Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Metalsubzero

Looking Forward To Our First Home...

Lucky u.. Like pet, the nearest place to my house is Geylang.. We Eastlanders.. Lol..

Yah, human nature wanna save save save on everything, but we also tend to forget how much we spent on time and effort.. (Countless walking from shops to shops) So much so that even the price differences doesn't make it worthwhile..

congrats metal! Finally ur turn! :)

Lights: i agree somehow its not really that time n effort worthy to run all over the place to save a few dollars here n there, very draining and tiring also. but i tot geylang's prices are quite ok? I've checked a few, all 2x18W downlights were ard <$25 leh. I bought mine @ $22 with osram bulbs.

Service balcony's beam cannot be hacked away, but Pet saw that in my house and say its gd for hiding the laundry poles... LOL :P

Can ask uncle to design for u the cabinets to hide the big pipes. He did that for us too! We were just as clueless then!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have to agree with you on that... the kitchen is really quite small with little counter space. It's really not much of a choice ba. Don't worry about the pipes issue la. I'm sure Uncle will plan properly.

So exciting right? it's starting so soon. ;)

As for the Appliances you named.. you might want to have a cabinet thingy to stack them all up. I have a toaster and a microwave also. Going to do that in the dining area. mmm

*** edit**** YA I was so envious of mrspiglet's beam cos it shields the poles nicely when they are not in use!!! Now I dunno what to do with mine and I think they are ugly. LOL I'm going to spend more hours psychoing my mom to get the tumble dry thing. :P

Edited by pinkpetter

MrsPiglet: Thanks thanks! Some shop quoted me $40 for downlights(2x18w), the normal white frame one, not even the glass design one.. He thinks I have carrot on my head for the hair.. Hahaha.. Where u bought urs from ah? Extreme right? The Extreme guy seems like he dun wanna give me Osram for $22 leh.. -___-"

Ok, hope Uncle will do one sui sui one for me! Hahaha.. Urs looks very very nice!

Pet: Why don't u get Uncle to construct a beam for you? Hahahaha.. Jokes aside, the tumble dryer costs a bomb rite?

Anyways, yah lo, I want something like an open shelving area for the microwave, but heard that the heat will not be very good for cabinet, so must have ample space around the microwave.. Actually it looks bigger den when I first saw it, cuz the previous owner actually has another seperate shelve they put just outside the s/yard door..

Really hope the cabinets will turn out nicely.. Yeah, exciting, but a major headache is gonna follow.. Hahaha..

Metal: haha I think I will be the first to construct a beam when everyone's asking if they can hack down theirs!! My mom did ask the same question also.. but I just ignored her. :P The dryer itself does not cost a lot but the electrical bills will go sky high. Anything that emits heat is in the Power Supply's list of top ten energy wasting appliances.. :P

mmm You just reminded me about that heat thing.. Guess I have to take that into consideration when I plan too. :)

Metalsubzero

Managed to dig out a pic...big pipe behind this tall but mini shelving. Jason's initiative. :good:

DSCF1424.jpg

See if they can do some design to accommodate the mop and broom? Growler mentioned that they did it for him when they box up the pipe. My mop n broom is hiding behind my washing machine now cos there's no place for them! :(

I think my downlights are normal white frame ones. I didnt go to Extreme, too far for me.. n i support Eastern shops! haha!! I had 12 downlights and i think the final discount could avg out to abt $21 per 2x13W downlight. The uncle says 2x13 or 2x18 both same price thou. I bought mine from No1 Lighting. Actually u can try A lighting or DK lighting too, prices are quite competitive.

pinkpetter

I've also got a colleague who's absolutely against hanging wet laundry! So he will die die get a dryer, despite knowing the bill is already killing him (at his parents' place now).

Otherwise, try the gas dryer? Citygas claims that the bill is lesser than electrical bill.

EH? come to think of it.. where is my mop and broom ah? LOL. I have not idea where they are... mm I like that shallow shelf design.. it's good! :)

I'll check out the citygas dryer. hehehhe :)

Metalsubzero

Managed to dig out a pic...big pipe behind this tall but mini shelving. Jason's initiative. :good:

DSCF1424.jpg

See if they can do some design to accommodate the mop and broom? Growler mentioned that they did it for him when they box up the pipe. My mop n broom is hiding behind my washing machine now cos there's no place for them! :(

I think my downlights are normal white frame ones. I didnt go to Extreme, too far for me.. n i support Eastern shops! haha!! I had 12 downlights and i think the final discount could avg out to abt $21 per 2x13W downlight. The uncle says 2x13 or 2x18 both same price thou. I bought mine from No1 Lighting. Actually u can try A lighting or DK lighting too, prices are quite competitive.

Oh, dat's a good price u bought the lights for..

Anyways, yah, I know the pipes can be boxed up, just dunno where the part the L starts will and can be becuz of the pipes' positions..

EH? come to think of it.. where is my mop and broom ah? LOL. I have not idea where they are... mm I like that shallow shelf design.. it's good! :)

I'll check out the citygas dryer. hehehhe :)

Lol.. U got no idea where ur mop and broom are? Hahaha, Storeroom? I also think the shallow shelf design good.. totally block out the sight of the pipes.. I actually saw sumthin lidat at the Eunos unit too..

Metalsubzero

DSCF1424.jpg

pinkpetter

I've also got a colleague who's absolutely against hanging wet laundry! So he will die die get a dryer, despite knowing the bill is already killing him (at his parents' place now).

Otherwise, try the gas dryer? Citygas claims that the bill is lesser than electrical bill.

Just to clarify, Jason didn't start the carpentry yet. My previous contractor did a tall cabinet just to box up the pipes so that they are accessible. Uncle also said the same when he came to quote.

Okok, so I think I'm in safe hands bah.. Hahaha.. Thanks guys for the reassurance.. Anyways, finally today can go see the unit at night with Uncle Soon and my FSM liao.. Will post any updates later at nite!

Metalsubzero

DSCF1424.jpg

pinkpetter

Hi Mrs Piglet,

The 2 layer dish-drainer, how much did u get it? Are u doing a pull-down cabinet to hide the dish-drainer? What is the dimensions of the cabinet needed huh? Does this type of dish-drainers come in standard length?

Thanks

Metal , did you manage to see the display set of Samsung RT72KASE ?

I want to get this model but currently it's out of stock from everjoint and goh ar bee.

Wonder you know which shop still have ?

Regards

Simon