Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

@Pet & Familyof4

Finally got to meet Ah Soon yesterday evening and the meeting turned out really well.

After I called him yesterday morning, I didn't call to remind him, but I'm glad he did take the effort to remember and he called me in the evening before popping by from Tampines.

He's a very nice and friendly uncle but what strikes wifey and I is that he's indeed very sincere and experienced and has alot of ideas to offer once you show him your preferred concept, and also he's very mindful of budget and down to earth. He also suggested that I take a look at some of his ongoing work and workmanship at Fondue's house this week and assess his workmanship. I guess I will pop by there on Saturday afternoon to have a look see.

Nice that u managed to meet up with him! My coll complaining to me this morning ah soon flew her aeroplane for their appt last evening. I just have to console her that its 'part of the package' :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nice that u managed to meet up with him! My coll complaining to me this morning ah soon flew her aeroplane for their appt last evening. I just have to console her that its 'part of the package' :P

Hmmm ... looks like he has quite a backlog of missed appointments.

He's definitely very busy. During my meeting with him, his mobile was ringing non-stop and many a time he had to tell them that he'd call them back tomorrow.

Since my appointment was delayed a day, I suppose he'll probably meet up with your friend this evening. ;)

Hmmm ... looks like he has quite a backlog of missed appointments.

He's definitely very busy. During my meeting with him, his mobile was ringing non-stop and many a time he had to tell them that he'd call them back tomorrow.

Since my appointment was delayed a day, I suppose he'll probably meet up with your friend this evening. ;)

I'm glad the meeting went well and that you find him sincere and experienced, exactly how I find him to be too. :) You're right about the backlog... But after th 25th it'll be worse since he has 5 houses starting on the 25th... mm

I'm glad the meeting went well and that you find him sincere and experienced, exactly how I find him to be too. :) You're right about the backlog... But after th 25th it'll be worse since he has 5 houses starting on the 25th... mm

i am one of the 25th :x

:) Update us when he gives you his quotes ya? Saw you replying in smartie/Booy's blog. :)

and I'm glad you're already experiencing one of the benefits of working with Ah Soon.. :P

Adrian,

Your sketches are awesome! (The last time I tried to draw a dog, my wife thought it looked like some devilish creature from H@LL )

And all the best with that Cat. High thingy - good school coupled with sheer convenience for Bishanites!

Edited by oohaahcantona10

Adrian,

Your sketches are awesome! (The last time I tried to draw a dog, my wife thought it looked like some devilish creature from H@LL )

And all the best with that Cat. High thingy - good school coupled with sheer convenience for Bishanites!

Thanks for the compliments Cantona-Fan.

Yes, I do hope that my 2 boys will end up in Cat. High. Save me the headache and cost of commuting to Siglap every morning for 8 years and losing many hours of sleep and my life in the process. Hahahaha! You're on St 23? We've got a number of Bishanites around here. Should organise a gathering. :)

Managed to find myself a Rotring house furnishing standardgraph stencil and decided to play around with working out a rough floor plan.

With wifey edging me to get a bigger, longer wardrobe in the MBR, I realised the only way to accomodate this request would be to change the position of the MBR entrance and eat into the tiny space between the rooms. This will mean a shift in the current MBR bathroom door to the side and shrinking the vanity top and cabinet in the MBR bathroom to a smaller one. Where the current MBR toilet door is right now will be sealed up and a TV cabinet/wall placed in front.

Also tried a hand at thinking of a rough kitchen layout to meet wifey's brief of having 'as much storage as possible' (God knows why??). So have placed 2 tall cabinets in addition to the standard cabinet. There will be a wet/dry area too. Haven't decided on plans for the study/spare room. Still exploring ideas.

floorplanver1.jpg

Based on the new layout, decided to try to do up a visualisation sketch of the Master Bedroom, and add a couple of 'extra touches' to spice the visual up a little.

A pity the room isn't square but has an odd sharp angled point where the window is. Based on the floor plan, the MBR can be pretty cramped once a King Size bed is in, with a 34cm space between the bed and the long wardrobe.

draftsketchmbrver2.jpg

Based on the new layout, decided to try to do up a visualisation sketch of the Master Bedroom, and add a couple of 'extra touches' to spice the visual up a little.

A pity the room isn't square but has an odd sharp angled point where the window is. Based on the floor plan, the MBR can be pretty cramped once a King Size bed is in, with a 34cm space between the bed and the long wardrobe.

draftsketchmbrver2.jpg

oh man...u r so going to replace jason's job?

ur good!!! architect? or some thing to do w art?

Yeah, am at St 23, one of the blocks overlooking Bishan Park.

Agree - shld do a gathering once everyone's done with reno. and settled in.

- Jeffrey

Thanks for the compliments Cantona-Fan.

Yes, I do hope that my 2 boys will end up in Cat. High. Save me the headache and cost of commuting to Siglap every morning for 8 years and losing many hours of sleep and my life in the process. Hahahaha! You're on St 23? We've got a number of Bishanites around here. Should organise a gathering. :)