Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xvirusga76

A Place To Call Our Home @ Amk

testing to resize fotos.

You use photobucket better for upload big big picture. But you got to sign in as a user.

After you are done with the upload, select the IMG Code (which is one of the link) copy and paste it here than can see you pix liao. I also learnt from the RT pple here.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
merry man, have u decided who? if not maybe can ask uncle or jason. im sure they are willing to do in "batches" for u. cos that was what he said to me. he said do the ground work, things like carpentry can add on when i have enough money and after living in, can decide better if its needed or not. my 2 cents worth but of course u must have built a certain rapport with uncle too. :)

not yet actually, havent call any contractors yet, the only ID I've arranged so far is from a friend who initiated the link-up... I'll probably call uncle and yeak these 2 days and arrange for appointment next week if possible...

We also will not cook so much.. and our kitchen is small. We are going to live with some basic furnitre too.. I told hubby actually no need sofa too.. but if we intend to get the TV, tv console and sofa would have to come it together. Coffee table did not buy but we got a small magazine rack also a side table can tong pang as a coffee table first :P

No dinning table & chairs as we have a breakfast counter and we will get 2 chairs frm ikea. (PS: We redeem ikea vch fm the citibank point, if you have point its the best time to redeem now)

We did not redo our kitchen but we tear down a tall cabinate to make way for our fridge. Will intend to redo the kitchen next time we have the money.

:D Yea, my wife told me furnitures can add on slowly so it's good... due to the size of my unit, we're not intending to have coffee table too, instead, we plan to have side tables like you :D

hehe one more thing to share wor... SIGH...

When I was doing reno, I did the sums, between putting hanging lights in the living and doing false ceiling...

I now have 3 hanging lights there so it's 3 hanging lights VS false ceiling/cove + lights. The latter was more expensive by an estimated $200-$300. So I took the hanging lights...

Then NOW I REGRET!!! cos my electricity bill is VERY expensive! My hanging lights use about 140 watts each time we turn on both and it's not even bright! And that's not including the third one... and current electricity bill is super ex. I reckon with well-planned false ceiling, etc... I can save about $20-$30 each month (after calculating)... So in less than a year I would have "earned" back that $200-$300 installation costs. More long term savings here.

Very sian whenever I think of it.

normal lights on normal ceiling is too far? or?

possible to change for a lower usage bulb?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xvirus, so what are you going to do to your utility room? :D

Edited by merryman

Merryman,

oh.. due to limited spaces :P, we are converting the utility room to our study room where all the lappies, printers, modems, will be at :) i think its really a waste to use it as store room, esp so when its has a nice bay window :)

Merryman,

oh.. due to limited spaces :P, we are converting the utility room to our study room where all the lappies, printers, modems, will be at :) i think its really a waste to use it as store room, esp so when its has a nice bay window :)

great idea :D I'm going to use my spare room as my studies till I have a child... do you have a nice view out of that window?

great idea :D I'm going to use my spare room as my studies till I have a child... do you have a nice view out of that window?

I've yet to take the side of the wall with shelvings from ikea..

Photo0294.jpg

I've yet to take the side of the wall with shelvings from ikea..

Photo0294.jpg

looks like it can be windy at times, the view is partially unblocked? :D

looks like it can be windy at times, the view is partially unblocked? :D

Personally its quite good for a HDB flat with bay window. NICE and first time seeing it. I like it a lot lor :)

*drools all over your bay windows* I WANT!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ya lorz!! i was drooling over it too... its one of the reason why i like the unit, the utility room has bay windows! since we are paying extra $9k for the Main Upgrade Programe, i really find it a total waste to use this room as store room. Hence, we are going to convert it into a study room, except no aircon, but waiting for the floor laminates to be done tomorrow. Maybe can use as MJ room too! i have yet to figure how to squeeze 4 pax into this room :P:rolleyes: ...

Asked around to do up the baywindow with customized seat.. kinda ex... configurations about 160 x 80.. so think i have to do with an IKEA's kid's mattress and cloth it up.. or just add cushions, going to put our telescope there, the night sky view's excellant at night!

Ya lorz!! i was drooling over it too... its one of the reason why i like the unit, the utility room has bay windows! since we are paying extra $9k for the Main Upgrade Programe, i really find it a total waste to use this room as store room. Hence, we are going to convert it into a study room, except no aircon, but waiting for the floor laminates to be done tomorrow. Maybe can use as MJ room too! i have yet to figure how to squeeze 4 pax into this room :P:rolleyes: ...

Asked around to do up the baywindow with customized seat.. kinda ex... configurations about 160 x 80.. so think i have to do with an IKEA's kid's mattress and cloth it up.. or just add cushions, going to put our telescope there, the night sky view's excellant at night!

put the MJ table diamond shape to the room? not enough legs call me :P but I don't play big :D

Sons' Bedroom - Before

scan0003auk.jpg

Sons' Bedroom - After (Sunny Lime Feature Wall, which i felt its too light now especially so against the sunlight, looks kinda YELLOW. think I may want to change it to Celery Green! ;) )

Photo0289.jpg

Our initial plans was to paint the feature wall with green stripes like Klipp-Klapp, but, due to too much hassle, we scrapped the idea :P However, i still feel that the Sunny Lime is too light, cant really tell the green when the sunlight shines in. May want to change the wall to Celery Green instead.. wonder if Alan will flip. :paint::rolleyes::D

Need to consider effects of curtains and also night time when you on the lights.

:PQuickie for Everyone!

Eat abit of snake as i need to see the installation of lights. :yeah: Could see the hollow tiles being replaced with no grouting yet, the deko floor laminates arrived, the utility room door fixed back, lights & bulbs all in the living room as they needed space in the rooms for installation.

Power Deko Floor Laminate - Java Teak

Photo0303.jpg

Double-tube Downlights from Chuan Huat

Photo0336.jpg

Photo0304.jpg

View from Living Room - you can see the small outline of Singapore Flyer at a far distant

Photo0328-1.jpg

After our discussions with Kelvin, we realised we had to change the downlight above the Aircon as its the height of the light & box is 4", we need to change one to a 2". Thus we quickly dropped by Balestier to have a quick lunch at Fa Qi Ren Bak Kuk Teh , yummmyzzz.. before proceed to exchange the bulb.

Edited by xvirusga76