ceiling fan in your living room, can it generate strong wind? Can you feel the wind even when you are not standing right under it? Roughly how far can you still feel the wind, 3 meters?

I have been wanting to install ceiling fan in my flat... as my ceiling is low & I need light kit on the fan, my only option is 3-blade fan... but I am worried bcos many people say its coverage is very small, no wind once you are outside the fan diameter.

just some images for ref on how i wanna do my place. will ans qns when i am home later.

Scan0026.jpg

color scheme looks good

Scan0028.jpg

my dream kitchen!

Scan0029.jpg

want to use the color scheme for my room

Ahh ok. 1st May sounds reasonable. I hope your meeting with Ah Soon goes well tonight!! :) I like the colour schemes you chosen too heh...

As for the appliance... I agree with mrspiglet. However if you think you're too busy to go and source then you can let Uncle Soon source. But ... you must agree to whatever price he gets it for... Which means if there are any sales outside and you see it for cheaper, you cannot regret. :) Pros and cons la :)

i very blur now. did he give u a quote? he gave me a quote in english. and its the higher price. i dont have the chinese quote to see the breakdown carefully. should have asked him for it. our quote is fluctuating ard now. quite close to what ids are quoting me actually. :( can u share yours with me? i wonder what's his carpentry cost for all who are working with ah soon for the kitchen cabinets..

was your meeting a fruitful one?

show? like post up in here?? still missing a little bit here and there. and i gotta scan it then.

Edited by aubrey

Aubrey if you look at ashes quote.. some thing are quite standard... the same. But I'm really concern about your kitchen cabinets... 16ft = 16ft top and bottom is it? meaning total 32 feet?